john hurt.jpg
medieval boob.jpg
tumblr_m0ng6rBeWT1qhd0xso1_500_large.jpg
DSCF5284.JPG
1269341207-pwned1.jpg
pin copy.jpg
technical-support-call-him-punjabi-lok-virsa-blog-p-o-ibackgroundz.com.jpg
965657_01_bmg_50_cal_m2_armor_piercing_a_640.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider usandthem.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from anubis2night:

meanwhile, in chicago a bunch of people are working hard to make these great machines. Our unsung heroes on the assembly line

And for peanuts...Enjoy your 8K game while the guy on the line makes $9/hr. or @19K per year. It is pinball's dirty little secret. Slave wages to build toys for rich people, kind of like China. I have a moral dilemma every time I purchase a newer game. I've never bought NIB though, so that eases my guilt a little bit, but not much.

Post edited by usandthem: Clarification.

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

Haha... at least it's manufactured in the USA. I get the sense you're not a silver lining kind of guy though. Low wages in the USA isn't exactly a secret.

Well, that's one way to look at it. However, I don't want to be on the "race to the bottom" train.

#86 9 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

And you own AC/DC
You support that dirty little secret.That's the dirty little secret.

Actually, I owned it, but not anymore. Thanks for reminding me to update that. As for owning modern games at various points even believing what I believe on this matter, I am certainly not faultless.

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

And the winner of the first "Debbie Downer" post goes to..........

I was just responding to someone who referred to the assembly line workers as "unsung heroes" and pointing out just how unsung they truly are.

#99 9 years ago

Love that skit. None of the cast members, especially Rachel Dratch and Jimmy Fallon, could hold it together. Jimmy hardly ever could, and if he shared a skit with Will Ferrell, forget about it.

#183 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Reminds me when Chris Webber said his dad worked making Cadillacs for 30 years and couldn't afford to buy one. Such is life.

Surprised to hear this from you. Pretty disappointing. At least those "unskilled, loser UAW workers" could afford a Chevy, a house, and could send their kids to college, you know back when we had a strong social contract.

#190 9 years ago
Quoted from FatAussieBogan:

Did some one run over your cat? I know a guy that works building submarines but he can't afford to buy one either but he can afford a canoe.
Do you bring your Flint michigan style melancholy to all your hobby forums?

Actually, I would say that 90% of my comments on this forum are positive ones. There are just certain things that strike a chord with me. And besides, I didn't even bring it up initially. It's just when someone had mentioned that we should celebrate the "unsung heroes on the Stern assembly line", I couldn't resist.

I didn't respond back to the several responses that spoke out against my comments and continue to belabor the point. I made my feelings clear on the subject (This is still an all things pinball forum, isn't it?) and the circumstances surrounding the actual production of them shouldn't be off limits.

As for my response specifically to FamilyArcade, he and I usually see eye to eye on these kinds of matters, so I was surprised at his response. That's all. I'm ready to drop it for the time being.

#413 9 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

These people look miserable and beat down in this so-called sweat shop. Slave labor!

356942-i.jpg 39 KB

If you want to get this started back up again, let's do it. Rendering your judgments from one snapshot is anecdotal at best, and extremely cynical at worst. Are you smarter than that or just a smart ass?

#419 9 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Actually, I would say that 90% of my comments on this forum are positive ones. There are just certain things that strike a chord with me. And besides, I didn't even bring it up initially. It's just when someone had mentioned that we should celebrate the "unsung heroes on the Stern assembly line", I couldn't resist.

I didn't respond back to the several responses that spoke out against my comments and continue to belabor the point. I made my feelings clear on the subject (This is still an all things pinball forum, isn't it?) and the circumstances surrounding the actual production of them shouldn't be off limits.

As for my response specifically to FamilyArcade, he and I usually see eye to eye on these kinds of matters, so I was surprised at his response. That's all. I'm ready to drop it for the time being.

I also wrote the above in a post below that one.

But the fact is that I made my position clear on the matter, which I can on this pinball forum (yes, the act of putting them together and the labor and labor costs associated should not be off limits). As expcected, I had more detractors than supporters. It's not surprising here.

#420 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The USA is the greatest country on earth, if you'd like to make $30 a month putting these pins together then move to Mexico or China or somewhere that doesn't give a crap about their people.

What's your point? That's about the equivalent of the $9.00/hr. here. I'm glad that you're not upset that in this "greatest country on Earth" that you get to subsidize Stern with their workers' publicly funded healthcare, food, and housing, which they certainly qualify for at the wages that they receive.

#432 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Try that line in some other country? My $$$ pays for pinball machines getting produced and jobs created.
That's a fact of life and why millions of immigrants flow over the borders to come to our great country. If you don't like where you live then the border works both ways.

Love it or leave it. Yee haw.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider usandthem.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-is-on-the-production-line?tu=usandthem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.