medieval boob.jpg
tumblr_m0ng6rBeWT1qhd0xso1_500_large.jpg
DSCF5284.JPG
1269341207-pwned1.jpg
pin copy.jpg
technical-support-call-him-punjabi-lok-virsa-blog-p-o-ibackgroundz.com.jpg
965657_01_bmg_50_cal_m2_armor_piercing_a_640.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 458 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 10.
#1 9 years ago

MMR is rolling done the line, Rick said 20 will be done this week and then even more next week, what a glorious day in pinball !

#2 9 years ago

Thanks for making a new thread (seriously no sarcasm) because wading through 1000 posts in the old one of people bickering just to find some nugget of news was getting tiresome.

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Thanks for making a new thread (seriously no sarcasm) because wading through 1000 posts in the old one of people bickering just to find some nugget of news was getting tiresome.

Give it some time and I am sure the haters will turn this thread into the same debacle.

#4 9 years ago

What's that bad boy cost?
Not that I am interested or could afford one, just curious.
...a fella can dream can't he?

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

What's that bad boy cost?
Not that I am interested or could afford one, just curious.
...a fella can dream can't he?

$8,000 I know it a couple thousand more than originals but I think it's worth it!

#6 9 years ago

Thanks for lettin' me know. Awesome game and good for you! Enjoy

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Nostorm:

$8,000 I know it a couple thousand more than originals but I think it's worth it!

I think its a couple thousand less than the original.

#8 9 years ago

I think he meant that it was a couple thousand less than when the original was for sale from Williams at it's initial release

#9 9 years ago

Wow

Post edited by moderator: Removed PM screenshot. Please report issues to the moderators as a first line of defense.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Give it some time and I am sure the haters will turn this thread into the same debacle.

Pretty much a debacle right from the start… another MMr retired or banned pinsider. Nice! He even sent off a few very hateful PM's… speaking of haters.

#11 9 years ago

Cant wait to see folks opening them boxes

#12 9 years ago

I'm definitely happy that the MMRs are finally getting produced and will soon be in peoples game rooms. As a neutral party in this case (not on MMR or own an MM), I just don't get the sadistic pleasure that some are gaining at seeing other folks taking it on the chin over the values of their games. Why would you care, unless you have a personal bone to pick with them? What comes around goes around. Any of our games can get remade and the value drop accordingly.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I just don't get the sadistic pleasure that some are gaining at seeing other folks taking it on the chin over the values of their games. Why would you care, unless you have a personal bone to pick with them? What comes around goes around. Any of our games can get remade and the value drop accordingly.

Ironic since the guys that will be getting their MMr's soon will be taking a big it themselves.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Ironic since the guys that will be getting their MMr's soon will be taking a big it themselves.

I doubt it. At any rate, I'm just happy to see these things getting produced again. Can't wait to play it.

#15 9 years ago

This is great to hear! Finally MMR rolling down the line $

#16 9 years ago

personally, I think the only time value / price should come into the equation is when your buying a game or about to sell, other than that you purchase the item to enjoy while your on this earth. Worrying about the resale price or value lost isn't worth the time. If your going to be thinking about it in those terms, invest in stocks or something else with a decent return on your investment.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

This is great to hear! Finally MMR rolling down the line $

Rollin' Rollin' Rollin'
Get those doggies Rollin'
Rawhide.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Dude, what exactly is the pleasure that you get from constantly bad mouthing this project? I understand that you were against it from the beginning since it drove down the hugely inflated prices of the originals you were flipping, but get over it.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Dude, what exactly is the pleasure that you get from constantly bad mouthing this project? I understand that you were against it from the beginning since it drove down the hugely inflated prices of the originals you were flipping, but get over it.

You asked me a question and then you answered it yourself? You seem to have all the answers so why ask why?

You should've been paying attention. I answered it many, many times...

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

I think that a routed original will drop significantly below the MMR. The guys that gave theirs a good shop and some mods will also be scrambling to get anywhere near 8k. I suspect high end restorations in most cases, won't be able to move for over 8k.

The price of a brand new MMR plummeting? Unlikely. I would use the example of unboxed (originals) on EBAY that sold for significantly more than their used/routed cousins. exa-unboxed never played NGG sold on ebay for much more than the used version.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

I think that a routed original will drop significantly below the MMR. The guys that gave theirs a good shop and some mods will also be scrambling to get anywhere near 8k. I suspect high end restorations in most cases, won't be able to move for over 8k.
The price of a brand new MMR plummeting? Unlikely. I would use the example of unboxed (originals) on EBAY that sold for significantly more than their used/routed cousins. exa-unboxed never played NGG sold on ebay for much more than the used version.

First you claim that the original will drop significantly and in the same breath you say the the remake won't drop that much? What are you smoking? If the original is going to drop you can guarantee the remake will follow.

Sorry to say but the remake has a much further way to drop than the original at this point… open the box… drop… several hundred plays… drop… its first scratch or ding… drop.

The original has already taken its major hit…

#23 9 years ago

.... and were back with the typical mmr talk.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

Who knows & who freakin cares! MM will be the last pin standing in my game room, it's my all time favorite game!

#25 9 years ago

hopeless. Honestly hopeless to discuss even a positive thing like the MMR being built with out someone coming and talking about pricing. UGH

#26 9 years ago

I think its great news. Hope to own a MM someday and now they will become more affordable.

#27 9 years ago

meanwhile, in chicago a bunch of people are working hard to make these great machines. Our unsung heroes on the assembly line

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

Boy, are you in for a shock. TeeKee is spot on.

Why is MMR going to be any different from any other new (2013/2014/2015) Stern or JJP machine? It's going to drop in price.

If anyone thinks differently, unfortunately they are wrong.

Seriously, I hope everyone everyone enjoys their new machine when they get them. The wait has been lonnnnnnnng.

rd.

#29 9 years ago

Drain

#30 9 years ago

They are both right . NIB pins take a hit. Except for a very brief period that's just the way it is. Just like any pin re run takes a hit. Be it IM or MM.
If you open it you lose some dough. If you have an original run and a new one comes out you lose some dough.
Of course who cares if you are playing and having fun.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

The price of a brand new MMR plummeting? Unlikely. I would use the example of unboxed (originals) on EBAY that sold for significantly more than their used/routed cousins. exa-unboxed never played NGG sold on ebay for much more than the used version

You forgot the 15+ years of earnings on site of their used/routed cousins

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Why is MMR going to be any different from any other new (2013/2014/2015) Stern or JJP machine? It's going to drop in price.
Seriously, I hope everyone everyone enjoys their new machine when they get them. The wait has been lonnnnnnnng.
rd.

I wouldn't know what teekee says...I have him on "ignore".

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

No wonder why you're always so confused… (can someone please relay the message?)

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from Nostorm:

MMR is rolling done the line

POIDH

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd.

BSMs seem to be holding their value very well.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

Same. Surprised anyone reads his stuff. Congratz to you MMR buyers. The wait is about over.

#37 9 years ago

MMR will do just like Ironman VE did to the originals - Bring down prices because of supply..

There were ~4000 machines originally made in 1997 - so the original has been in the market 18 year - how many are truly left out there?

Stern and now PPS/WMS/CGI see that there is money to be had in rerunning old titles and as long as there is pent up demand we will keep seeing old titles remade..

Cactus Canyon, Scared Stiff, Attack from Mars, Monster Bash are all great candidates for the next WMS remake..

LOTR & Tron both have the pent up demand for Stern to do a remake

Unless we all stop desiring and paying high dollar for games - the manufacturers see the $$$$ and will keep doing this...

#38 9 years ago

Wouldn't that be nice!

#39 9 years ago

Enough with the money debate please.
If you are buying pins as an investment there are many way better (and less risky) ways to spend.
Pins are meant to be played and enjoyed, not constantly bitched about.
Buy it because you like it and don't worry about it's value to someone else, all that matters is what it is worth to you.

Thread got derailed fast.
For those that missed it, MMR is on the production line and lots of folk are gonna soon be getting their pins.
Good for them.
Let them enjoy it for craps sake.

#40 9 years ago

...for craps sake...yes!

#41 9 years ago

This is great news and heartening to all who are in on the remake. Question: will the MMRs come with the full color DMD or will they limited to single color? I recall reading in another thread that PPS / Chicago Gaming were having issues with color.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

This is great news and heartening to all who are in on the remake. Question: will the MMRs come with the full color DMD or will they limited to single color? I recall reading in another thread that PPS / Chicago Gaming were having issues with color.

Single color for now. They are "working" on colorizing it. I am not sure if ColorDMD will work with MMR.

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

Single color for now. They are "working" on colorizing it. I am not sure if ColorDMD will work with MMR.

ColorDMD will not work with MMR, but as others mentioned, they are working on colorizing it. Updates to MMR will be released online and you will use a microSD card to update the game.

#45 9 years ago

Now I want to know my production number and date, can't wait and just owe shipping since mine was thru and paid JJP.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from tdunbar:

Now I want to know my production number and date, can't wait and just owe shipping since mine was thru and paid JJP.

Call or email Jack or Jen and find out, they will have a very good idea of timing for it.

#47 9 years ago

In the end, it doesn't matter what will happen to the future values of either MM or MMR. A company made a product, priced it high(according to some), and people still came to buy it in droves.

It's like trying to argue that there is absolutely zero reason to buy a Porsche 918 when you can have a Toyota Prius. Both are hybrids, both run on gas and electric, both will get you from point A to point B. People will buy what they want regardless of the price, sometimes. I know, it's crazy, but they do. People have money and they use it to buy whatever they want. Banish the thought!

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from anubis2night:

meanwhile, in chicago a bunch of people are working hard to make these great machines. Our unsung heroes on the assembly line

So they can know the complement:

Mientras tanto, en Chicago un montón de gente está trabajando duro para hacer estas grandes máquinas. Nuestros héroes no reconocidos en la línea de montaje

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Yep, but it's no different then buying any 8K range NIB machines. The Stern premium/LE's and JJP games take the same kind of hit in value as soon as you play them.

Just happy to know that it is finally happening. So what was the crazy post that got removed?

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Hope to own a MM someday

it's fun for a month

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.99
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 458 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 10.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-is-on-the-production-line and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.