MMRLE-speakers-kicker-2 (resized).jpg
MMRLE-speakers-kicker-1 (resized).jpg
image4 (resized).JPG
image2-2 (resized).JPG
image1-2 (resized).JPG
MMRLE-pcb-solenoid-power-1.jpg
MMRLE-color-err-6_(resized).jpg
MMRLE-color-err-5_(resized).png
There are 650 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 13.
#401 7 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

I swear, Rick and company could be the greatest businessmen I have ever witnessed.

Maybe, but this really helps make Teekee's sentiments ring true.

#402 7 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

It is kind of interesting how they have spun the diffuser to now be viewed as an upgrade to existing machines. They are actually generating demand for something that was created as a band-aid to quiet people that received a defective product. I swear, Rick and company could be the greatest businessmen I have ever witnessed.

lol... preach brother!

#403 7 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

If they're charging $30 for a flimsy piece of plastic, I guess I should get ready for the nut punch for colorization.

Here is a cheaper way to prepare yourself.

download_(1)_(resized).jpgdownload_(1)_(resized).jpg

#404 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Here is a cheaper way to prepare yourself.

If you think that's going to protect you from nut punches, you're sadly mistaken. I think you're looking for one of these:

images_(resized).jpgimages_(resized).jpg

#405 7 years ago

I have a feeling a nut punch isn't all CGC has in store for their loyal customers.

#406 7 years ago

One of the problems with buying NIB is not being able to examine your machine before purchase.

For example, I've seen glassy smooth clear coat and rippled clear coat on lots of machines so I expect this is typical production variation. Sure, everyone wants the glassy smooth but should the manufacturer be expected to replace all playfields that have some ripple? How much ripple is too much?

In the case of MMR, I don't think CGC should have to replace all the playfields that have thinner black lettering (again, subjective), but offering the diffuser for free to all owners who request it seems like a no brainer, PR wise.

Edit: It also sounds like a pain to install, so why would someone want to go through that unless they felt it was needed?

#407 7 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

but offering the diffuser for free to all owners who request it seems like a no brainer, PR wise.

Just like the coin mechs?

#408 7 years ago

Here's the part I don't get. It seems on the unboxing thread that some MMrs might be shipping with the diffuser already installed. Did those owners have to pay another $30? If not then why should those that didn't come with it?

#409 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Here's the part I don't get. It seems on the unboxing thread that some MMrs might be shipping with the diffuser already installed. Did those owners have to pay another $30? If not then why should those that didn't come with it?

Because this project is already working on razor-thin profit margins. Rick reminded us all many times before the games shipped that original games cost a lot more, they left untold thousands on the table with this effort. Per game. To expect them to ship out $4 worth of plastic in a USPS media shipping tube at a cost of probably another $5 seems selfish on the part of these new owners. I know Rick doesn't come here but if he did I would tell him he really screwed up on this one. Everybody that wants one of these upgrades would have paid a lot more than $30 for it. I'm thinking $75 easy, maybe even $100. It's not like people can make their own.

#410 7 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

Because this project is already working on razor-thin profit margins. Rick reminded us all many times before the games shipped that original games cost a lot more, they left untold thousands on the table with this effort. Per game. To expect them to ship out $4 worth of plastic in a USPS media shipping tube at a cost of probably another $5 seems selfish on the part of these new owners. I know Rick doesn't come here but if he did I would tell him he really screwed up on this one. Everybody that wants one of these upgrades would have paid a lot more than $30 for it. I'm thinking $75 easy, maybe even $100. It's not like people can make their own.

I think your dry wit may fly over the head of some readers here. I'm certainly enjoying it though

#411 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It appears that they are flying by the seat of their pants and have no idea how to run this properly.

#412 7 years ago

I'm surprised nobody saw this coming.

#413 7 years ago

hardest part bout installing diffuser was getting bottom part around trolls mechs

#414 7 years ago

anyone getting excessive balls falling off the peasant/catapult metal ramp? right by the dragon/trolls

#415 7 years ago

I installed the diffuser today. I actually wasn't sure I needed it, but asked my distributor and they got me one. (No charge)

Not too hard to install.

And what I like the best is you can no longer see the green circuit board behind the king of Payne insert. And a few other Inserts that you could before. But otherwise I don't really think my Inserts needed it. As there is not a huge difference in the lettering. Just a difference in actually seeing the leds behind them not spotting now.
Now it's like they went from superbrights to frosted bulbs.
It just makes the leds not quite so bright through the Inserts.

And as we all know leds don't photograph well. The print on the lit Inserts is actually darker in reality.

IMG_20160429_155638797_(resized).jpgIMG_20160429_155638797_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160429_155643578_(resized).jpgIMG_20160429_155643578_(resized).jpg

#416 7 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

really screwed up on this one

Quoted from Mike_J:

It appears that they are flying by the seat of their pants and have no idea how to run this properly.

