john hurt.jpg
medieval boob.jpg
tumblr_m0ng6rBeWT1qhd0xso1_500_large.jpg
DSCF5284.JPG
1269341207-pwned1.jpg
pin copy.jpg
technical-support-call-him-punjabi-lok-virsa-blog-p-o-ibackgroundz.com.jpg
965657_01_bmg_50_cal_m2_armor_piercing_a_640.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider anubis2night.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#8 9 years ago

I think he meant that it was a couple thousand less than when the original was for sale from Williams at it's initial release

#16 9 years ago

personally, I think the only time value / price should come into the equation is when your buying a game or about to sell, other than that you purchase the item to enjoy while your on this earth. Worrying about the resale price or value lost isn't worth the time. If your going to be thinking about it in those terms, invest in stocks or something else with a decent return on your investment.

#27 9 years ago

meanwhile, in chicago a bunch of people are working hard to make these great machines. Our unsung heroes on the assembly line

#94 9 years ago

Average per capita income for Melrose Park, IL is $17597. Housing median price is $155k - $180. Unemployment in Melrose Park is at 8.9%(national unemployment rate is 5.6% or so).

It's all relative.

#185 9 years ago

I'm wondering who will be the first to make more that work with the new system (or how compatible it will be) as for value, it's pie in the sky wishful thinking that these new machine will lose that much value or that they'll be somehow less than a regular MM. they will likely be regarded as something similar to a stern but also similar to an original. People seem to love the modern stern machines due to lack of work on them as fast play. Adding those features to a classic title should fill a huge niche. It's cool if your into originals, that's great, but I'd say at least give this game and the idea of rereleased a chance.

One thing I am wondering about is how the PF's are sealed? Is anyone planning on taking their knowledge of that the common issues seen over the last 20 years with many machines and sealing / protecting these new ones right from the start?

#192 9 years ago

I said that comment about the unsung heroes, I certainly didn't say it so you could twist it into an issue, I mentioned it because a) they do a greatjob and should be thought of when we get new games and b) sometimes it's good to move the conversation to something constructive. Instead you locked onto making it an issue and derailing a whole thread.

as the op of the original comment id wish you'd let it go or at least acknowledge my next comment in reply to yours, that the town they work in has a average single person income of less than they make and a higher unemployment rate than the national average, factor that in with the cost of living being less than many other places and it may not be that huge an issue for them. Lastly we don't know exactly what they make, several people mentioned they make more and made great points which were completely ignored by you as you kept on your crusade. At any rated like to enjoy the dis ussuin sans the movement, thanks

#198 9 years ago

The only thing compatible at this time would be within pinball itself, we've seen plenty of examples of reissued parts from ramps to playfields. All of those seem to do fine and fetch a good bit of money in the aftermarket,the real test is quality of the product and of course supply and demand. It's pointless to worry too much about this stuff right now. Their games, enjoy them.

#206 9 years ago

Actually in regards toys, it's really all about quantity of toys and quality. Original Star Wars toys mint in box are rare and thus hold a higher demand (factoring in nostalgia) but those prices have reached a threshold. newer Star Wars toys don't hold value becuase Lucas over saturated the market and people assumed that those items might gain in value "some day" meanwhile there's plenty of examples of newer Star Wars toys that gain in value and so quite well, though those are all of higher caliber in both quality, lower production numbers and have a higher price point.

#210 9 years ago

Agreed, personally when I buy stuff I plan on keeping it. (Perhaps with exception to a car) love of pinball should be enough to accept any game as equal, new old, routed or HEP. as long as the game is playable and in good enough shape to enjoy its serving its purpose

#228 9 years ago

At 6000 - 6500 I think it would be quite easy to pick up a machine it's a little over $120 a week. If someone's interested in pinball that's not too bad

#239 9 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Blasphemy....There is nothing better to do than pinball

#295 9 years ago

Here in nor cal I see a fair bit of pro models and some le's as well. I think a MMR would do well on route.

And I don't expect to see any pics to tues or wed probably. Though if someone posts some jugglies or something I'm sure that would appease the pinball gods until production pics appear

#337 9 years ago

I think rick got there last night, we'll see pics when he had en and when he gets a chance to post em. I believe someone was there last week and saw the production run but couldn't take pics due to another game on th line that hasn't been seen or mentioned yet. If that's still the case, they may move a few finished ones up and snap a couple of pics once they're done with the rest of the details (I'm sure he's walking through the process and checking on a myriad of issues and items from the last that he can check out now that he's therejn person. I'd imagine meetings with CGC as well.

#400 9 years ago

Or Rick you could take that time and invest it in a nice beer, screw the naysayers, there will always be more of them. Move on and move along.

#402 9 years ago

This, I hope we hear the next title soon.

#414 9 years ago

how about we find something positive to chat about instead? Anyone plan on having a new box opening party? also just curious will these new remake machines come with goody bags?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.99
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 9.95
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider anubis2night.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-is-on-the-production-line?tu=anubis2night and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.