Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by starbase
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I've got the MMR LE and i've run into an issue during our playtime on Christmas Day

Essentially, I start the game and then hit the launch button and nothing happens. The four balls are located in the trough.

I've tried to diagnose the issue with test results as follows:
• #11 Launch button is OPEN and reports CLOSED when I press the button (so I don’t think it’s that)
• #31 Trough eject is CLOSED and reports OPEN if I manually move the plunger mechanism upwards to raise a ball
• #32 Trough Ball 1 is OPEN
• #33 Trough Ball 2 is OPEN
• #34 Trough Ball 3 is OPEN
• #35 Trough Ball 4 is OPEN
• #36 Left popper is CLOSED (not sure what this controls)
• Game appears to function correctly if I manually roll a ball to start the game

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

#2 6 years ago

Did you check the solenoid fuses?

rd

#3 6 years ago

Thanks for your help - spot on!!
Looks like there is a blown fuse (F1) on the solenoid driver board.

It looks like they are T4L 250V glass fuses - does that sound right?
I assume I could pick these up at most electronics stores.

Based on the fuse being the issue - could that also indicate that I have a short somewhere or is it common for fuses to go on pinball machines?

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from Radrek:

Based on the fuse being the issue - could that also indicate that I have a short somewhere or is it common for fuses to go on pinball machines?

I would put a new fuse in and try playing it. If indeed the fuse blows again either right away or within a few hours,you will have to find the short.
-Mike

#5 6 years ago

Just make sure the new fuse is the exact same amps and see if it's a slow blo fuse or normal.

#6 6 years ago

Should say somewhere (either on the board or in the manual) exactly what fuse it is.

If it says 4A - my guess would be 4 amp slow blow ... but check first.

Jaycar sells them.

rd

#7 6 years ago

Thanks for all the help guys!

#8 6 years ago

Turns out there were two fuses blown 1 x 4A (F1 location on Solenoid Driver board) and 1 x 6.3A (F1 location on PIN-PCB-POWSPL).
They are both slow blow fuses and were replaced with slow blow fuses of the same Amp/volts.

Jaycar had the glass 4A fuses but didn't have any glass 6.3A slow blow fuses so had to get ceramic ones instead....was told they are the same electronically but needed to be tested manually if a fuse was blown.

After I replaced the fuses the 6.3A fuse (F1 location on PIN-PCB-POWSPL) has blown again straight away. I ran my multimeter (Ohm) across all of the fuses (just to be safe even the glass ones that didn't look damaged)...All are ok except the 6.3A that blew again.

Based on this there is a short somewhere - but where do I start?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9 6 years ago

It’s either a coil or a transitor. It starts to get annoying to debug this without a breaker fuse but you can do it.

I would disconnect the coils on the 6.3A line one by one until you figure out which one is blowing the fuse. If no e of them are the culprits you may have a board issue, but it’s more likely a coil shorted or something is shorting the coil.

#10 6 years ago

Oh, I should have read that more carefully. The power supply PCB is blowing. Ok - you should open a ticket with CGC and work through it with them.

#11 6 years ago

Will do

#12 6 years ago

Have sent a ticket in, thanks for the help...pretty new to fixing issues on the pinball table!! Even though I can build a computer from scratch and understand the basics of electronics, it still can be a little daunting

#13 6 years ago

You bought it from Mr Pinball?

Give them a call and let them sort it out.

rd

#14 6 years ago

They are closed until 19th Jan ;(

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from Radrek:

They are closed until 19th Jan ;(

Typical Aussies. Lol!

rd

#16 6 years ago

haha, thats it!

4 months later
#17 5 years ago

Did you ever figure out why you were blowing fuses?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-le-cant-launch-a-ball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.