MMRLE-speakers-kicker-2 (resized).jpg
MMRLE-speakers-kicker-1 (resized).jpg
image4 (resized).JPG
image2-2 (resized).JPG
image1-2 (resized).JPG
MMRLE-pcb-solenoid-power-1.jpg
MMRLE-color-err-6_(resized).jpg
MMRLE-color-err-5_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Drewblood419.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#298 8 years ago

So I just got home from work and checked the mail. Looks like the diffuser kit for my MMR just showed up. The diffuser is a large sheet of styrene plastic and a few smaller pieces(for the smaller led boards) and it looks like you install it in between the PF and the main board(and smaller led boards) using existing screws and holes. I have my daughter tonight so I won't be able to install it until tomorrow after work (or maybe tonight after she goes to sleep) but here are a few pics in the meantime.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#307 8 years ago

OK so I installed the diffuser tonight it wasn't as complex to install as the directions sound. Basically what you have to do is remove the 5 small light boards from the playfield you can keep them plugged in and let them hang then unplug all of the connectors from the top blue solenoid driver board (I used my daughters washable markers to color code each plug ) then unplug 23 plugs along the right side of the big green board (GI and Switches) from JS28 clockwise all the way to J8. All of those plugs were color coded from the factory or at least on mine it was. Then unplug the 2 troll switches (SW74 and SW75) also unplug the Ethernet cable and the thick green cable from the board. Next unscrew the screws holding the green board to the Playfield but keep them in the standoffs. Also remove the 2 steel wire bundle hangers that in the way and let them hang. Here comes the part that took a bit of patience. You need to slowly work the board up each side between the sling shot coils it's a bit tight and tedious because of all the connectors that snag so just go slow. Once that's done maneuver the diffuser sheet between the board and th PF. Once you get it lined up you hand tighten a few screws in the green board's standoffs to hold the diffuser sheet now gently work the board back between the sling coils and line the mounting screws back up with their holes. Make sure you don't trap any plugs between the board and the PF. Tighten down the board and plug everything back in. Then reinstall the small light boards with their matching diffuser piece. Overall it took me about a hour and a half (including a cigarette and cold beer break lol) it is a huge difference on the inserts. The best way I can describe it is that it looks exactly like an incandescent bulb and gets rid of that bright spot in the middle. It doesn't make the ink look solid jet black or anything but I can read them with no issue during game play even the king inserts are readable. Here are some pics of the process

#308 8 years ago

Before:

#309 8 years ago

After:

#314 8 years ago

I'm debating on getting some Titan silicone competition bands for MMR they definitely keep things cleaner than regular rubbers do and they wipe clean also. Just not sure what color to do right now I'm leaning towards clear especially on the slings for A better spread of light on the PF

#320 8 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

The first question everyone will ask on the secondary market will be regarding the inserts. How is the print quality of the inserts? Does your machine have the diffuser?

There is an easy answer to that question, "this is the price, yes the price is firm. If you don't like it don't buy it. Maybe there's another one out there that fits your criteria, good luck in your search."

#322 8 years ago

Which is more valuable one with sling-chop damage, a shiny undamaged PF with thin ink and a diffuser or a perfect standard MMR with no shaker, plaque, trim, or ply bottom/finished cab. At the end of the day value is what someone is willing to pay for it just because one person thinks it should be cheaper and won't pay asking price doesn't mean there isn't someone out there that will. Here's another example there are 2 MMRLE's for sale both at the same firm price. one is local and has the diffuser and "thin ink" the other is located farther away and will require shipping but the seller says it has dark text. which do you choose is it worth risking shipping and an extra $400 to have dark text or is it better to get one with text that is a slight bit thinner but still legible for $400 less with no shipping risk?

3 weeks later
#393 7 years ago

Rick stated on the PPS forum that if you feel that your game has an issue then you work with CGC (submit a ticket, call them, email them) and if they agree then they will work something out with you under warranty.

#398 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Are there now degrees of sh*ttiness with respect to the print quality of the inserts?
"Yes, the print quality of your inserts is not perfect, but we've seen worse. Therefore, you do not qualify for the free diffuser."

Not too sure what their criteria is for deciding if one is warranted or not. In my opinion every dissatisfied customer that wants one for their MMR should get one no questions asked but then again I'm not them. Did you file a ticket for a diffuser for your MMR? What did they tell you? Are they sending you a diffuser? How is the ink on your MMR? Can you post your pics here for comparison?

1 month later
#483 7 years ago

I went from the beta to the 2.0 There are diffrent menu options like playfield dimming and an option to turn the color on or off but it is not selectable without the chip kit. The display looks to be more defined and brighter than on the beta. Haven't put enough time on it tonight to notice much else

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 64.99
Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.00
$ 9.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Drewblood419.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-nib-repair-kit?tu=Drewblood419 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.