New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 246286)

MMR LE or JJP PotC standard?

By rai

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by indypinhead
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“would you rather”

• JJP POTC 22 votes
    79%
  • MM Remake 6 votes
    21%

(28 votes)

#1 1 year ago

Suppose you never owned MM at all but would like to sample one of the top rated games of all time (or) were tempted for one of the top rated new pins but with standard edition to make the prices somewhat equal.

MM remake LE with color

JJP PotC Standard

now before you say MM is too easy keep in mind that I have not beat any games ever nor even got to wizard modes all that often.

#2 1 year ago

I really enjoy MM, it's a hell of fun shooting pin and has one of the best toys in pinball. However, the variety offered by the ruleset doesn't hold me enough to buy one for my home. The main modes (the castle modes) in MM are all the same, hit the center shot X amount of times with each level increasing the number of required hits. That never changes. On location I'm fine with that type of ruleset but not at home. Pirates of the other hand is not only one of the deepest pins produced but in my opinion offers the greatest amount of variety ever put into a ruleset thanks for the character select feature, map awards system, and the pirate lane awards. Code isn't even finished yet either lol.

#3 1 year ago

MMR has similar flow to the STLE you are selling, so you might prefer JJPOTC. I’ll sell you my extra Standard... But having said that, MMR should be tried at least once in a collection like yours!

#4 1 year ago

jjPotC. Not even close.

And with the character perks, you WILL get to a wizard mode on jjPotC if you pick the right character.

#5 1 year ago

JJPOTC's got a lot going on. Its a fun original design that gets a lot of play in my home. MM is rad but alot of games have similar flow, as mentioned above.

In my opinion playing JJPOTC provides a player a different and unique pinball experience unlike a lot of Sterns or B&W pins currently out there.

#6 1 year ago

I really like my MMR LE, but the JJP POTC blows it away. POTC is in a totally different league.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside