medieval boob.jpg
tumblr_m0ng6rBeWT1qhd0xso1_500_large.jpg
DSCF5284.JPG
1269341207-pwned1.jpg
pin copy.jpg
technical-support-call-him-punjabi-lok-virsa-blog-p-o-ibackgroundz.com.jpg
965657_01_bmg_50_cal_m2_armor_piercing_a_640.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 458 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.
#401 9 years ago

Rick when will you announce your next title?

#402 9 years ago

This, I hope we hear the next title soon.

#404 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

psst - you need to provide an email address to sign up here as well.

Anyone can view the Pinside forums without creating an account.

#405 9 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Anyone can view the Pinside forums without creating an account.

Exactly.

Not the case with the PPS forum.

#406 9 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

And for peanuts...Enjoy your 8K game while the guy on the line makes $9/hr. or @19K per year. It is pinball's dirty little secret. Slave wages to build toys for rich people, kind of like China. I have a moral dilemma every time I purchase a newer game. I've never bought NIB though, so that eases my guilt a little bit, but not much.

These people look miserable and beat down in this so-called sweat shop. Slave labor!

356942-i.jpg356942-i.jpg
#407 9 years ago

Thank you Rick, I have had a deposit out for roughly nine years and Wayne allowed me to jump in on your game. The wait is almost over, really excited about how modern technology had been utilized to enhance experience!

#408 9 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

These people look miserable and beat down in this so-called sweat shop. Slave labor!

356942-i.jpg 39 KB

I cannot tell if you are being sarcastic or not. They actually look laid back and worry free to me.

#409 9 years ago
Quoted from Pyropro:

Thank you Rick, I have had a deposit out for roughly nine years and Wayne allowed me to jump in on your game. The wait is almost over, really excited about how modern technology had been utilized to enhance experience!

9 yrs? You win the grand prize!

Can we please shut down the communist redistribution slave labor talk? Save that for another country. Thanks for participating though.

#410 9 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

356942-i.jpg 39 KB

Diggin that rotisserie, where was that picture taken?

#411 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I cannot tell if you are being sarcastic or not. They actually look laid back and worry free to me.

Sarcasm.

#412 9 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

Diggin that rotisserie, where was that picture taken?

Comrade DeBlasio's prison camp?

#413 9 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

356942-i.jpg 39 KB

If you want to get this started back up again, let's do it. Rendering your judgments from one snapshot is anecdotal at best, and extremely cynical at worst. Are you smarter than that or just a smart ass?

#414 9 years ago

how about we find something positive to chat about instead? Anyone plan on having a new box opening party? also just curious will these new remake machines come with goody bags?

#415 9 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Are you smarter than that or just a smart ass?

I'm just a dumb smartass that likes pinball. I also like companies that assemble their goods in the US and help their local economy. Sorry. Just responding to YOUR statement.

#416 9 years ago

This used MM shirt is $95 on eBay. Time to remake these too.

ebay.com link: like

$_58.JPG$_58.JPG
#417 9 years ago

I think they get treated pretty well, they have 11 nice microwaves and three models to choose from. Our break room only has 2 plain microwaves and you have to wait in line.

#418 9 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

If you want to get this started back up again, let's do it. Rendering your judgments from one snapshot is anecdotal at best, and extremely cynical at worst. Are you smarter than that or just a smart ass?

The USA is the greatest country on earth, if you'd like to make $30 a month putting these pins together then move to Mexico or China or somewhere that doesn't give a crap about their people.

#419 9 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Actually, I would say that 90% of my comments on this forum are positive ones. There are just certain things that strike a chord with me. And besides, I didn't even bring it up initially. It's just when someone had mentioned that we should celebrate the "unsung heroes on the Stern assembly line", I couldn't resist.

I didn't respond back to the several responses that spoke out against my comments and continue to belabor the point. I made my feelings clear on the subject (This is still an all things pinball forum, isn't it?) and the circumstances surrounding the actual production of them shouldn't be off limits.

As for my response specifically to FamilyArcade, he and I usually see eye to eye on these kinds of matters, so I was surprised at his response. That's all. I'm ready to drop it for the time being.

I also wrote the above in a post below that one.

But the fact is that I made my position clear on the matter, which I can on this pinball forum (yes, the act of putting them together and the labor and labor costs associated should not be off limits). As expcected, I had more detractors than supporters. It's not surprising here.

#420 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The USA is the greatest country on earth, if you'd like to make $30 a month putting these pins together then move to Mexico or China or somewhere that doesn't give a crap about their people.

What's your point? That's about the equivalent of the $9.00/hr. here. I'm glad that you're not upset that in this "greatest country on Earth" that you get to subsidize Stern with their workers' publicly funded healthcare, food, and housing, which they certainly qualify for at the wages that they receive.

#421 9 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

What's your point? That's about the equivalent of the $9.00/hr. here. I'm glad that you're not upset that in this "greatest country on Earth" that you get to subsidize Stern with their workers' publicly funded healthcare, food, and housing, which they certainly qualify for at the wages that they receive.

Try that line in some other country? My $$$ pays for pinball machines getting produced and jobs created.

That's a fact of life and why millions of immigrants flow over the borders to come to our great country. If you don't like where you live then the border works both ways.

#422 9 years ago

Guys, the troll, don't feed.

Come on now, just walk away.

#423 9 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

356942-i.jpg 39 KB

They look like they could school me on some much needed pinball modding & repair skills

#424 9 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

ebay.com link » Like

$_58.JPG 36 KB

but... age old question... on what shirt color ? (gold) ?

#425 9 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

ebay.com link » Like

$_58.JPG 36 KB

If DP can give out a t-shirt with a machine that has yet to be made, surely PPS can give out one of these on delivery?

#426 9 years ago

Hope the best for the MMR folks. I sincerely hope you love your game . As a frequent player of MM and as the owner of a premier Stern game (LOTR) and a JJP game(WOZ), and some Williams/Ballys games (T-2 and Indy 500), I truly appreciate advantages/disadvantages of EACH GAME AND EACH MANUFACTURER. I simply hope that Stern will make MMR in the tradition of the original game with very solid cabinets, solid hardware, and solid plastics. Most of the recent Stern games have
felt cheap to me. I can play an older Williams /Bally game with my eyes closed and tell the difference. I recently played T-2 and T-3 in the same day. Although I liked the complexity of T -3 (Stern) more, overall, I felt T-2 (williams) was a much more compelling game and experience. Hopefully, Stern will get it right with MMR. If not, it's time to buy the Hobbit and Pat Lawlors next game. It is a great time for pinball with excellent competition. May the best company win!

#427 9 years ago
Quoted from Lotr-Hobbit:

Hope the best for the MMR folks. I sincerely hope you love your game . As a frequent player of MM and as the owner of a premier Stern game (LOTR) and a JJP game(WOZ), and some Williams/Ballys games (T-2 and Indy 500), I truly appreciate advantages/disadvantages of EACH GAME AND EACH MANUFACTURER. I simply hope that Stern will make MMR in the tradition of the original game with very solid cabinets, solid hardware, and solid plastics. Most of the recent Stern games have
felt cheap to me. I can play an older Williams /Bally game with my eyes closed and tell the difference. I recently played T-2 and T-3 in the same day. Although I liked the complexity of T -3 (Stern) more, overall, I felt T-2 (williams) was a much more compelling game and experience. Hopefully, Stern will get it right with MMR. If not, it's time to buy the Hobbit and Pat Lawlors next game. It is a great time for pinball with excellent competition. May the best company win!

Stern isn't making any of the parts. They're merely assembling the game.

#428 9 years ago
Quoted from Lotr-Hobbit:

Stern is only assembling...

Williams/Bally parts.

#429 9 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

You can get the shirt a lot cheaper here:

http://pinballswag.com/product.php?productid=17&cat=2&page=1

#430 9 years ago

yeah, but the sizes only goes up to 6X....

Seems somewhat shortsighted if they want to appeal to the typical pinball athlete...

#431 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Seems somewhat shortsighted if they want to appeal to the typical pinball athlete...

LOL

#432 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Try that line in some other country? My $$$ pays for pinball machines getting produced and jobs created.
That's a fact of life and why millions of immigrants flow over the borders to come to our great country. If you don't like where you live then the border works both ways.

Love it or leave it. Yee haw.

#433 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

America is number one at incarcerating it's population. That's it. Sure, Mexico and China are worse places to be employed, but America is not the greatest country on earth, not by many accounts.

IMHO

#434 9 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

...but America is not the greatest country on earth, not by many accounts.

that's because you don't reside here

French-Monty-Python-Holy-Grail-French-taunt.jpgFrench-Monty-Python-Holy-Grail-French-taunt.jpg
<spoken in the monty python french knight voice>
go back and play your silly little bowling game with the fancy rings around them. while you're at it, why don't you throw an extra ball to make yourself feel good about yourself!
</french kniggit voice>

#435 9 years ago

Canada has full exposure to american propaganda; I can see why you think it's the best. But it's not.

I've visited America enough to know I dont want to live there

#436 9 years ago

Morning laugh for me was when I turned the computer on first thing I saw was post #398 ! I thought I was looking at a pic. of Kevin assembling a Predator play field !

#437 9 years ago

America is number one at incarcerating it's population. That's it. Sure, Mexico and China are worse places to be employed, but America is not the greatest country on earth, not by many accounts.
IMHO

#438 9 years ago

What the hell!
Anything you buy goes down in price once you buy it!
I'm getting a MMR because I love playing it. I never bought it as an investment. It's entertainment.
Just like a TV,Projector, Game System etc. etc.
I've waited quite a while for this beauty. Soon it will be in my gamesroom and that's very comforting.
Great job Rick!
I chose Black Trim. I'm not in on this first batch. Can't wait to hear reviews from others when they get delivery.

#439 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The USA is the greatest country on earth

#440 9 years ago

Just stopped in to see if any new news on production. I see we've shifted gears from the sweat shop stern factory to fighting over who's country sucks the least. Solid positive updates.

#441 9 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

ebay.com link »

Once they do the value of the original used shirt will drop dramatically

#442 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

» YouTube video

Thanks for posting that video; it's been awhile since I've seen that one.

#443 9 years ago

IMHO

Yes, yes, we know Canada's contribution to the World are awesome and incredibly important:
Justin Bieber
Bowling
the snowblower
the blackberry
coffee crisp candy bars

However, if you're into things like:
Pinball
(and everything else)

Yeah, America (for all her faults) is pretty great.

*note:
I'd be willing to keep Canada around for those damn coffee crisp alone (they ARE awesome) .... the rest we could probably chuck. Actually, we could probably pave some of it- we really do need the extra parking....

#444 9 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

Just stopped in to see if any new news on production. I see we've shifted gears from the sweat shop stern factory to fighting over who's country sucks the least. Solid positive updates.

My country's sporting team is better than your country's sporting team...

#445 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I'd be willing to keep Canada around for those damn coffee crisp alone (they ARE awesome) .... the rest we could probably chuck. Actually, we could probably pave some of it- we really do need the extra parking....

Plus, they also have a lot of dudes that know how to hack satellite TV so definitely don't get rid of those guys!

#446 9 years ago

Two of the most dangerous ideas on Earth, unbridled, sanctimonious, nationalism and religion.

#447 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

. the rest we could probably chuck

You have obviously never had Poutine ; )

#448 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Yeah, and that's why we need those 6XL t-shirt sizes!

#449 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Yes, yes, we know Canada's contribution to the World are awesome and incredibly important:
Justin Bieber
Bowling
the snowblower
the blackberry
coffee crisp candy bars
However, if you're into things like:
Pinball
(and everything else)
Yeah, America (for all her faults) is pretty great.
*note:

You forgot Celine Dion........ugh........

#450 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Ha!

I wish I hadnt!

I grew up living in Buffalo and spent more time in Canada than I did in New York! (back in the good ol days when you barely had to stop your car at the border). We probably hit Toronto once a month (it was like NYC, but cleaner!).

I went to college in Upstate NY and then spent most of my cross-border trips coming to Quebec and Montreal....

So, my pokes at Canada were sarcastic (obviously), I loved spending time in that country and Im glad we in the US decided to let you keep it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.99
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

There are 458 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-is-on-the-production-line/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.