20201020_165713 (resized).jpg
IMG_3263 (resized).jpg
a2c33644c3e880ab6e8e8947c191554916c72508 (resized).jpg
97a50f74d34c0859106740b5bd7f7df496ab54d2 (resized).jpg
Ring3 (resized).jpg
Ring2 (resized).jpg
Ring1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200728_114039299 (resized).jpg
There are 175 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 6 years ago

Replacing the rubber rings on my MMr, thinking about a color change to purple urethane rings and purple star posts in the lower playfield, red rings and red star posts in upper playfield. Here is a picture with one sling done......thoughts??

IMG_4479 (resized).JPGIMG_4479 (resized).JPG

#102 6 years ago

I like it.

#103 6 years ago

I'm not sure this is really a "mod", but I highly recommend you check/swap out your flipper plungers! I was talking to someone who said "MMr plays like crap, but AFMr plays great" ...I asked why there would be a difference. He told me that CGC accidentally used flipper plungers on some MMRs that were too long...which results in the flipper not flipping as high, which results in weaker/different play. I did notice some weak play when I got mine, but I cranked the flipper strength up to +4 to compensate and never gave it a second thought. Still, I was curious about his claim -so I got some new plungers...and sure enough, when I took my old ones out...they were longer!!! After putting in the new ones, I was able to dial the strength back down to +1 and it plays great!

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm not sure this is really a "mod", but I highly recommend you check/swap out your flipper plungers! I was talking to someone who said "MMr plays like crap, but AFMr plays great" ...I asked why there would be a difference. He told me that CGC accidentally used flipper plungers on some MMRs that were too long...which results in the flipper not flipping as high, which results in weaker/different play. I did notice some weak play when I got mine, but I cranked the flipper strength up to +4 to compensate and never gave it a second thought. Still, I was curious about his claim -so I got some new plungers...and sure enough, when I took my old ones out...they were longer!!! After putting in the new ones, I was able to dial the strength back down to +1 and it plays great!

What was the part number on the replacement flipper plungers you got??

#105 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

What was the part number on the replacement flipper plungers you got??

Standard modern B/W ones:

#A-15848-L
#A-15848-R

Apparently CGC had some PPS plungers that were longer but had the same part number, and that's how they got in the game.

I don't know how many games got the longer plungeres. Mine is LE #120, got it in 2015 ...it's possible later run games have the right part...but now it makes sense when I hear some people have played the game and don't think it feels like the original - they had the wrong plunger! With the right plunger, they feel exactly how they should.

#106 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What's your game number, and any idea what # range this applies to?

#107 6 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

What's your game number, and any idea what # range this applies to?

Look up.

#108 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Still, I was curious about his claim -so I got some new plungers...and sure enough, when I took my old ones out...they were longer!!!

Quoted from Rarehero:

Apparently CGC had some PPS plungers that were longer but had the same part number, and that's how they got in the game.

Thanks for the rundown on this. Since they had the same part number, can you tell us how long the "wrong" plungers were? That way we could check our current plungers before actually ordering (and maybe ending up with the same plungers). Thanks!

#109 6 years ago
Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

Thanks for the rundown on this. Since they had the same part number, can you tell us how long the "wrong" plungers were? That way we could check our current plungers before actually ordering (and maybe ending up with the same plungers). Thanks!

I wish I had done a side by side before installing, but here are the longer ones. They're just about 2 6/16. The right ones are just a hair shorter. Maybe 5/16 or 4/16. It's minuscule, but enough to affect the distance the flipper travels.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#111 6 years ago

here are some of my mods

"Coat of arms - Speakergrill"
and
EL-paper logo

IMG_7562 (resized).JPGIMG_7562 (resized).JPG

IMG_7572 (resized).JPGIMG_7572 (resized).JPG

#112 6 years ago

How are you getting the power cable to the el paper.?

#113 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

How are you getting the power cable to the el paper.?

i cutted the complete area with a DREMEL only let 2-3 mm outside to fix the LOGO

#114 6 years ago

I added post lights - i didnt want the lights to effect the line of sight of the ball on the playfield, so they are installed/floating on the bowman's plastic - its a very cool effect and lights up the centre of the playing field nicely.

I also swapped out all the warm leds for comet's sunlight leds: http://www.cometpinball.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=sunlight. These really make the playfield colors pop, Id recommend it to everyone.

IMG_2969 (resized).JPGIMG_2969 (resized).JPG

#115 6 years ago

Here is my custom topper - The head lighting is tied into the GI lighting, least expensive topper i made as of yet and fitting the the top pin...

IMG_2966 (resized).JPGIMG_2966 (resized).JPG

#116 6 years ago

here is my topper

IMG_7568 (resized).JPGIMG_7568 (resized).JPG

#117 6 years ago

Anyone do a coindoor decal here. I've got Toms speaker inserts coming. Just fitted Joes topper and a heap of protectors from Mantis and Cliffy. Coin door just doesn't look right without one. Magnet would be ok as well have one of those on GoTLE. I know Joey does one but his shipping is a killer to Australia.

