Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 139 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by kvan99
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 139 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 9 years ago

This is true for Stern and JJP, why is PPS taking crap for industry standard practices?

Quoted from Skins:

Warranty is valid only for customer of record (i.e. if original customer sells their game within the warranty period then the warranty is no longer in force

#52 9 years ago

If you're asking me, I'm not, just answering the question.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Rick: balls in your court. /:-/
So buyer of this pin has opened nib MMRLE and something doesn't work: he's out?
That just plain stinks and isn't necessary. It's still a nib pin, and the secondary sale owner should get warranty.

warranty tranferability has not changed ... everyone knew this was the policy, and is for many reasons. So, this was well known since the beginning. I'm sure you can explain how we would know exactly what happened to that pin between the first buyer and the second, as well as we are not going to be chasing games around between buyers. I'm sure if you look at why this is done for many things you will perhaps see that there are good reasons for having this be a policy, I don't think we are the only one ...

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

warranty tranferability has not changed ... everyone knew this was the policy, and is for many reasons. So, this was well known since the beginning. I'm sure you can explain how we would know exactly what happened to that pin between the first buyer and the second, as well as we are not going to be chasing games around between buyers. I'm sure if you look at why this is done for many things you will perhaps see that there are good reasons for having this be a policy, I don't think we are the only one ...

Well that puts that to rest once and for all. People please bookmark this page for reference! It is also the same policy as Sterns.

#55 9 years ago

Ok then. I get it.

But this pin isn't even built yet. I would love to jump on this sale, but yeah. I get it.

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Ok then. I get it.
But this pin isn't even built yet. I would love to jump on this sale, but yeah. I get it.

Yeah I think the warrantee thing will make this sale a hard one even with the money off.

#57 9 years ago

Yeah. Glws OP. I apologize if I derailed the thread. Was not intentional. It's a smokin' deal otherwise man.

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

(i.e. if original customer sells their game within the warranty period then the warranty is no longer in force).

I get it now. Even though warranty is not transferable after the game is delivered, ownership of record can't be changed before the game is delivered. As per the rules of this game.

Maybe it would be best for the OP to open the box and make sure it works before he tries to sell it.

#59 9 years ago

Not trying to provoke anything - I know it's walking a fine line on the transfer policy, especially since the other manufacturers have the same policies as well, but they just choose not to enforce it, presumably for customer satisfaction reasons.

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Understood about pins being shipped/moved around between first buyer and second, so I just have one question. Can a distributor change the owner on record prior to the game even being built, ie right now? I would think this is possible for two reasons:
1. There is a thread from a distributor that said they had a buyer request a deposit refund, and that they have one spot available and it has the full warranty - this was said just a few hours ago on that thread. If the above weren't the case, then this distributor could not say the game still has the full warranty.
2. I'm not sure distributors have even sent in a full record of ownership yet - since distributors can set their own deposit refund policies and the July 10th date was only for PPS buyers, a distributor could decide to allow deposit refunds up until August 1st if they wanted to.
I'm pretty sure at this point the record of ownership can be changed by the distributor, since the games are still a few months out. Again, just basing this on common sense more than anything. Not trying to provoke anything - I know it's walking a fine line on the transfer policy, especially since the other manufacturers have the same policies as well, but they just choose not to enforce it, presumably for customer satisfaction reasons.

Good points, I hope it works out for you.

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Understood about pins being shipped/moved around between first buyer and second, so I just have one question. Can a distributor change the owner on record prior to the game even being built, ie right now? I would think this is possible for two reasons:
1. There is a thread from a distributor that said they had a buyer request a deposit refund, and that they have one spot available and it has the full warranty - this was said just a few hours ago on that thread. If the above weren't the case, then this distributor could not say the game still has the full warranty.
2. I'm not sure distributors have even sent in a full record of ownership yet - since distributors can set their own deposit refund policies and the July 10th date was only for PPS buyers, a distributor could decide to allow deposit refunds up until August 1st if they wanted to.
I'm pretty sure at this point the record of ownership can be changed by the distributor, since the games are still a few months out. Again, just basing this on common sense more than anything. Not trying to provoke anything - I know it's walking a fine line on the transfer policy, especially since the other manufacturers have the same policies as well, but they just choose not to enforce it, presumably for customer satisfaction reasons.

I'd recommend giving Rick a call to see what you can work out. He seems happy to talk and has posted his cell a number of times.

#62 9 years ago

Rick gets frustrated like most of us when he feels he's just repeating himself over and over. Otherwise he's been great to deal with since 2005 for me. Wow. Almost a decade. I should make a cake.

#63 9 years ago

Resellers are separate business and act on their own. What I do tell them are guidelines relative to the product that we are selling.

I have no idea of what reseller or what policy exactly, but I do know that 'changing' title is not so simple - basically you need to cancel the first order, refund money and then rebook that item to another person with different money and I can tell you that is not a simple transaction that does not require some accounting, etc ... it's not just 'change the title'. So, you probably need to ask the reseller the question, I can tell you for PPS we would cancel the order and then if we had an MMRLE that is not prioritized to someone else in line then we would 'sell it' to the new person.

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Resellers are separate business and act on their own. What I do tell them are guidelines relative to the product that we are selling.
I have no idea of what reseller or what policy exactly, but I do know that 'changing' title is not so simple - basically you need to cancel the first order, refund money and then rebook that item to another person with different money and I can tell you that is not a simple transaction that does not require some accounting, etc ... it's not just 'change the title'. So, you probably need to ask the reseller the question, I can tell you for PPS we would cancel the order and then if we had an MMRLE that is not prioritized to someone else in line then we would 'sell it' to the new person.

Thank you.

#65 9 years ago

I have always been in the camp that deposits should be at least $1K and NON-REFUNDABLE. Reason is that what I have noticed is a lot of times people buy a game figuring it will go up before taking delivery (due to demand exceeding supply) and then if it doesn't they can just "walk away". I have always felt that the best way to take "speculation" out of the market is to implement a tough Non-Refundable deposit policy.....sounds harsh but truly it would make people thing long and hard about doing a pre-order.......what is the penalty if someone buys LE's and just cancels if they don't go up in value (i.e. not sold out ASAP)......

However, I don't make the rules the distributors make them but I for one would love to see them changed. I was originally going to buy an MMRLE but they all sold out before I could "make it happen" and many are cancelling their orders and I have seen this happen with many titles but trust me if an LE title goes way up before delivery you will rarely if ever see anyone not take delivery and that is on the DISTRIBUTORS I CAN'T BLAME the people just taking advantage of the system as it really pays to just order every LE and "hope it is a hit before you take delivery".....this happened with METLE's as people were selling them for a profit prior to taking delivery even....again, I never blame the person doing it I blame the DISTRIBUTOR for allowing deposits to be Refunded.....Bad, Bad policy which hurts the hobby as it leads to "speculation on any potential HOT LE title".

#66 9 years ago

In my experience, companies generally and pinball companies especially can be lenient or even downright generous if first approached discretely, directly and diplomatically. Put the matter on a public forum, however, and you back them into a corner in which they have little choice but to enforce and defend their formal policy.

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from DaveB:

$8k buys you a 90 day warranty on newly designed boards/electronics? That would be enough to scare me off.

This is the thing about the MMR that seems to get glossed over. If it's all new tech and current electronics are far more reliable than the stuff from the 90's, why the flimsy warranty? It sounds like the hardware is untested and they're avoiding the possibility of another design defect like JJP had with the WOZ leds. What am I missing?

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from swf127:

What am I missing?

Post 16.

#69 9 years ago

I stand correctified.. Thanks.

