john hurt.jpg
medieval boob.jpg
tumblr_m0ng6rBeWT1qhd0xso1_500_large.jpg
DSCF5284.JPG
1269341207-pwned1.jpg
pin copy.jpg
technical-support-call-him-punjabi-lok-virsa-blog-p-o-ibackgroundz.com.jpg
965657_01_bmg_50_cal_m2_armor_piercing_a_640.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hawkeyepin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Dude, what exactly is the pleasure that you get from constantly bad mouthing this project? I understand that you were against it from the beginning since it drove down the hugely inflated prices of the originals you were flipping, but get over it.

I think that a routed original will drop significantly below the MMR. The guys that gave theirs a good shop and some mods will also be scrambling to get anywhere near 8k. I suspect high end restorations in most cases, won't be able to move for over 8k.

The price of a brand new MMR plummeting? Unlikely. I would use the example of unboxed (originals) on EBAY that sold for significantly more than their used/routed cousins. exa-unboxed never played NGG sold on ebay for much more than the used version.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Boy, are you in for a shock. TeeKee is spot on.
Why is MMR going to be any different from any other new (2013/2014/2015) Stern or JJP machine? It's going to drop in price.
If anyone thinks differently, unfortunately they are wrong.
Seriously, I hope everyone everyone enjoys their new machine when they get them. The wait has been lonnnnnnnng.
rd.

I wouldn't know what teekee says...I have him on "ignore".

#309 9 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

You got into the hobby just before the bubble. The bubble being utterly overpriced machines, especially LE models. You were deliciously smug about your superior ability to buy a nib pin and sit on it for a few months only to flip for a decent profit. You did the same with sought after pins such as MM. You first started whining about the flood of expensive machines. This dealt a blow to your model, one that a monkey who could sign a check could easily replicate. Then you lost your mind over ve and mmr. These were the nails in your speculator coffin. Then the market as a whole is back to where it should be, lose a little money on nib pins after keeping them a few months. Your world is shattered. Bummer for you I'm sure but it's great for real pin lovers.
Real pin lovers love to PLAY pinball. We all enjoy having sought after machines more readily available. This also allows us to deal with distributors and not speculators like you. People do make money on pinball they are called operators and distributors. They have to really work at it and just can't sit back and flip a pin for huge profits. You'll be gone soon as the reason you got into pinball is almost gone. People won't miss you. You'll be remembered for your incessant whining and recently personal attacks against people who understand the hobby. I find you an interesting study in human behavior. But I have enough data now so you're free to go

R O F L M A O

#457 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

No other company promised they were going to open and transparent and and answer questions anyone had unlike their competitors either.
Rick said if you have a question, call. I did. Call was never returned. Then I emailed. He wanted to review some things before he would answer my questions. But then he said he wasn't going to answer them. Then I was told he was going to call me. Never got a call.
Rick has played Pinside like a fiddle. Good for him. But at some point people are just going to admit that he flat out lied and told people what he wanted to hear at Expo 13. He's no different than those he was criticizing and he's probably worse.

Are you interested in buying MMr? I thought you owned MM already.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hawkeyepin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-is-on-the-production-line?tu=hawkeyepin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.