(Topic ID: 91892)

MMR LE Trim colors Gold,Black or stainless???

By Hondanut

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by pezpunk
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Gold,black,stainless”

• Gold 34 votes
    30%
  • Shiny Black 55 votes
    48%
  • Stainless 26 votes
    23%

(115 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

mmr_16.JPG
mmr_19.JPG
20140607_121933.jpg
20140607_121837.jpg

#1 5 years ago

Just wondering what colors people are going with I saw the gold in person and actually liked it,but I might go wit the shiny back now? Cant make up my mind on this.

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from Hondanut:

I might go wit the shiny back now?

me too!

#3 5 years ago

I really wanted gold...but after seeing some people post their black...damn black looks good. We will have to see what the final colors pps comes out with.

#4 5 years ago

ummmmm We haven't seen the final black yet, have we?

#6 5 years ago

I might just go chrome to because it will match all my other A-list WPC 95 games.

#7 5 years ago

Go with the hot pink trim

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

ummmmm We haven't seen the final black yet, have we?

Not the final, that I am aware of.....

#9 5 years ago

Ideally, shiny black if done properly. I'd take whatever gold variation they have if shiny black fails. This is so subjective a decision without seeing the colors in person.

#10 5 years ago

Anything is better than gold. I have yet to see a gold trim game that hasn't made me shudder.

#11 5 years ago

I'm going with the right rail shiny black, lock down bar gold, and left rail stainless.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from cardfelon:

Go with the hot pink trim

I get plenty of pink trim!

2 weeks later
#13 5 years ago

We have the 3 different MMR black trim options in our booth at the NW Pinball Show this weekend. For those attending the show stop by and let is know which ones you like.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from TwistedPins:

We have the 3 different MMR black trim options in our booth at the NW Pinball Show this weekend. For those attending the show stop by and let is know which ones you like.

could you post some detail pics of the trim? thanks.

#15 5 years ago

Third quarter is fast approaching. I'd love to hear more recent reviews (+ pics, of course) from people who have actually seen the updated trim options.

#16 5 years ago

Shiny black.

#17 5 years ago

I took a few pictures of the new trim colors

The one of the right is 'stern black', which was not that nice, the one next to it is shiny black and that's nice

The one on the left, looks more like dark steel gray than black, looked really great and as a standalone color was the best. I took that and the gold one next to MM on the floor, and although the steel gray was really nice in my opinion it didn't fully fit the colors of MM. Gold still looked good, shiny black too but to me it's plain and I'd prefer something a little bit more unique in LE

I spoke with the twisted pins guys and they promised to post some proper pictures in better lighting, the room was a little bit dark so it's hard to get the best out of the colors

The twisted pins guys told me that the 'steel gray' got the best feedback, shiny black got a lot of good feedback too

-K

20140607_121837.jpg 20140607_121933.jpg
#18 5 years ago

Thanks for the pic! Unfortunately, it's hard to judge those colors from photos, especially without much surrounding context. The steel grey just looks like polished metal here, but I'm sure it looks different in person.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Thanks for the pic! Unfortunately, it's hard to judge those colors from photos, especially without much surrounding context. The steel grey just looks like polished metal here, but I'm sure it looks different in person.

I agree, hopefully twisted pins will upload their pics soon.

There's a lot of black, yellow and gold in the MM, and that's why the steel gray looked to me a little out of place next to the machine. As a standalone it looked really really nice, smooth and unique

#20 5 years ago

Would love to see the steel gray and shiny black on an MM sitting next to each other.

#21 5 years ago

pics must not do to much justice, they "gold" looks yellow.

#22 5 years ago

Is it chrome or stainless steel? If actual chrome, that's the no brainer for me.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Is it chrome or stainless steel? If actual chrome, that's the no brainer for me.

I think neither, it was painted like the shiny black

#24 5 years ago

So all treatments are some sort of paint job? Might stick with SS.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

pics must not do to much justice, they "gold" looks yellow.

that's exactly what I thought, but gold for the win

3 weeks later
#26 5 years ago

shiny black for me.

mmr_19.JPG

mmr_16.JPG

#27 5 years ago

Shiny black!

#28 5 years ago

Shrek green to match the trolls! I'm joking of course, but I've seen worse.

Classic stainless for me. Black nickel if I had more time & money than sense. I'm not sold on the shiny black powder just yet, but anything's better than mustard "gold."

#29 5 years ago

I've just been given 24 hours to decide by our distro. Still can't decide but when I told them I was thinking about black he was surprised that any one would want that!

#30 5 years ago

I'm going Chrome/Stainless like my CV and ToM, Gold is not what I expected when I first went with that in Chicago and to many variables in Black.

Joe(acejedi)

#31 5 years ago

how easy will it be to remove side rails without damaging cabinet

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from peaceboy666:

how easy will it be to remove side rails without damaging cabinet

they are stuck on with double sided tape etc...so I hear a pita.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

they are stuck on with double sided tape etc...so I hear a pita.

not really. the decals on the cab stop short of the tape, so you won't damage the art.

#34 5 years ago

also please use this thread: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-color-choice-poll

instead of this one, which was started by a banned troll.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from mark9:

I've just been given 24 hours to decide by our distro. Still can't decide but when I told them I was thinking about black he was surprised that any one would want that!

Maybe it's a European thing - in the German/European forum there's the same poll and the results are the exact opposite of the ones here on Pinside.

I like black trims a lot, but i think they do not fit MM at all. Gold is not my thing, so i'd keep it real and chose stainless.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/MMRTrimX3.jpg

#36 5 years ago

Well, contacted my distro later in the day to find out what the responses were to the trim request,and to his surprise black was the mot popular option!

#37 5 years ago

I ordered the stainless , but that black trim looks really good.I may change it.

#38 5 years ago

I think black looks great, like a sleeper, blacked out car. But the gold makes it pop and stands out like it should... I'm leaning gold now....I want the game to stick out in my game room....like the loud mouth game it is

#39 5 years ago

Sent my payment today.

I went black.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 87.00
$ 50.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside