Topic Stats

• 49 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by lukex
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20170509_081146 (resized).jpg
20170509_081235 (resized).jpg
20170509_081227 (resized).jpg
IMG_0115 (resized).JPG
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0114 (resized).JPG
IMG_0113 (resized).JPG

#1 2 years ago

Hi,

I received my brand new MMR LE black this morning. I am pissed off !

There are damages on the coin door and it is rusty, it must be replaced.
The wood is broken at the bottom of the backbox.
When I removed the glass and tried to lift the playfield, this one did not move. The cause was the left cylinder pivot attached to the cabinet and which supports the playfield. This one was not fastened and had gone loose in the box.
Full of dust inside.

It was already a nightmare before I get this machine at home, but so much money for this.... At least I will ask for the door replacement.

Apologies for this negative mood but I wanted to share it

IMG_0113 (resized).JPG
IMG_0114 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0112 (resized).JPG

#2 2 years ago

That's disheartening. Is this NIB? The problem with buying machines that have sat around in a warehouse for so long. NIB LE must have sat around since last summer I would guess.

#3 2 years ago

Yes it is number 19. But I find it unbelievable that no quality check is made. And it is was only a first overview. No european line cord whereas the socket and voltage adjustment are good. I guess that a good family father, who wanted to buy a beautiful new machine for the kids, would cry.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from jimy_speedt:

Yes it is number 19. But I find it unbelievable that no quality check is made. And it is was only a first overview. No european line cord whereas the socket and voltage adjustment are good. I guess that a good family father, who wanted to buy a beautiful new machine for the kids, would cry.

A shame really. Number 19 was probably made over 2 years ago.

#5 2 years ago

I wonder how much time this game spent on a boat?

#6 2 years ago

What's up with that coin door? That's not the same as mine or the others I've seen. Are they putting on a different door for overseas models?

#7 2 years ago

Hi,

I am sorry to see this! Can you contact the distributor that you purchased the game from and see how they can help you?

Marc

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

What's up with that coin door? That's not the same as mine or the others I've seen. Are they putting on a different door for overseas models?

European games usually get a European coin door for European coins.

#9 2 years ago

No idea regarding the door.

I am not too familiar with the speaker panel - backglass fastening. I see no way to block the speaker panel on the top side. As a result, even when the backglass is attached, the whole goes backward and forward and is not stable. Can anyone help me ? thanks

IMG_0115 (resized).JPG

#10 2 years ago

The speaker panel should hook on pegs in the backbox. I can see by the way it is sticking out that it isn't.

Take out the backglass and take a look at where it is supposed to be hooked when in the closed position.

#11 2 years ago

If you can wait, I'd send it back for a refund and wait for the new batch of MMR Standards, grab one of those if you want NIB. The MMR LE you have was probably made in Jan or Feb of 2015, maybe before that even for overseas market, and probably sold above MSRP now based on LE NIB rarity, but this machine is over 2 years old for a reason. Distributors holding onto LEs for so long is a little crazy. LE is just a plaque and maybe interior paint and alternate trim away from a Standard. You can easily get the shaker and DMD color chip and install those like many of us Standard owners have. Good luck!

#12 2 years ago

Here are some pictures from mine.

20170509_081146 (resized).jpg
20170509_081235 (resized).jpg
20170509_081227 (resized).jpg

#13 2 years ago

Contact your distributor and get the replacement parts. The door and backbox can be replaced! Not the end of the world. It could be worse!!!

#14 2 years ago

I just checked my MMR Standard backbox. When locked, there is an obstruction at the lock so the back glass assembly cannot be moved up, this is normal. Turning the backbox key removes this obstruction and the back glass assembly can be slid up a little and removed from the bottom. Inside the backbox at the top, there is a piece of black painted wood maybe an inch wide and running the width of the back box, and a slot gap between it and the top inside front of the backbox where the backglass assembly slids up into. On the left and right inside vertical in the backbox as long as the back box sides, there are similar pieces of wood to keep the back glass assembly from falling back and it rests on those wood rails. There are not pegs like the WOZ picture shown earlier, just wood rails. Hope this helps!

#15 2 years ago

I had a Batman66 that did not work for a month due to improper install of the rotating playfield!! That sucked.

#16 2 years ago

Man this is a bummer, I totally empathize with your frustration I would be too. Hope u can get some help in the matter

#17 2 years ago

Thank you everyone.

this machine was probably reserved at the model launch time. According to the EU reseller, this machine was assembled in Jan 2017 and there is a sticker at the back which confirms it. It is NIB. For the door, I do not understand ...

for the fastening of the BG -panel, thanks for the explanations and pics. It is simple but when you are not used to this method ....

I do not plan to ask for a refund even if the experience leaves a bad feeling. Tomorrow is another day and I hope that I ll be more relax.

thanks for having shared your thoughts.

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

A shame really. Number 19 was probably made over 2 years ago.

I remember reading that the number doesn't necessarily reflect the order in which it was made.

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

I remember reading that the number doesn't necessarily reflect the order in which it was made.

Maybe the owner can post the manufacturing date. Edit: I see he did that. What is the playfield manufacturing date?

#20 2 years ago

Maybe the owner can post the manufacturing date. Edit: I see he did that. What is the playfield manufacturing date?

playfield is 3 Jan 2016

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from jimy_speedt:

playfield is 3 Jan 2016

Interesting, even though it was assembled in Jan 2017, the parts are old. This leads me to think that they assembled a machine that already had a rusty coin door, instead of my assumption that it rusted sitting around after assembly. Can't believe the door rusted only since Jan 2017 assembly. Either way, sux.

#22 2 years ago

Interesting, even though it was assembled in Jan 2017, the parts are old. This leads me to think that they assembled a machine that already had a rusty coin door, instead of my assumption that it rusted sitting around after assembly. Can't believe the door rusted only since Jan 2017 assembly. Either way, sux.

I wonder if they took all the random leftover parts or returned cabs that had other problems and Frankensteined one together

#23 2 years ago

I just received my MMr standard model yesterday, one of the last one to be made, mine has a plywood bottom and golden ramps.
The same bolt came out of mine, and when I tried to lift the playing field out the side ramp caught on the glass trim. Kinda pain but
what can you do, thing get shaken up in transit. Also my backbox has a crack at the same location as yours.

#24 2 years ago

Such a shame. I feel for you, you have the right attitude sleep on it. Your distro should be your first point of call. If your distro values you as a client they will do everything to help you out. I remember when our GBLE started chipping everywhere and then a large chunk as big as a 50 cent coin came out of the playfield. It was less than 2 weeks old. My heart sank. I superglued the piece back in the playfield and we kept playing the machine. It took about a year with help from our distro and Stern, we got a replacement playfield. Everything worked out good!

The beauty of this hobby and Pinside is that there is plenty of genuine help around. Everything always works out for the best.

Good luck.

#25 2 years ago

L@@K's like some sort of scam to me, I don't think this was NIB at all. I'd return it for a refund if you can. Probably was a floor demo unit or maybe used and refurbished? no idea

#26 2 years ago

Is that wear around the coin slot?

#27 2 years ago

No the coin slot is ok.

for the display, it is a colour dmd but the displayed colour is green. How do I adjust it to get different colours ?

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from jimy_speedt:

I do not plan to ask for a refund even if the experience leaves a bad feeling. Tomorrow is another day and I hope that I ll be more relax.

at least get them to give you a new coin door.

#29 2 years ago

Hopefully, end of story. A new door will be sent today from CGC.

#30 2 years ago

of course you need to demand a refund or a different pin, don't let these clowns do that to you.

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from jimy_speedt:

Hi,
I received my brand new MMR LE black this morning. I am pissed off !
There are damages on the coin door and it is rusty, it must be replaced.
The wood is broken at the bottom of the backbox.
When I removed the glass and tried to lift the playfield, this one did not move. The cause was the left cylinder pivot attached to the cabinet and which supports the playfield. This one was not fastened and had gone loose in the box.
Full of dust inside.
It was already a nightmare before I get this machine at home, but so much money for this.... At least I will ask for the door replacement.
Apologies for this negative mood but I wanted to share it

The headbox is transit damage, if the game is dropped hard, a finger of putty and black paint, easy fix,

As you say new door coming, looks like the powdercoat came off the hinge,

If its an le keep it, will be worth more for resale.

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

of course you need to demand a refund or a different pin, don't let these clowns do that to you.

Thank you for the support Actually, the machine was built in Jan and I paid the full price on Jan 10th. I received the machine yesterday. To be honest, it is a bit sad to see the poor consideration they give to such beautiful and expensive machines, but if I get this door, I am glad. I ordered this morning the colour upgrade from PPS. There are many good comments about it

#33 2 years ago
Quoted from jimy_speedt:

Thank you for the support Actually, the machine was built in Jan and I paid the full price on Jan 10th. I received the machine yesterday. To be honest, I am a bit sad to see the poor consideration they give to such beautiful and expensive machines, but if I get this door, I am glad. I ordered this morning the colour upgrade from PPS. There are many good comments about it

Remember the le colour upgrade is cheaper

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Remember the le colour upgrade is cheaper

But only for French people. (le colour) .

#35 2 years ago

But only for French people. (le colour) .

No its the same lower price offered to le game owners $299us

#36 2 years ago

is the coin door a two coin slot door? MMRs came with them, mine has one. looks like thats been swapped with a stern coin door?

Neil.

#37 2 years ago

No its a happ door, yes Stern use them as well.

#38 2 years ago

Although this situation is highly unfortunate, there is something to consider here.

The longer a new game sits in a box, the more chance there is age and moving damage that is undetectable, just like any game in storage.
A cardboard box is not a vacuum sealed, indestructible, climate controlled vault.
People that keep games NIB as a money investment is a pintarded gamble.
Garages and open warehouses do not save games from temperature variations.
Game distributors like to rotate their stock for a reason.

Anyone that has removed a new game that was part of old distributor warehouse knows what can happen.
Just like the term NOS (New Old Stock) does not mean undamaged.
Component damage on PCBs, water damage to the cabinet cannot be seen from the sides (even if on a proper pallet), rust on metal parts from moisture (such as the coin door, legs, side rails, and assemblies), batteries leaking, connector corrosion, switch malfunctions and failures, broken or age damaged backglasses, and all sorts of other nuances. This does not even consider than early production games never receive service bulletin update kits when things are discovered by the manufacturer.

Removing a game that has been in box for years means extra care has to be observed when setting the game up, and cross checking the game, not just installing the legs, dropping the balls in and powering up the game.

#39 2 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

No its a happ door, yes Stern use them as well.

Yes but it's not what MMR shipped with.

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

People that keep games NIB as a money investment is a pintarded gamble.
Garages and open warehouses do not save games from temperature variations.

[...]

Anyone that has removed a new game that was part of old distributor warehouse knows what can happen.
Just like the term NOS (New Old Stock) does not mean undamaged.

[...]

Removing a game that has been in box for years means extra care has to be observed when setting the game up, and cross checking the game, not just installing the legs, dropping the balls in and powering up the game.

Except this game meets none of that criteria and was assembled 4 months ago...

#41 2 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Except this game meets none of that criteria and was assembled 4 months ago...

"Just like the term NOS (New Old Stock) does not mean undamaged."

Remake parts essentially NOS old school equivalency were in storage for years.
People do not seem to understand that parts are not built the same time as a game, many times years in advance.
Most of these parts were likely made between 2-4 years ago considering the first test models were built around 2012 long before the intention reveal date at Expo 2013.
Some playfield parts perhaps longer dependent on PPS reproductions, this includes the Churchill cabinets.
First batches of remade MM parts were made in 2000s before MMr and some was subsidized for construction of these games.
It doesn't matter as technicians are still just pulling things off shelves and out of boxes.

Assembly is different than part construction.
I doubt anything on this game was made recently for this specific game.
Just more education.

Just lessons, if people want to review my post, understand industry game production, and read.

#42 2 years ago

Wait for the AFM Remake, built by CGC,

Im.keeping my originals, supporting Spooky and new company's,

Competition breeds better quality, innovation, pricing

#43 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Yes but it's not what MMR shipped with.

I am sure they will ship it with whatever doors are available, its just a door no big deal

#44 2 years ago

Put a little wood glue in the crack and touch up. Wipe off and buff with a rag when almost dry. No big deal as it happened during shipping.

Call you distributor and they ship you a new coin door.

As for the hinge .... just fix it .

This is really no big deal at all and nothing compared to recent issues with PFs, QC, and mechanical problems.

Enjoy your new game !!!

#45 2 years ago

I will make no fuss about it. For a machine of nearly 10k$ I was shocked. Now I fully enjoy the humour of the game, especially yesterday when hearing the trolls about hamburgers and chips

Really, your comments are appreciated, thanks

#46 2 years ago
Quoted from jimy_speedt:

I will make no fuss about it. For a machine of nearly 10k$ I was shocked. Now I fully enjoy the humour of the game, especially yesterday when hearing the trolls about hamburgers and chips
Really, your comments are appreciated, thanks

Enjoy its a great game !!!

3 weeks later
#47 2 years ago

Just to close it in a proper way.

Got one more problem with the upload of the new game code, apparently linked to the controller board.

Doug paid a special attention to send a new board free of charge. Also a new coin door and a black strip for the BB damage are received.

Thanks to him and the CGC support policy.

End of story

#48 2 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Competition breeds better quality, innovation, pricing

I dont think your talking about the pinball hobby

#49 2 years ago
Quoted from jimy_speedt:

Just to close it in a proper way.
Got one more problem with the upload of the new game code, apparently linked to the controller board.
Doug paid a special attention to send a new board free of charge. Also a new coin door and a black strip for the BB damage are received.
Thanks to him and the CGC support policy.
End of story

You seem like a great guy. This sort of reasonable and solution-focused attitude is kind of rare. Enjoy your game!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Wanted
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside