• Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMGP0713_(resized).JPG
IMGP0723_(resized).JPG
#1 8 years ago

Anyone do any MMR mods yet? I figure most would be applicable from MM but not sure with the new cpu and led system.

Im starting small with some spots to light up some dark areas, then maybe dragon eyes, etc.

#2 8 years ago

Have a cool lighted Merlin, red or blue. Perfect fit.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/29506

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Have a cool lighted Merlin, red or blue. Perfect fit.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/29506

Was looking at that. One of the better mods I have seen. Well done.

#5 8 years ago

Only thing I've done is mirror blades.

#6 8 years ago

How do like those? Does it make a big difference?

I thought with a remake and better sampling sound quality it would sound good out of the box. But maybe they cut costs and put in standard speakers.

I may get some new ones if they make a big difference.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from Slate:

But maybe they cut costs and put in standard speakers.

That's exactly what they did. Cheap midrange, no tweeters. Upgraded panel speakers make a huge difference. Read more here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-update-the-speakers-on-their-mmr

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from Slate:

How do like those? Does it make a big difference?
I thought with a remake and better sampling sound quality it would sound good out of the box. But maybe they cut costs and put in standard speakers.
I may get some new ones if they make a big difference.

I would compare the sound quality to the original after the upgrade, and yes it makes a huge difference to upgrade. It seems the speakers they used on the remake are very flat, and need an upgrade even more than the original.

Never hurts to give a kit a try, I know you will be pleased

Greg
Pinballpro.com

#9 8 years ago

Actually Ordered a set from PinBall Pro yesterday despite buying some from Amazon. Figured the volume adjustment on the bass is worth it.

Also made my own troll eyes. Had some 3mm leds 12 volt fit perfect. Cheapest mod I eve did.

#10 8 years ago

Anyone have the troll led eye mod? I made some with 3mm leds 12volt ones for easy hookup.
Question is those who have done them are they always on? I was trying to figure out how to hook them up to when the troll pops up since the led shines under the inserts when they are down. I ended up putting some tape to mask the LED bleed when down.

#11 8 years ago

We have MM/R mods on our site.. shop.laseriffic.com

#12 8 years ago

The kits for troll eyes include a diode and resistor so the LEDs can be connected to the 50v coil. Coil energized, eyes lit. I don't recall total resistance but can measure later. Also wattage of resistor is important so that the resistor and LEDs don't fry.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from PinScott:

The kits for troll eyes include a diode and resistor so the LEDs can be connected to the 50v coil. Coil energized, eyes lit. I don't recall total resistance but can measure later. Also wattage of resistor is important so that the resistor and LEDs don't fry.

Awesome, thanks for the tip. Now I have a direction to look into it.

Thanks

#14 8 years ago

For you speaker afficiondos....

I've got a set of unopened Flipper Fidelity speakers....would I be able to install these into my MMR or do you need some special kind of connector??

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

For you speaker afficiondos....
I've got a set of unopened Flipper Fidelity speakers....would I be able to install these into my MMR or do you need some special kind of connector??

I think FF is working on a speaker kit right now for MMr

#16 8 years ago

Catapult on the peasant ramp and spots for better lights at the center. Also added warm white strip for the apron and green strip for the castle river. Not shown on these pictures (green and warm white). I'll get new ones if you wanna see more

IMGP0723_(resized).JPGIMGP0723_(resized).JPG

IMGP0713_(resized).JPGIMGP0713_(resized).JPG

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from Slate:

Awesome, thanks for the tip. Now I have a direction to look into it.
Thanks

A little more detail: The red wire from the LEDs will connect to the orange (right post) on the 50v coil. The black wire to the blue (left post). Coming from the orange post is a 50v diode followed by the resistors. All resistors are 2 watt I believe. LED.Linear1.org indicates a 1 watt minimum. I found the resistors at a local electronics store (Radio Shack did not carry the correct wattage). I'm sure you could find the same through Mouser.

The total resistance for the left troll is 4400 ohms, the right troll is 2290 ohms. The difference is due to the left troll having green LED eyes and the right having yellow. I found the brightness varied as well as the angle of the LEDs.

Bottom line: adjust the resistance to your liking. I strongly recommend you test using a spare set of LEDs.

I did the same thing to install a red LED for the Damsel tower.

Good luck!

#18 8 years ago

I have the two headed dragon, 2 kneeling archers, Merlin, lighted troll heads, troll figure, mirror blades, topper, flipper swords maybe a few others

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from PinScott:

A little more detail: The red wire from the LEDs will connect to the orange (right post) on the 50v coil. The black wire to the blue (left post). Coming from the orange post is a 50v diode followed by the resistors. All resistors are 2 watt I believe. LED.Linear1.org indicates a 1 watt minimum. I found the resistors at a local electronics store (Radio Shack did not carry the correct wattage). I'm sure you could find the same through Mouser.
The total resistance for the left troll is 4400 ohms, the right troll is 2290 ohms. The difference is due to the left troll having green LED eyes and the right having yellow. I found the brightness varied as well as the angle of the LEDs.
Bottom line: adjust the resistance to your liking. I strongly recommend you test using a spare set of LEDs.
Good luck!

Awesome! Exactly the detail I needed. Was looking on Electronic Forums for 50 v to 12 v with zener diodes and limited luck.
I ordered some diodes and 3 watt resistors so will be soldering in a few days.

Thanks!

1 month later
#20 8 years ago

Anyone tie in a 12v lightstrip above the back panel? I'm wondering how a blacklight led strip would look lighting up the Lightning when the flashers flash but not sure where to tie into

#21 8 years ago

I have the Topper and apron for sale.

#22 8 years ago

topper?

Which one?

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I have the Topper and apron for sale.

Why are you selling?

#25 8 years ago

tonight I wired a blue led strip above the back panel and tied it into the flasher it makes the Lightning effect way better

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackstorm:

Why are you selling

If I even ever get MMr I won't keep it anyway.
Pretty much getting out of pinball.

#27 8 years ago

Last night I made my own color changing merlin mod for MMR I used a $9 Merlin figure from eBay, a crystal ball from LOTR, and a disassembled 555 color change led it looks awesome. Here is a video of it and some of the other mods I have on my MMR

5 months later
#28 7 years ago

any idea if there is a way to tie into merlins magic?
without having to solder on the main board.

#29 7 years ago

Anybody know where to buy the 2 archers to make my own mod ?

#30 7 years ago

https://www.amazon.com/Schleich-70006-Lion-Archer/dp/B0002HZSW6/ref=sr_1_44

amazon or ebay seem like a place a lot of people got theirs.

I bought an ogre figure from ebay, one that was already done. For the money I paid I would of expected a lot better. This was before I knew you could buy the figurine off amazon for 8 bucks. trashed the old one and redid it.

4 months later
#31 7 years ago

Which LED types are installed in MMR ?

want to order some for mods.

Whats the voltage of the GI ? 6 V DC ? 6 V AC?

i think it should not be a problem to connect 2.3 more leds to the gI or?

thx

9 months later
#32 6 years ago
Quoted from PinScott:

Good luck!

I bought 2 Trolls with led eyes on BAA for my MMR and they arrived today with no included instructions. I cut a helpdesk ticket on BAA and they (Lloyd) pointed me to this thread and I connected them per above Red to Orange and Black to Blue. When I played the game when the troll heads popped up they eyes glowed for about 2 seconds before the eyes went off and a puff of magic smoke came up from each troll.

Beyond the obvious statement of this sucks, any ideas of what happened and why this didn't work? Any ideas who made this mod for BAA? Thinking I should contact them directly.

TIA!

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from bwrightmcse:

any ideas of what happened and why this didn't work?

Any one else have this problem ? Cause, beyond too high voltage ?

LTG : )

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from bwrightmcse:

I bought 2 Trolls with led eyes on BAA for my MMR and they arrived today with no included instructions. I cut a helpdesk ticket on BAA and they (Lloyd) pointed me to this thread and I connected them per above Red to Orange and Black to Blue. When I played the game when the troll heads popped up they eyes glowed for about 2 seconds before the eyes went off and a puff of magic smoke came up from each troll.
Beyond the obvious statement of this sucks, any ideas of what happened and why this didn't work? Any ideas who made this mod for BAA? Thinking I should contact them directly.
TIA!

Just asking... You didn't actually read that post literally and hook the LED lights to the 50V circuit did you?? I believe that would be your problem.

#35 6 years ago

Coil 1, LED 0

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from bwrightmcse:

I connected them per above Red to Orange and Black to Blue.

Did you install the resistors per post #17 in this thread ?

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Did you install the resistors per post #17 in this thread ?

Hi Lloyd the resisters were inline (pre-installed) with a plug and play pigtail that end in red and black with a couple small zip ties.

see picture in link below. The only difference is this version had red led eyes vs yellow.

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=AD-MM2R

Hope this helps.

If anyone knows who makes these for BAA, PLMK. TIA!

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from bwrightmcse:

Hi Lloyd the resisters were inline (pre-installed)

Judging by the size in the picture, the resistors were no where near 1 or 2 watt.

Crap.

#39 6 years ago

Sorry I can't help much as that kit looks different than the one I had but here is a link to all the instructions and wiring of what Looks like the same setup. Good luck and don't let your trolls smoke anymore! It's bad for them!!

http://www.pinwize.com/medieval_madness_troll_install.php

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 45.00
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-mods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.