medieval boob.jpg
tumblr_m0ng6rBeWT1qhd0xso1_500_large.jpg
DSCF5284.JPG
1269341207-pwned1.jpg
pin copy.jpg
technical-support-call-him-punjabi-lok-virsa-blog-p-o-ibackgroundz.com.jpg
965657_01_bmg_50_cal_m2_armor_piercing_a_640.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 458 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 10.
#101 6 years ago
Quoted from Nostorm:

MMR is rolling done the line,

Pics or it didnt happen

For those that thumbs down this post....its a joke...ha ha?

#102 6 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

And for peanuts...Enjoy your 8K game while the guy on the line makes $9/hr. or @19K per year. It is pinball's dirty little secret. Slave wages to build toys for rich people, kind of like China. I have a moral dilemma every time I purchase a newer game. I've never bought NIB though, so that eases my guilt a little bit, but not much.
Post edited by usandthem: Clarification.

Only on pinside could we begin with an MMr production update and end with a discussion about western consumer exploitation of the developing world.

#103 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Only on pinside could we begin with an MMr production update and end with a discussion about western consumer exploitation of the developing world.

Maybe we can move into firearms next..

#104 6 years ago

Or T-Shirts!

troll.jpg

#105 6 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I was just responding to someone who referred to the assembly line workers as "unsung heroes" and pointing out just how unsung they truly are.

Yes...and the unsung heroes on the burger flipping line deserve $15 an hour also....because no matter how little skill or education is required for a job it should pay enough to support a family of 6

If your not happy with your salary then get the education and skills to get a better job instead of blaming your employer

#106 6 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

Elvis may be dead........

Quoted from cleland:

He's around, but he's not looking very good

Elvis Old.jpg 24 KB

Thats what you think he looks like now......some know better....

Reverend-noone.jpg

#107 6 years ago
Quoted from tdunbar:

Emailed and Jack said he did not yet know the allocation to each dealer yet but I was in his first batch.
yippee ki-yay

Humm I should call he confirmed my shipper number last week...could have a MMR by next weekend
Nah it will hit the following Sat because I am working lol....no wait weekend after that when the bridal shower will be taking place at my house....oh the timing of it all.

#108 6 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

And for peanuts...Enjoy your 8K game while the guy on the line makes $9/hr. or @19K per year. It is pinball's dirty little secret. Slave wages to build toys for rich people, kind of like China. I have a moral dilemma every time I purchase a newer game. I've never bought NIB though, so that eases my guilt a little bit, but not much.

Money is not everything dude. Maybe those people working the assembly line are paying their bills, buying the toys they like and are happy with what they do for $9 an hour. Being happy is more important than anything. Not everyone cares about how much money they earn. They probably think people paying $8K for a Pinball Machine are idiots, lol. Actually they probably don't even know the price of one. Don't feel guilty. If it makes you happy give them some more job security and buy one.

#109 6 years ago

You guys forgot to mention the Stern Employee discount advantage that they have. Maybe when I retire someday i will apply for a job there LOL. How about a new shirt WILL WORK FOR PINBALL Rob

Quoted from hardware:

Money is not everything dude. Maybe those people working the assembly line are paying their bills, buying the toys they like and are happy with what they do for $9 an hour. Being happy is more important than anything. Not everyone cares about how much money they earn. They probably think people paying $8K for a Pinball Machine are idiots, lol. Actually they probably don't even know the price of one. Don't feel guilty. If it makes you happy give them some more job security and buy one.

#110 6 years ago

congrats to all of you getting one of the best pins every made.

#111 6 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

what dirty secret, they are not doing a high skill job. they are getting paid accordingly.

#112 6 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

It's a real shame that they're forced to work there and can't locate a different job w/better wages, benefits, etc. F**king scumbag capitalists!

#113 6 years ago

working at Stern beats the crap out of being a greeter at Walmart + you can play pinball on your lunch break.

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Pics or it didnt happen
For those that thumbs down this post....its a joke...ha ha?

Still like to see pics..