1 week later
#118 6 years ago

Hmm.....Red or Stainless???

BTW: The crest on the translite doesn't match the crest on the castle.......

IMG_0731 (resized).JPGIMG_0731 (resized).JPG

IMG_0730 (resized).JPGIMG_0730 (resized).JPG

#119 6 years ago

Here's some pics of black mirror blades installed.

Looking for the WILLIAMS plate if anyone has

IMG_2445 (resized).JPGIMG_2445 (resized).JPG

IMG_2447 (resized).JPGIMG_2447 (resized).JPG

IMG_2446 (resized).JPGIMG_2446 (resized).JPG

#120 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Here's some pics of black mirror blades installed.
Looking for the WILLIAMS plate if anyone has

I'd also like one of those Williams plates..

#121 6 years ago

I light up my Castle

#122 6 years ago

I've only has my MMR for a few days, but I am interested in losing the green lights on the castle when it blows up. I'm not crazy about the red and green. Doesn't seem totally right IMO unless it's December.

On a quick look it appears the green is lights shining through the green plastic moat. Does anyone make a red one or different colors? I was hoping this was as simple as changing a few LEDs.

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Hmm.....Red or Stainless???
BTW: The crest on the translite doesn't match the crest on the castle.......

Red looks better IMO. Both look good though.

#124 6 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

I've only has my MMR for a few days, but I am interested in losing the green lights on the castle when it blows up. I'm not crazy about the red and green. Doesn't seem totally right IMO unless it's December.
On a quick look it appears the green is lights shining through the green plastic moat. Does anyone make a red one or different colors? I was hoping this was as simple as changing a few LEDs.

You know, I've thought the same thing....but the green comes from the color of the moat/subway. Maybe a potential mod kit for PPS to run it in different colors??

2 weeks later
#125 6 years ago

So fitted a few more mods this last week. Awesome undercab lighting kit as always from Chris Rock914
I have his kits on all my games and just love them. Great mod.

2017-06-22 16.18.19 (resized).jpg2017-06-22 16.18.19 (resized).jpg

kapsreiter cool speaker inserts. Had to buy 3 sets as my mates wanted them too

And finally found a coin door decal from topnotch decal on ebay and printed some coin inserts just to finish it off from Rebel

2017-06-22 15.43.12 (resized).jpg2017-06-22 15.43.12 (resized).jpg

#126 6 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

I light up my Castle

How did you do this? I really like it and would like to do it to mine. sirlonzelot

#127 6 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

How did you do this? I really like it and would like to do it to mine. sirlonzelot

i cut all windows of the castle with a sharp knife. then i put in 12V comet orange leds. its easy to do. take 3-4 hours of work

greetings

#128 6 years ago

Before and after pics of the Rock Custom Pinball led strip mod. It is actually a light purple but the picture looks blue.

#129 6 years ago

Hey thanks guys, happy you like the mods. I am almost finished with AFMR if anyone is interested.

#130 6 years ago

Just installed some GameBlades on my MMr.......why did I wait so long!!

IMG_5060 (resized).JPGIMG_5060 (resized).JPG

#131 6 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

I light up my Castle
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

Wicked cool mod. I must to this to my MMr. I think I might try and flash the lights on and off when the castle is blowing up. I think that would look pretty cool too.

1 month later
#132 6 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

Wicked cool mod. I must to this to my MMr. I think I might try and flash the lights on and off when the castle is blowing up. I think that would look pretty cool too.

Inspired by sirlonzelot and modfather , I painted my castle and added some LEDs to the castle windows. For the leds, I used yellow and red 12v 5050 strip leds. Using a magnetic reed switch, I am able to switch off the yellow leds and turn on the red when the castle is being destroyed (for a subtle animated effect).

Painting the castle is a PIA, I only did it for the practice. Much easier to send it out to modfather if you are thinking about doing it, and I highly recommend it.
Here's a quick vid:

Thanks for sharing your mod ideas guys...

#133 6 years ago

Well done

2 months later
#134 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I wish I had done a side by side before installing, but here are the longer ones. They're just about 2 6/16. The right ones are just a hair shorter. Maybe 5/16 or 4/16. It's minuscule, but enough to affect the distance the flipper travels.

Thanks for that post I finally got around to measuring mine, I had previously thought they seemed ok, they are quite low when raised compared to my other games but I assumed that was correct as per original specs. Someone questioned my flipper action lately so I decided to check to make sure.
My game is LE 464 of 1000 so it's later in the run making it much less likely to have the longer ones.
I measured mine as 2 5/16 (not counting the bevel) so now I'm confident they are correct

20171121_161432[1] (resized).jpg20171121_161432[1] (resized).jpg

#135 6 years ago

Pinstadium Lighting on a Medieval Madness.

Looks Awesome!!!

4 months later
#136 6 years ago

Anyone putting together plug and play LED eyes in the trolls that I could purchase. I'm over it. Must have over heated first led when soldering - didn't work upon testing. Then round 2 failed once I broke the prong off of the LED...FML. ☹️

#137 6 years ago

speaker grills !

1e57727ad4a3c14a807d4833362e16becef811f3 (resized).jpg1e57727ad4a3c14a807d4833362e16becef811f3 (resized).jpg

#138 6 years ago

I started a poll for best blades to install on MM/MMr, thought this might be a good group to ask!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medieval-madness-poll-which-blade-would-you-install

5 months later
#139 5 years ago

In the past I have seen a knight on a horse jousting. It was mounted on the ramp opposite of the dragon. Looked fantastic. I've searched with no luck. Anyone have an idea as to where I might be able to buy one like that? Thanks

#140 5 years ago
Quoted from scramboy11:

In the past I have seen a knight on a horse jousting. It was mounted on the ramp opposite of the dragon. Looked fantastic. I've searched with no luck. Anyone have an idea as to where I might be able to buy one like that? Thanks

FRom me, i havent put it on my website yet

4 months later
#141 5 years ago

Does anyone know of way to hook up any LED mods to the non-GI lights?

I was looking to make a custom merlin and I wanted to use an RGB led that would be triggered off of the troll, extra ball, and merlin lights. But with the circuit board there instead of traditional lamps, I'm not sure if this is possible.

2 months later
#142 5 years ago

Castle lit up.
Might do the other towers and the skull eyes. But not sure yet.

1 month later
#143 4 years ago

Has anyone installed pinstadium into their MMR. If so - which (stadium, orion, fusion). What are the results for integration with flashers etc - is it worth the investment on this pin.

#144 4 years ago
Quoted from Hobbypinball:

Has anyone installed pinstadium into their MMR. If so - which (stadium, orion, fusion). What are the results for integration with flashers etc - is it worth the investment on this pin.

Best to view the PS thread. There are hundreds of pics based on your request.

#145 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Best to view the PS thread. There are hundreds of pics based on your request.

I don’t want pics. I want feedback from those that have installed in their mmr. That thread was started by pinstadium themselves.

#146 4 years ago
Quoted from Hobbypinball:

I don’t want pics. I want feedback from those that have installed in their mmr. That thread was started by pinstadium themselves.

Was just trying to help. As dozens Have installed them on MMr and posted comments And pics I assumed that might be a good place to see your answer.

#147 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Was just trying to help. As dozens Have installed them on MMr and posted comments And pics I assumed that might be a good place to see your answer.

I ordered a set..........will see how it goes.

10 months later
#148 4 years ago

Please help, Recently bought NIB MMrSE. Bought a bunch of mods and upon attempting to install them, the new MMr's, SE/RE don't look anything like the previous MMr under the hood. There aren't the traditional GI socket lugs to connect alligator clips to. I am a novice, not good at soldering so I have no clue how to hook these things up. I have reached out to the folks I bought them from and only Lermods actually provided me with a solution. I have a Troll mod that stands over the ball lock lane who's eyes light up. The instructions say to connect to the flasher lights on the back box but the new back boxes have different connectors. Also have Merlin scoop light with alligator clips and supposed to connect to GI, nowhere to connect alligator clips on the new models. Also bought Powerblades, supposed to hook into the power supply box, came with instructions on how to connect to a Stern(go figure), waiting to hear from them to get correct instructions.

I have the worst luck attempting to work on my pins so any advice(explained like I am a noob, because I am) is greatly appreciated. Help a brother out please!!!!

#149 4 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

Please help, Recently bought NIB MMrSE. Bought a bunch of mods and upon attempting to install them, the new MMr's, SE/RE don't look anything like the previous MMr under the hood. There aren't the traditional GI socket lugs to connect alligator clips to. I am a novice, not good at soldering so I have no clue how to hook these things up. I have reached out to the folks I bought them from and only Lermods actually provided me with a solution. I have a Troll mod that stands over the ball lock lane who's eyes light up. The instructions say to connect to the flasher lights on the back box but the new back boxes have different connectors. Also have Merlin scoop light with alligator clips and supposed to connect to GI, nowhere to connect alligator clips on the new models. Also bought Powerblades, supposed to hook into the power supply box, came with instructions on how to connect to a Stern(go figure), waiting to hear from them to get correct instructions.
I have the worst luck attempting to work on my pins so any advice(explained like I am a noob, because I am) is greatly appreciated. Help a brother out please!!!!

I do not like messing with other modmakers mods, but I want to help you. Ill pm you with some thoughts.

3 months later
#150 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Just installed my Dredd (UK) Troll led mods. Really like how these look and the install was literally 5 minutes. You can buy these on Ebay.
[quoted image]

Anyone have these installed on an SE/RE? I assume they hook up to GI and not sure if the RGB GI on the new machines will work.

755ad02653bac50b26f26b0b275c03fc8ab9de36 (resized).jpg755ad02653bac50b26f26b0b275c03fc8ab9de36 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 64.99
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
There are 175 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-mods-post-them-here/page/3?hl=reflex33 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.