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from swf127:

This is the thing about the MMR that seems to get glossed over. If it's all new tech and current electronics are far more reliable than the stuff from the 90's, why the flimsy warranty? It sounds like the hardware is untested and they're avoiding the possibility of another design defect like JJP had with the WOZ leds. What am I missing?

You are missing the fact that the warranty is 1 year electronics, and this was decided I think early this year and communicated. You didn't even read the earlier posts in this thread, so over and over and over we have to keep correcting false statements people make ... certainly not with bad intentions, but I'm sorry, but pinside is a drain on our resources when we are trying to get the game done.

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

You are missing the fact that the warranty is 1 year electronics, and this was decided I think early this year and communicated. You didn't even read the earlier posts in this thread, so over and over and over we have to keep correcting false statements people make ... certainly not with bad intentions, but I'm sorry, but pinside is a drain on our resources when we are trying to get the game done.

I skimmed. I am a bad person. I shall go don the cone of shame.

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

but I'm sorry, but pinside is a drain on our resources when we are trying to get the game done.

WOW, don't bite the hand that feeds you!

#73 9 years ago

Even as a pinsider it's frustrating to read a post every page that clearly did not take the time to read what was already clearly stated in the very same thread so I totally get it Rick.

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

but I'm sorry, but pinside is a drain on our resources when we are trying to get the game done.

At least you're not JJP, where pinside drains your sanity and will to live

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

At least you're not JJP,

Thanks god! Thanks to Rick for the updates and information even when it creates a stir. At least you are telling us exactly whats going on.

#76 9 years ago

Have you thought about promoting LTG to VP of Pinside Affairs?

Quoted from PPS:

but pinside is a drain on our resources when we are trying to get the game done.

#77 9 years ago

I'm sorry, but I think this non transferable warranty stuff is bullshit! The board either has a 12 month warranty or it doesn't. If you are not the original owner then it should go by the build date on the board itself or if you can provide the receipt from the original purchase (whether you are the original owner or not). You either stand behind your product or don't. Not warranting something just because it has changed hands after 2 months of being built (or in this case, before being built at all) is just silly.

#78 9 years ago

This is such crap, JJP should allow this customer to transfer the sale completely to the new owner. Why torture your customers and alienate them from future sales? So Jack gets to keep the 1000 dollar deposit if know one buys this and gets to sell it someone else.

So glad I bought mine from PPS, so I could avoid this torture. Wish you luck Eryeal, I really think they should still have given you a refund since you had no idea your deposit was no longer refundable.

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

So glad I bought mine from PPS, so I could avoid this torture.

I had gotten the impression here that PPS has the same policy (nontransferable warranties). Is that mistaken?

EDIT: There it is: Post # 53

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

This is such crap, JJP should allow this customer to transfer the sale completely to the new owner. Why torture your customers and alienate them from future sales? So Jack gets to keep the 1000 dollar deposit if know one buys this and gets to sell it someone else.
So glad I bought mine from PPS, so I could avoid this torture. Wish you luck Eryeal, I really think they should still have given you a refund since you had no idea your deposit was no longer refundable.

No one said that Jack wouldn't/couldn't transfer the sale - it was clarified (at least I think!) that it would be at the discretion of the distributor if they want to cancel an existing order and then create another order. Jack did say that I could sell it and get the deposit back originally. Note that now I've actually paid for the game in full as I didn't want to risk losing the deposit altogether and waiting too long. I am relatively sure that Jack would be able to cancel my order and put the new order in the new buyers name, thus preserving the warranty for the new buyer, at least that's the gist I got. There's no way I was going to just throw away $1k deposit - absolute worst case scenario is that I receive a pinball machine that I have to put in storage for a year until I get my new house. But I'd rather not do that if at all possible.

#81 9 years ago

Thanks for clearing that up, seems like a reasonable outcome. Hope you don't have to wait a year to play your pin.

#82 9 years ago

You can put it in storage in my basement for a year

#83 9 years ago

Giving this one last shot - price reduced - now save $500. Final offer!

#84 9 years ago

Wish there was a way, I would just take it into stock here at pinballpro.com
I have a list of standard orders hoping for LE availability

#85 9 years ago

Question...........Could we still pick the trim color?

#86 9 years ago

Should be able to, but we are fast approaching that deadline

#87 9 years ago

This is not a positive sign for future 8k standard orders (aside from the ones that already committed I guess).

I feel for you. Even if you end up having to keep it, you'll have a nice pin for your new house and this will just be an uncomfortable memory.

#88 9 years ago

$500 off, should be gone today. If not, ?

#89 9 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Save yourself $500 if you're still wanting an MMR-LE - I need to get out of the purchase and will eat the $500. Purchase is through JJP. $7495 + shipping will be your total cost. PM me if interested. Thank you.

I would just buy it as you will be able to on sell it once you have received it

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

I would just buy it as you will be able to on sell it once you have received it

Then my cost would have gone up due to shipping, and be forced to most likely sell for a local pickup only. As well as loss of warranty.

#91 9 years ago

Can't believe this is still available.Smokin' Deal !
If I didn't already have one on order....

#92 9 years ago

Well not sure how to read this....$500 off of an LE and no takers? Eryeal just hold off man, someone will buy this in short order.

#93 9 years ago

I think all a potential buyer would have to do is PM PPS and say that they want to buy this game and that they know that Rick would not want to open up a can of worms, but would he privately give this game a warranty. Otherwise, things are getting very ugly. Ugly for the seller and ugly for PPS when the biggest Pin forum on the net has a NIB MMRLE that a guy can't get rid of for $7495.00

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I think all a potential buyer would have to do is PM PPS and say that they want to buy this game and that they know that Rick would not want to open up a can of worms, but would he privately give this game a warranty.

Oh yeah, so simple!

I'm sure that will work.

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Oh yeah, so simple!
I'm sure that will work.

Do you see any other solution? The value of MMRLE is dropping before our very eyes. Don't think for a moment that future buyers and sellers won't be referring to this thread to guide future sales. That's how it works on Pinside. The bleeding could stop here very easily, I think, with a little creativity.

#96 9 years ago

Why would Rick trust some random pinsider to keep his trap shut?

Your solution is completely unrealistic, and so is the "problem."

They'll have no trouble selling thier MMRs. Any perceived depreciation of value due to warrenty transfer issues is buyers' problem, not his.

#97 9 years ago

Why. They have the deposit. Either he sells it or buys it or loses the 1k. They dont need to be involved at all. When they hit and folks see them out there there will be another rush.

Meantime I am buying one and to consider getting 7500 for it would make me dance a Jig. I write off 500-1000 for buying new. I could buy a HUO and save that but its not worth it to me between shipping and that I enjoy being the first owner. But I certainly dont expect to get that money back.

Reality!!!

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why would Rick trust some random pinsider to keep his trap shut?
Your solution is completely unrealistic, and so is the "problem."
They'll have no trouble selling thier MMRs.

MMRLE $7400? How about $7300. Anyone? But seriously, what do you mean that the "problem" is unrealistic. It's real and it's here.

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Otherwise, things are getting very ugly.

It might get even uglier if someone bought this machine, opened it up to find it had major malfunctions, and then asked PPS if they would back their product, but got a reply like,

"Sorry, we can't help you, warranty on your machine is void, you knew that going in"

#100 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Why. They have the deposit. Either he sells it or buys it or loses the 1k. They dont need to be involved at all. When they hit and folks see them out there there will be another rush.
Meantime I am buying one and to consider getting 7500 for it would make me dance a Jig. I write off 500-1000 for buying new. I could buy a HUO and save that but its not worth it to me between shipping and that I enjoy being the first owner. But I certainly dont expect to get that money back.
Reality!!!

You definitely have an admirable attitude about it. Of course, let's be reasonable here. We're talking about a NIB.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 139 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-le-for-sale-save-200/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.