#115 6 years ago

I work in a manufacturing plant and no one there makes anywhere as little as 9$ an hour. Also when you are in an assembly line or other type of manufacturing enviornment overtime is usually part and parcel so you make extra money that way as well.

#116 6 years ago
Quoted from bankmansam:

I can remember in the just the past few years when there were all the posts of what an "over rated game" Medieval Madness was. In the world of pinball, times do change.

I can tell you, I find myself playing AC/DC a whole lot more than Medieval Madness. Can't wait to see what all the posts are saying 7-8 months from now.

#117 6 years ago

Well...he did it again.

dr.jpg
#118 6 years ago

Again?.jpeg

#119 6 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Total garbage. Interesting article from 2014 perhaps some evidence to your ignorance of the truth:

http://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/news/2014/09/04/stern-pinball-steps-into-spotlight-in-new-made.html

"One thing Wastler and Gannon discovered while making their new "Made Right Here" video: Stern employees like what they do. Turnover is low at the pinball company, and some employees have been there for upwards of 40 years."

Hardly sounds like people being treated like slaves. As stated already.. Buying a machine is supporting the workplace not something to feel "guilty" about.

#120 6 years ago

yes...again.

#121 6 years ago
Quoted from bankmansam:

You are about 16 years late, but thanks!

I will say I hope these new games give their owners as much pleasure as I have had owning mine, and they are everything that folks are expecting them to be. Congratulations are in order for both camps.

#122 6 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

And for peanuts...Enjoy your 8K game while the guy on the line makes $9/hr. or @19K per year. It is pinball's dirty little secret. Slave wages to build toys for rich people, kind of like China. I have a moral dilemma every time I purchase a newer game. I've never bought NIB though, so that eases my guilt a little bit, but not much

It wouldn't be a real thread about JJP or Stern production if he doesn't chime in about slave labor and whatnot.

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Total garbage. Interesting article from 2014 perhaps some evidence to your ignorance of the truth:

http://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/news/2014/09/04/stern-pinball-steps-into-spotlight-in-new-made.html

"One thing Wastler and Gannon discovered while making their new "Made Right Here" video: Stern employees like what they do. Turnover is low at the pinball company, and some employees have been there for upwards of 40 years."

Hardly sounds like people being treated like slaves. As stated already.. Buying a machine is supporting the workplace not something to feel "guilty" about.

Here's what I know about it:

-We've seen videos of Gary taking time to tell the factory staff about awards they've won for best games or best manufacturers

-Gary speaks often of the pressure that every decision they make affects hundreds of jobs. That weighs on him, and why they don't just turn everything on a dime or whim of our pinside posts.

-A pinsider bumped into one of the factory ladies out in public, she was wearing a Stern Pinball t-shirt, she was very proud to work there and very excited to talk about it with a customer who appreciated it.

-Stern is the only company producing ~$5k machines and people complain about that price.

-If the wages are low, that speaks about greater issues with american manufacturing and economy, what unskilled workers get, but it's not like they are operating an illegal sweat shop.

The staff there do feel appreciated and morale seems good.

#125 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Here's what I know about it:
-We've seen videos of Gary taking time to tell the factory staff about awards they've won for best games or best manufacturers
-Gary speaks often of the pressure that every decision they make affects hundreds of jobs. That weighs on him, and why they don't just turn everything on a dime or whim of our pinside posts.
-A pinsider bumped into one of the factory ladies out in public, she was wearing a Stern Pinball t-shirt, she was very proud to work there and very excited to talk about it with a customer who appreciated it.
-Stern is the only company producing ~$5k machines and people complain about that price.
-If the wages are low, that speaks about greater issues with american manufacturing and economy, what unskilled workers get, but it's not like they are operating an illegal sweat shop.
The staff there do feel appreciated and morale seems good.

Also don't forget that Stern has a high microwave to employee ratio
image-476.jpg

#126 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

The funny thing is there is another whole bank of machines from what I remember from the tour...

#127 6 years ago

Well, when you think about it, being a factory, everyone takes a break at the same time. And they aren't going to be running over to Mcdonald's for lunch, it'll be bag lunches for everyone, so the bank of microwaves is a courteous employer trying to let everyone eat their lunches quickly.

