MMRLE-speakers-kicker-2 (resized).jpg
MMRLE-speakers-kicker-1 (resized).jpg
image4 (resized).JPG
image2-2 (resized).JPG
image1-2 (resized).JPG
MMRLE-pcb-solenoid-power-1.jpg
MMRLE-color-err-6_(resized).jpg
MMRLE-color-err-5_(resized).png
There are 650 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 13.
#351 8 years ago

Mod:

Mod = Mirror Blades

Several colors.
Gold looks good too.
Available from PDI.

There can be cabinet sizing variations between games, so it is best if you measure the total available side gap.
I believe I measured 3-4mm.
No issue with lifting the playfield with the mirror blades installed, just go slow.

#352 8 years ago

Thank you for doing this Labnip, great summary of findings so far

#353 8 years ago

Labnip's customer service is second to none.

#354 8 years ago

Where can I get code updates? I went to Chicago Gaming website but couldn't find them.

#355 8 years ago

I'm still having an MMR issue. This does not happen all the time but still I don't believe it should ever happen.

When the castle gate is open and the ball is shot into the lock it destroys the castle. Chicago gaming sent me a new switch 44 for the moat but that didn't seem to work.

What next?

#356 8 years ago

Mine does that I think you will find that it's normal behaviour.

#357 8 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Mine does that I think you will find that it's normal behaviour.

No, it's not. Yours is effed up too. A lock shot should NEVER destroy the castle.

#358 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

No, it's not. Yours is effed up too. A lock shot should NEVER destroy the castle.

Mine does it too. But if only if the gate is open (final shot) and it's the 1st castle.

No other castles but the first castle do this. At least on my machine.
I understood that it's normal.

#359 8 years ago

Mine does it as well. Anyone else?

#360 8 years ago
Quoted from Nveld:

Mine does it as well. Anyone else?

Mine does it, but only if you shoot into the lock quickly after opening the Castle gate. After some seconds it is mit possible any longer. I am not sure but I think that rulesheet is not limited to the First castle.

#361 8 years ago

Mine has done it. Rare, but it has happened. Definitely not an all the time thing. For what it's worth, i have seen it happen on the pinball arcade MM app on my ipad as well.

#362 8 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Mine does it too. But if only if the gate is open (final shot) and it's the 1st castle.
No other castles but the first castle do this. At least on my machine.
I understood that it's normal.

Happens to me too. I always wondered if that was normal, since no one complained about it.

#363 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Perhaps yours is effed up if it doesn't do it or you are a really poor shot?

While we are on the subject I find that about 1 in 20 castle lock shots doesn't register. I have checked the switch and it seems good so I'm guessing that the ball must bounce over it?
Same happens on my left inlane off the catapult wire form. I can't notice a bounce and I have tried adjustments, as it's quite infrequent I have given up for now.

#364 8 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

While we are on the subject I find that about 1 in 20 castle lock shots doesn't register. I have checked the switch and it seems good so I'm guessing that the ball must bounce over it?
Same happens on my left inlane off the catapult wire form. I can't notice a bounce and I have tried adjustments, as it's quite infrequent I have given up for now.

I have the same issue with the castle lock shot that does not Register, no idea why and not too important to investigate further.

Regarding the castle destroy by lock shot: as stated above: the ipad version on pinball arcade does the same: shooting the lock shortly after opening the gate destroys the castle. Therefore seems to be normal rulesheet and no error.

#365 8 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

I actually had this issue with the ball coming off the wire forms and bouncing over the F-I-R-E switches in the inlanes of my original MM. I took some thin clear plastic and made deflectors on both inlanes to make sure the ball doesn't bounce. If my memory serves me correctly, I just stuck these deflectors to the bottom of my slingshot plastic protectors. This worked like a charm, and I never had an issue with missing a F-I-R-E switch again, which is helpful for getting to the video mode.

#366 8 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Just trying to help...a shot to the lock shouldn't award a castle destruction just like hitting the damsel ramp shouldn't award a catapult shot. They are different shots. To get the destruct shot you need to trigger the castle entrance optos then the switch behind the lock shot shortly thereafter, so maybe your optos at the entrance to the castle are getting triggered? Maybe it's a software bug or feature I'm not aware of? Mine works as I'd expect. I get awarded a lock or light lock when I hit the lock shot on mine unless I'm in a multiball...then you can trick it sometimes.

#367 8 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

I have the same issue with the castle lock shot that does not Register, no idea why and not too important to investigate further.
Regarding the castle destroy by lock shot: as stated above: the ipad version on pinball arcade does the same: shooting the lock shortly after opening the gate destroys the castle. Therefore seems to be normal rulesheet and no error.

Ah, well there's your answer probably...hitting the gate triggers the entrance opto and then quickly hitting the lock tricks the game. I'd say that's more of a punishment than a benefit.

#368 8 years ago

As long as it plays like the i-pad version it must be normal. Never noticed it on my original MM though.

#369 8 years ago

Mine does this as well (hit a lock shot with gate open, destroys the castle). Up to this point I thought it was normal. Still not sure as it looks like it is happening to quite a few.

#370 8 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Mine does this as well (hit a lock shot with gate open, destroys the castle). Up to this point I thought it was normal. Still not sure as it looks like it is happening to quite a few.

I confirmed this tonight...hit the gate to OPEN it, then immediately hit the lock shot and you'll get credit for the castle destruction. It's kind of a detriment to me...I'd much rather have the lock.

#371 8 years ago

Serious question here. I've read about paint touchup kits, slingshot kits, and diffuser kits that probably cost pennies to make, but with all these issues listed here is that the extent of CGCs backing their product? Or have they sent anybody any replacement parts of substance?

#372 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Serious question here. I've read about paint touchup kits, slingshot kits, and diffuser kits that probably cost pennies to make, but with all these issues listed here is that the extent of CGCs backing their product? Or have they sent anybody any replacement parts of substance?

Lots of new boards and some displays have been sent out. No coin mechs have been sent to date

#373 8 years ago

Anyone having catapult issues? My ball is going in and not registering. Wires look fine and there's definitely contact with the switch. If I press it down with my finger it does register. But the balls weight isn't enough it seems.

#374 8 years ago
Quoted from miguelortega:

Anyone having catapult issues? My ball is going in and not registering. Wires look fine and there's definitely contact with the switch. If I press it down with my finger it does register. But the balls weight isn't enough it seems.

Adjust the switch by bending a little.

#375 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Chicago Coin is clearly indicating with their actions they will support mechanical issues with their product promptly when something legitimately dies. Software issues, eventually (or a little quicker if you find out where another customer has left the code that they were sent and you weren't for some reason they never explain). For cosmetic issues you can expect elaborate band-aids which surely will not haunt your machine forevermore in the resale market. But for that last one I don't think it's fair to expect replacement playfields and such as Stern is known to do because these machines were sold at a discount price to what they could have sold them for. When MMr was announced nice MM were going for 13k, Rick could have said "we are making brand new ones, the price is $13,001 for these babies!". And clearly he would have still sold all he could make. I have actually grown in my respect for Rick to be honest, when people line up with wads of money and make it clear they will accept anything to have one of his machines he is pretty much free to handle problems as cheaply as possible for him, and why shouldn't he?

There must be someone working for CGC that it is their full time job to engineer elaborate "fixes" for QA problems to avoid sending populated playfields instead. I say Bravo!

#376 8 years ago

download_(1)_(resized).jpgdownload_(1)_(resized).jpg

#377 7 years ago

I see that diffuser kits are being SOLD for $30. Are you f'ing kidding me??? They send out some inferior playfields, come up with a half-assed fix for it, then want you to pay for it??

If CGC is trying to dissuade me from ever buying another game from them, they're certainly succeeding.

#378 7 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I see that diffuser kits are being SOLD for $30. Are you f'ing kidding me??? They send out some inferior playfields, come up with a half-assed fix for it, then want you to pay for it??
If CGC is trying to dissuade me from ever buying another game from them, they're certainly succeeding.

That must be to the general public ... not to people that filled out an actual problem ticket...right?

#379 7 years ago

Guess that's what they'll say, but if you're one of the ones that got good ink, why would you need the diffuser?

#380 7 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Quoted from viper001:

There must be someone working for CGC that it is their full time job to engineer elaborate "fixes" for QA problems to avoid sending populated playfields instead.

In fairness the guy that is coming up with these great fixes doesn't work for free. Now we just need to come up with a catchy title for his position...

#381 7 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

That must be to the general public ... not to people that filled out an actual problem ticket...right?

I submitted a ticket about 2 weeks ago. The reply I got was "talk to your distributor" - so I did. Katie at JJP had no clue. Then they updated the ticket with "These are now available at PPS" .. so, yeah, it seems they expect you to just buy it.

#382 7 years ago

If they're charging $30 for a flimsy piece of plastic, I guess I should get ready for the nut punch for colorization.

#383 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I submitted a ticket about 2 weeks ago. The reply I got was "talk to your distributor" - so I did. Katie at JJP had no clue. Then they updated the ticket with "These are now available at PPS" .. so, yeah, it seems they expect you to just buy it.

If this is accurate, I hope they never sell another machine.

Complete buffoons.

#384 7 years ago

I would talk to your distributor again. I recently received some kits for my customers if needed. Not everyone needs this. And they are free to those that need them.

[email protected]

#385 7 years ago
Quoted from flipnout1:

I would talk to your distributor again. I recently received some kits for my customers if needed. Not everyone needs this. And they are free to those that need them.
[email protected]

Will do. Thanks for the info.

#386 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Will do. Thanks for the info.

Update - Katie says they're being told to send everybody to PPS. Quote: "they asked me to refer everyone to Rick at Planetary"

I replied to the ticket that said I should buy them mentioning that I thought affected customers were getting the 'fix' for free and Doug replied with a request for glass off/game off pictures to determine if I'd qualify or not. Because transparent black is SO obvious when there is no light behind it, right? How terrible must some peoples playfields have been that they look crappy with the lights OFF? Yeesh.

#387 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Update - Katie says they're being told to send everybody to PPS. Quote: "they asked me to refer everyone to Rick at Planetary"
I replied to the ticket that said I should buy them mentioning that I thought affected customers were getting the 'fix' for free and Doug replied with a request for glass off/game off pictures to determine if I'd qualify or not. Because transparent black is SO obvious when there is no light behind it, right? How terrible must some peoples playfields have been that they look crappy with the lights OFF? Yeesh.

If I were CGC I'd hand out the diffuser kit to anyone with a registered game that asks. Why ask for "proof" at that point??

Edit: By the way, the diffuser does nothing to fix transparency. It does get rid of the hotspots and makes it legible though.

#388 7 years ago

Yeah - I know it doesn't do anything about the transparency - but if it makes things look 'better' it seems worthwhile. I'm sure mine are "good enough" (even though they look terrible compared to Metallik's original MM playfield pictures) so I'm apparently boned into spending $30 + shipping if I want to even out the light to try to improve how they look. yay!

#389 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Yeah - I know it doesn't do anything about the transparency - but if it makes things look 'better' it seems worthwhile. I'm sure mine are "good enough" (even though they look terrible compared to Metallik's original MM playfield pictures) so I'm apparently boned into spending $30 + shipping if I want to even out the light to try to improve how they look. yay!

Are people actually going to give these guys another 8K for their next game?

#390 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Are people actually going to give these guys another 8K for their next game?

Just a guess, but I bet they will reveal the next game at Pin a go-go and I bet people will sign up for it.
The price based on the remake will make or break the next wave of buyers.
$8,000.00+ for a AFMR, I think many will be out but if the price is $6,000.00+ I think many would be in.
On Pin a go-go's website they make it sound like they could reveal more than one pin??
We'll see stay tuned...

#391 7 years ago

This is just CGC trying to make Rick look like a PR master by comparison. Unbelievable!

#392 7 years ago

Well it is nice to see how a company handles a little adversity. If I had received one of the "good" ones with no issues I'd be delighted. If I had just spent 8k on one that was NOT as nice as the earlier ones and had issues I'd be permanently irritated. And I don't need to spend 8k to feel that way. I can do it for free.

I guess they figure the next batch of customers won't even know about this and that it was a small group of people affected in the end.
They may be right but I certainly wouldn't want to gamble with a purchase at these stakes.

#393 7 years ago

Rick stated on the PPS forum that if you feel that your game has an issue then you work with CGC (submit a ticket, call them, email them) and if they agree then they will work something out with you under warranty.

#394 7 years ago

I am going to pass on any $8000 remakes but may pony up the $30 so I can get a diffuser sheet as a wall hanger.

#395 7 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

Rick stated on the PPS forum that if you feel that your game has an issue then you work with CGC (submit a ticket, call them, email them) and if they agree then they will work something out with you under warranty.

Are there now degrees of sh*ttiness with respect to the print quality of the inserts?

"Yes, the print quality of your inserts is not perfect, but we've seen worse. Therefore, you do not qualify for the free diffuser."

#396 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Are there now degrees of sh*ttiness with respect to the print quality of the inserts?
"Yes, the print quality of your inserts is not perfect, but we've seen worse. Therefore, you do not qualify for the free diffuser."

Yeah, apparently there's an acceptable degree of thin that doesn't qualify as bad enough. "Within specifications" .. for see through tops that starlets wear in front of paparazzi.

#397 7 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

Yeah and that seems to be a piece of smoky plastic. If I paid eight thousand dollars I would want AT LEAST the same quality as the other buyers had been getting. If my inserts were noticeably faded I'd only accept a fully populated PF swap. And as the customer I really shouldn't even have to spend the time doing the swap. I earned the cash to send them...that would be MY part of the deal.

I like to keep things simple. And the idea of begging them to simply give me what others have already received turns me off...terribly.

You may be delighted with the plastic sheet response - I would not be.

#398 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Not too sure what their criteria is for deciding if one is warranted or not. In my opinion every dissatisfied customer that wants one for their MMR should get one no questions asked but then again I'm not them. Did you file a ticket for a diffuser for your MMR? What did they tell you? Are they sending you a diffuser? How is the ink on your MMR? Can you post your pics here for comparison?

#399 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I am going to pass on any $8000 remakes but may pony up the $30 so I can get a diffuser sheet as a wall hanger.

Maybe CGC saw your earlier post on this and is just responding to market conditions by offering them for sale ...

#400 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

It is kind of interesting how they have spun the diffuser to now be viewed as an upgrade to existing machines. They are actually generating demand for something that was created as a band-aid to quiet people that received a defective product. I swear, Rick and company could be the greatest businessmen I have ever witnessed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 64.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bettendorf, IA
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 650 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-nib-repair-kit/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.