#417 7 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

PPS forum that if you feel that your game has an issue then you work with CGC

PPS +CGC=NFG

#418 7 years ago

NFG No Freaking Good (polite form)
NFG New Found Glory (band)
NFG Neighborhood Funders Group
NFG Nefteyugansk (Russia)
NFG National Fuel Gas Distribution Corporation
NfG Note for Guidance (European Medicines Agency)
NFG Nar-Anon (Narcotics Anonymous) Family Group
NFG Non-Functional Gear
NFG Not Functioning Good
NFG National Golf Foundation
NFG Not for Girls (hair care line)
NFG Non Fighting Group (gaming)
NFG No Filament or Grid (vacuum tube)
NFG No Finish Grind (metal finishing)
NFG Non-Food Grade
NFG Next Flight Going (Air Freight)
NFG Not Fully Guaranteed
NFG New Freaking Guy
NFG Not First Grade
NFG No Future Generation
NFG NeurofunkGrid
NFG Net Facilities Group

#419 7 years ago

Things are getting pretty tense over on the PPS forums on this topic, Rick has begun locking topics on this subject. I honestly feel bad for everyone involved. From the mfg dates that folks are providing it's clear that CGC has continued to build games with the weak insert printing far beyond it being discovered as being a customer issue. My guess is while production was slowing down at Stern several months back they went ahead and produced the rest of the playfields to have them ready to go so they have way too much stock to dump them or re-work them.

#420 7 years ago

I guess that ALL the playfields were made before the issue was known, CGC then said all existing playfields were inspected and any not up to THEIR standard were rejected, from memory they said they only rejected a couple. It seems their standard is VERY low and from what I can see most of the games shipping now have light printing. Has anyone seen a recent unboxing that has dark text like the early runs?

Rick wants the PPS forum to remain a walled garden of positive comments only.......with so many unhappy customers he is having a difficult time maintaining that. I wouldn't be surprised if he spits the dummy soon and closes the whole forum.

I'm tired of him telling everyone they need to talk to CGC instead of him.....I have tried talking to CGC and they ignore me......in fact even Rick can't get any real truthful info out of CGC so I can't see how he expects us to be able to. Someone needs to stand up and take responsibility instead of all this passing the buck and ignoring or blaming the customer.

I can't get a response from CGC right now.....doesn't make me confident I will be able to buy a spare board for my game in 10+ years time

#421 7 years ago
Quoted from rx3:NFG No Freaking Good (polite form)
NFG Not Fully Guaranteed
NFG Not First Grade
NFG No Future Generation

These four probably would have been enough.

#422 7 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

I guess that ALL the playfields were made before the issue was known, CGC then said all existing playfields were inspected and any not up to THEIR standard were rejected, from memory they said they only rejected a couple. It seems their standard is VERY low and from what I can see most of the games shipping now have light printing. Has anyone seen a recent unboxing that has dark text like the early runs?
Rick wants the PPS forum to remain a walled garden of positive comments only.......with so many unhappy customers he is having a difficult time maintaining that. I wouldn't be surprised if he spits the dummy soon and closes the whole forum.
I'm tired of him telling everyone they need to talk to CGC instead of him.....I have tried talking to CGC and they ignore me......in fact even Rick can't get any real truthful info out of CGC so I can't see how he expects us to be able to. Someone needs to stand up and take responsibility instead of all this passing the buck and ignoring or blaming the customer.
I can't get a response from CGC right now.....doesn't make me confident I will be able to buy a spare board for my game in 10+ years time

"spits the dummy"...lol I wish we Yanks could use this expression.

But yeah... usually they simply discard "bad" PF's and then some show up up at shows as factory seconds, etc. Maybe they really DID run so many that they feel compelled to use them? That would suck. To put it mildly.

Then again this the first time Churchill has been in charge of the whole show and just may have lower standards and/or more profit focused. I don't think WMS or Stern would have accepted these PF's for their games... hence why we've never heard of the "faded insert" problem before this.

Talk about burning through all your goodwill... I'd be scared sh*tless to buy a product from PPS/Churchill. They'll both point the finger at each other and then you'll get the predictable, dreaded "falls within specs" reply.

#423 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

"spits the dummy"... I don't think WMS or Stern would have accepted these PF's for their games... hence why we've never heard of the "faded insert" problem before this.

has anyone contacted the license "owner" to share this quality control information with them & see what they think about it?

#424 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

has anyone contacted the license "owner" to share this quality control information with them & see what they think about it?

They are getting their money. Doubtful they give much of an F other than that. Williams Pinball is dead to them.

#425 7 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

The whole handling of the situation is very bizarre. Unlike CGC, people actually have an open-line of communication with PPS. But yet, it almost seems like Rick wants to wash his hands of all of this and is continuously instructing people to direct their rage at CGC - especially after telling people that they won't be shipping out anymore defective playfields (a proven lie). He left Pinside because of all of the "negativity" - but it's really no different over there on PPS.

Simply telling people to contact CGC isn't the right way to handle this. Especially when he claims he talks to them on a daily basis. And despite him trying to place the blame on CGC, he needs to realize that this was a joint project. And as much as he probably doesn't like it, the blemish will not strictly be on CGC, but it will be both companies.

I'm still hoping they'll ultimately do the right thing and take care of the customers who have this issue.

#426 7 years ago

Double.

#427 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

He's probably been too busy working up a pitch for his next product.

il_570xN.647434168_cf5d_(resized).jpgil_570xN.647434168_cf5d_(resized).jpg

#428 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

He's probably been too busy working up a pitch for his next product.

TAKE MY MONEY !!!!!!!!!!

#429 7 years ago

Turn out the lights, the party's over.

#430 7 years ago
Quoted from surfajl77:

He left Pinside because of all of the "negativity" - but it's really no different over there on PPS.

He left here because he doesn't care for criticism that he can't control and has to respond to. Pinside serves a valuable purpose for Rick when he is selling his wares, but when he has a full slate of orders and he is into the months and years it takes to fill them he has no interest in engaging the rabble, especially when legitimate concerns come up. He has faithful minions that will reinforce that idea as well, and coincidentally a lot of those folks seem to have ended up with early production games that didn't have any of these issues. I will never understand the mentality of people that seem to think that it is in their best interest as a consumer to support a business' desire to operate behind an iron curtain where their money flows one way but the other side can't be bothered to respond to scrutiny.

#431 7 years ago

I posted this on PPS, but figured I'd post here as well. I am having trouble with my lockdown bar. It won't lock. It will sit in the holes when the lever is open, but the lever will not close. It just keeps resisting and I can't figure out what I can do to fix it.

I posted these pics. Not sure if they help and I can take better ones if needed. It looks like the right latch might be kind of dented or crooked. I don't know. I took pics of it open and closed.

Photo_May_11,_4_06_24_PM_(resized).jpgPhoto_May_11,_4_06_24_PM_(resized).jpg

Photo_May_11,_4_06_34_PM_(resized).jpgPhoto_May_11,_4_06_34_PM_(resized).jpg

#432 7 years ago

If you adjust those two brass screws it determines how tight it holds down the bar. Try those if you haven't already. Sounds like it's set too tight if the handle won't close.

#433 7 years ago

The screws seem to tighten or loosen the spring, but not much else that I can see to make a difference.

What's happening is that the silver metal latch (as seen in the picture) sits too low, so it just keeps scraping the bottom of the lockdown's latches. There's a little bit of wiggle room if I lift it up the silver latch with my fingers (this is with the playfield up and the glass off) and press down hard on the lockbar, which forces it in. Very weird. I wonder if I should put some kind of lubricant on the latches to help?

Photo_May_11,_5_30_46_PM_(resized).jpgPhoto_May_11,_5_30_46_PM_(resized).jpg

#434 7 years ago

Yeah I wish I had more suggestions... I had one machine where the latch wouldn't engage unless I really leaned down HARD on the bar. I was hoping this was all it was for you as experimenting with the screw adjustments got it smooth and easy.

You really shouldn't need any lube for such a simple mech and it will quickly attract black flipper dust and it'll get ugly.

Good luck! Hopefully something simple

#435 7 years ago

At the risk of offending you are you sure the glass is all the way in and the bar isn't hitting the glass keeping it from going into the receiver far enough? Does it have this problem without the glass installed?

#436 7 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

At the risk of offending you are you sure the glass is all the way in and the bar isn't hitting the glass keeping it from going into the receiver far enough? Does it have this problem without the glass installed?

Not offended at all. And yes, I tried to install it with the glass both on and off - and my glass is pushed all the way up to ensure that it's not interfering with the lockdown bar going into the receiver. The bar itself fits in perfectly - it just is extremely resistant with locking. I was finally able to get it, but I really have to force it.

I also wanted to ask you guys. When your left troll pops up, does it rest against the ramp that's above it? Mine is touching the ramp.

#437 7 years ago
Quoted from surfajl77:

Mine is touching the ramp.

Yeah that is standard they all touch, mine is not showing any wear to the sticker after 500+ games, I was thinking about putting mylar on it or buying a spare sticker but I have not done either yet.

#438 7 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Yeah that is standard they all touch, mine is not showing any wear to the sticker after 500+ games, I was thinking about putting mylar on it or buying a spare sticker but I have not done either yet.

Not necessary. The original MM was like that and decal wear wasn't s problem in commercial use.

#439 7 years ago
Quoted from surfajl77:

The screws seem to tighten or loosen the spring, but not much else that I can see to make a difference.

Nothing to do with the spring. There is a bar the lever moves back and forth. The screws raise or lower that bar. The spring holds it into position.

LTG : )

#440 7 years ago
Quoted from surfajl77:

Not offended at all. And yes, I tried to install it with the glass both on and off - and my glass is pushed all the way up to ensure that it's not interfering with the lockdown bar going into the receiver. The bar itself fits in perfectly - it just is extremely resistant with locking. I was finally able to get it, but I really have to force it.
I also wanted to ask you guys. When your left troll pops up, does it rest against the ramp that's above it? Mine is touching the ramp.

If you really have to force it that's a sign that you need to adjust those 2 screws. Unless there is truly a manufacturing defect of some kind you should be able to loosen it considerably.

As usual LTG explains it more concisely

1 week later
#441 7 years ago

Anyone else having issues with a flipper sticking up/not settling down all the way?

I installed new flipper bats (the purple metallic ones) and now the left flipper does not always return properly. I gapped the flipper against the bushing the same on both sides, right flipper is flawless.

When I play with the flipper, with the glass off, it feels like the plunger is sticking in the coil sleeve... I removed the coil and sleeve, didn't see anything out of the ordinary.

I tried gapping against the bushing even more and it worked great for a couple games, now it is happening again.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks!

Edit: I see one of the links has a very loose bolt! Will tighten that and see if it solves the issue.

Edit 2: seems to be helping

3 weeks later
#442 7 years ago

MMR 884 is finally here! Too bad it was DOA out of the box. It's been a rollercoaster getting it going and I"m finally stuck. At first, It had lit LEDs on the PCBs under the playfield but it wouldn't boot. I wen't through every connector and jiggled/re-seated them. It then powered on and booted fine. I played two quick games and during the second game, the flippers, bumpers, slings, trolls, castle, plunger, etc. all stopped working and failed their diagnostics test. I could only get one of the solenoids to fire, which I think was a ramp lifter or something(It was at ~37 solenoid test before one fired). I pulled the playfield to give it another look and since then, it hasn't powered on again. I'm 95% sure that it's just a loose wire but I've gone through every connection 3 times since the last failure... I still have the small LEDs lit on the PCB's under the playfield, but the game won't boot. There aren't any LEDs on the PCB in the back box so it feels like it's happening on the way there. Any insight is much appreciated!

#443 7 years ago

#444 7 years ago
Quoted from bodaggly:

MMR 884 is finally here! Too bad it was DOA out of the box. It's been a rollercoaster getting it going but I"m finally stuck. At first, It had lit LEDs on the PCBs under the playfield but it wouldn't boot. I wen't through every connector and jiggled/re-seated them. It then powered on and booted fine. I played two quick games and during the second game, the flippers, bumpers, slings, trolls, castle, plunger, etc. all stopped working and failed their diagnostics test. I could only get one of the solenoids to fire, which I think was a ramp lifter or something(It was at ~37 solenoid test before one fired). I pulled the playfield to give it another look and since then, it hasn't powered on again. I'm 95% sure that it's just a loose wire but I've gone through every connection 3 times since the last failure... I still have the small LEDs lit on the PCB's under the playfield, but the game won't boot. There aren't any LEDs on the PCB in the back box so it feels like it's happening on the way there. Any insight is much appreciated!

I also found this lone molex clip that didn't have a mate in reach. It's up by the plumb and comes out of the coin mech harness area.

2016-06-16_23.41.41_(resized).jpg2016-06-16_23.41.41_(resized).jpg

#445 7 years ago
Quoted from bodaggly:

I also found this lone molex clip that didn't have a mate in reach. It's up by the plumb and comes out of the coin mech harness area.

That's normal and not your gremlin. Hope you get it worked out. Usually something simple.

#446 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

That's normal and not your gremlin. Hope you get it worked out. Usually something simple.

Thanks. I figured it was by design but I couldn't see anything else out of the ordinary.

#447 7 years ago

Should the flippers be set parallel with the ball guides? I set them that way and they seem too high in their end of stroke position.

#448 7 years ago
Quoted from bodaggly:

FTR, that's for your dollar bill acceptor..

#449 7 years ago

Call Lloyd and he will help you out. Also open a ticket for problem so it can be documented. It will get fixed so hang in there. On a side note did you want the plumb bob for the tilt upside down?

#450 7 years ago
Quoted from flipnout1:

Call Lloyd and he will help you out. Also open a ticket for problem so it can be documented. It will get fixed so hang in there. On a side note did you want the plumb bob for the tilt upside down?

LOL, thanks! I'm a newb and it seemed like a tight fit!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 29.95
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 45.00
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 64.99
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 650 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-nib-repair-kit/page/9?hl=surfajl77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.