#128 6 years ago
Quoted from Nostorm:

MMR is rolling done the line, Rick said 20 will be done this week and then even more next week, what a glorious day in pinball !

Tomorrow is Friday. Anyone seen a pic of #1? That should be as historic as Steve Kordek and the final P2K machine.

kordek.jpg

#129 6 years ago

Said Steve went out with a small pop instead of a big bang.

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Said Steve went out with a small pop instead of a big bang.

Rick may get these games made but he will never have the class or "show" of gentleman Steve.

Steve never needed to be the Big Bang. He WAS one Big Bang in the history of pinball.

#131 6 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Oh brother. For your guilt's sake, I hope you sew your own clothes and grow your own food. The folks doing that make $9 a week.

#132 6 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Rick may get these games made but he will never have the class or "show" of gentleman Steve.
Steve never needed to be the Big Bang. He WAS one Big Bang in the history of pinball.

This.

#133 6 years ago

Hmmm, I just noticed they apply the multiple model per game strategy to the break room too.

From top to bottom naturally:
3 Microwave LE's (w/black trim, 1 with a prototype topper)
3 Microwave Premium's (white trim, black window)
5 Microwave Pros (all white, no bling)
1 "The Microwave" (at the bottom, not repairable)

Stern Microvave Models.jpg

#134 6 years ago
Quoted from danisme:

Hmmm, I just noticed they apply the multiple model per game strategy to the break room too.
4 Microwave Pros (all white, no bling)

Best comment in this thread!

Stern Microvave Models.jpg 36 KB

#135 6 years ago

Glad for everyone that has 1 ordered or on the way !!

Great flow, sounds, humor & art !

Had our well routed MM since late 2003, pretty much the longest lasting Game in our collection (along with CV & MB ;-})

#136 6 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I vote to double the price of the new games then Stern could afford to double the line workers wages and they would have a living wage then.

#137 6 years ago
Quoted from danisme:

4 Microwave Pros (all white, no bling)

The year is still very young, but I nominate this for best post of 2015.

#138 6 years ago
Quoted from danisme:

LOL !!

#139 6 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

that would be sold eventually as a project.

#140 6 years ago

And the bucket with the "gold" trim option.

#141 6 years ago

great fun machine, glad there will be more of them.

#142 6 years ago

Congrats to everyone who stuck it out and will soon be starting to receive their pins!

Hit me up when you are ready to sell/trade your HUO MMRLE

#143 6 years ago

I ordered mine within minutes of the announcement and paid in full in early July but selected the black trim, so I am expecting to have to wait a while still. Pinball certainly does teach (or attempts to teach, at any rate) patience. Reading this thread doesn't help. Just need to put it out of my mind for a few more weeks.

#144 6 years ago
Quoted from danisme:

I've also heard some secret insider information that the Microwave Division is getting a major upgrade in the new location. It's taking some time to get the kinks worked out, but they have been testing it at a secret location for two years.

Sadly, the microwaves will not be getting a code update. You just cook on high in 1 minute increments and deal with it. Turns out the manufacturer promised multiple settings, but, well they all sold anyway so they just didn't worry about it.

New Stern Microwave Shelving.jpg

#145 6 years ago

Also, those microwaves have modes (e.g., "popcorn") that don't do anything special. At least they don't have to be preordered.

#146 6 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

You would be better using the ignore feature… I can tell you're one of those.
So many ignored me months ago when I said "doubtful any one will see their MMr's until early 2015."
ignore this!

Pretty soon your collection will only be good for firewood. Well...at least you'll stay warm.

#147 6 years ago

They're still working on the code.

#148 6 years ago

image-476.jpg 36 KB

Those microwaves are not for the employees. That's how Stern makes there zombies for TWD. They have to Nuke 'Em!

#149 6 years ago
Quoted from danisme:

the one on the bottom needs to be "the micro", other than that, your post IS the best so far this year. well played fo shizzle

#150 6 years ago

I saw MM's rolling on the assembly line, Very cool!!

There are 458 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 10.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside