Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by cooked71
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

Finally got my email that my game is nearing completion. I'm an hour and 20 minutes away and stated that I wanted to pick the game up when I initially ordered.

Now this is supposedly no longer an option.

Anybody know when this changed and why?

I'm not about to shell out for a residential delivery when I can hop in the truck and have the game home in 3 hours for $20 in gas.

#2 8 years ago

#3 8 years ago

Someone complained to the state about sales tax not being collected on the pickups. Now there is no pickups unless you pay sales tax.

#4 8 years ago
    Quoted from Iceman5000:

Someone complained to the state about sales tax not being collected on the pickups. Now there is no pickups unless you pay sales tax.

Who would have snitched?

#5 8 years ago

You can get around this if you hire an area delivery service to pick it up and deliver it. Maybe try Spee Dee Delivery.

http://www.speedeedelivery.com/

Not sure about Chicago to Racine, but you might be able to find a trucking firm that specializes in short haul delivery. Especially if you are shipping to a business and have a loading dock.

Should be able to find something like that for $100 or less.

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Who would have snitched?

A rival company that surfs pinside often?

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Who would have snitched?

A delivery company being done out of business?

#8 8 years ago

Issue is both an ethical and legal one.

If pin is picked up in state, then sales taxes are due. It is the law, so I wouldn't be too bummed about the rules being enforced

From a personal viewpoint, nobody spending a bunch of money on a toy wants to pays $600 in taxes to the state. It is a big waste and the state wouldn't even miss it. . It does suck though.

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

It is a big waste and the state wouldn't even miss it.

You're obviously not familiar with Chicago, Illinois.

#10 8 years ago

I love cash sales and the underground eCONomy.

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from Barron:

You're obviously not familiar with Chicago, Illinois.

Plus the Cook COuNty skim.

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Issue is both an ethical and legal one.
    If pin is picked up in state, then sales taxes are due. It is the law, so I wouldn't be too bummed about the rules being enforced
    From a personal viewpoint, nobody spending a bunch of money on a toy wants to pays $600 in taxes to the state. It is a big waste and the state wouldn't even miss it. . It does suck though.

I live in Illinois and this was a question that was brought up often. Although it deosnt pertain to me since i have a sales tax number. But it was said loud and clear by Rick that pick-up was available and depending on who you bought the game from, would determine the sales tax issue. Since PPS does not have an office in Illinois, you could buy from them and not have sales tax. But if you bought from a distributor in Illinois, then sales tax would have to be added

#13 8 years ago

Glad I was able to pick up my MMr from CGC before this change took place.

#14 8 years ago

I was told it was an insurance risk and they didn't want to work out the logistics in putting games off to the side. Do you know what LE # they are on?

If you figure out a way to pick up the game let me know too. I am in the same boat.

Thanks for the update

#15 8 years ago

I guess this is still NOT clear to me... If I ordered from JJP and pick up at CGC... Do I still pay sales tax.??

.. I am asking just to make sure I have extra cash saved when the time comes..

FYI. We live in Iowa....

THX

NT..

#16 8 years ago

Shipping quote was $220. Not too bad. I guess 3-4 hours time and gas and it evens it out.

Still, would have been a cool experience to pick the game up in person...

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from johnbuzzz:

Still, would have been a cool experience to pick the game up in person...

You're really not missing out on much.

It's a curb-side pick-up. CGC didn't give me the impression that they had their act together. Didn't even ask for any form of identification...IMO, anyone could have claimed to be me, and could have walked away w/ my MMr.

#18 8 years ago

Just tell them you want to send your own shipper to pick it up. Then pick it up.

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from michiganpinball:

Just tell them you want to send your own shipper to pick it up. Then pick it up.

Good point.....whats the difference?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-no-longer-able-to-pick-up-at-cg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.