(Topic ID: 326927)

MMR left Troll switch bad

By EightiesArcade

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kozmckpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 1 year ago

Improper switch gap? The one thing I've had on my MMR regarding the troll is that the margin of plastic on the back bottom from the bottom screw hole to the bottom edge of the troll is thin and can break (mine did) and the troll doesn't work properly (not positioned properly anymore for switch registers) unless the troll head is replaced.

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from EightiesArcade:

So to clarify. The up switch is adjusted properly. The troll will work in game, but only for a while after I manually activate the switch. But the biggest issue is this dot won’t go away. In switch test, I push the solenoid up, and confirm it works. I do this over and over, and it works. This by itself should clear the credit dot.

Question is more for my own edification than anything else. Does re-installing the software clear a credit dot like that?

#17 1 year ago
    Quoted from EightiesArcade:

That seems to have solved the issue. I just recently replaced a shorted transistor on one of the solenoid boards which plugs into the main board. It definitely needs to be really tightened in, and the screws provided seem close to going through the playfield. The Attack from Mars remake has the solenoid board in the back box, which seems to make more sense for heavy play.

Were you able to clear the credit dot?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kozmckpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-left-troll-switch-bad?tu=kozmckpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.