(Topic ID: 122397)

MMr - is it a Williams or is it a Stern?

By xrayman

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 82 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

popcorn_stephen_colbert.gif
i-like-where-this-thread-is-going.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
fat-girl-running.jpg
Chicago Gaming.JPG

This topic is closed.

There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I disagree. I say we feed this troll! at the way he is accumulating thumbs down we have a chance to drive his score into negative numbers!

#52 9 years ago

To answer the thread's question in the title: it's a Stilliams.

#53 9 years ago

This is so damn typical...

#54 9 years ago

Damn this thread took a nose dive... lolz.

#55 9 years ago

Back to the original question

Nudgability is determined by machine weight, leg cabinet interface and leg floor interface. Machine weight and cabinet build matter.

Hard to judge mmr when the leg floor interface was not right.

In fairness to Rick, we have never met. And I never had a chance to try the game after he made the adjustments.

Pps/cgc personell (not Rick) were dismissive re the setup.

Rick you are awfully quick to call your customer a liar and not so quick to make sure your game put it best foot forward.

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

That Saturday morning I got under the machine to level it, as I thought this was not OK

I don't believe you; you're way too tall to be crawling around under games leveling them

The games WERE fixed - the first day I played it was floaty as hell, but the next day the levelers were adjusted and it played fine. If it WAS you that crawled under there, that was probably a sight!

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from xrayman:

Hard to judge mmr when the leg floor interface was not right.

It's easy to judge your intent. Pure trolling. Seriously, this is the stupidest thing I've read here in a few days, and that includes dozens of pages of Predator bullshit.

Same legs, same bolts, same levelers, same cabinet, and (lol), same tilt mech. All performed exactly as they did on a WMS MM. Levelers were fixed after a day and the games slid around on that carpet just fine.

#58 9 years ago

Mine will be at SFGE barring any last minute surprises - come play it.

#59 9 years ago

WOW! I used to like Pinside.

#60 9 years ago

Things that occurred following my deposit were /are cause for legit concern..

The degree of animosity and resistance to this discussion is also concerning.

Yes, im trolling for opportunity to check out this game before dropping 7k more.

Thanks flake. I will be there at SFGE. If u get the game early, i would like to drop by and try it out.

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from xrayman:

Disagree fully. Didn't meet you Friday evening and also have witness to event.

How dare you question PPS. That's a federal offense.

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from xrayman:

Things that occurred following my deposit were /are cause for legit concern..
The degree of animosity and resistance to this discussion is also concerning.
Yes, im trolling for opportunity to check out this game before dropping 7k more.
Thanks flake. I will be there at SFGE. If u get the game early, i would like to drop by and try it out.

You are absolutely correct that there were issues that were cause for legitimate concern. However, build quality issues of MMR was never one of those.

One of the reasons that there is no discussion of your original post is that there aren't very many people that, at this moment, compare how a production MMR plays vs. an original because (a) not many have MMRs to play yet and (b) very few will also have a good playing original to compare it to.

That said - I think the premise of your original question is silly and uninformed.

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from Code_Blue:

"This Tony Robbins seminar is going to pay off in spades"
"My amber necklace wards off cancer"
"Stern games feel cheap"
"Lowering taxes raises revenue"
-Morons everywhere

With an unusually high number near Hacienda Heights, apparently?

#64 9 years ago

Ill trade my original one for someones new one plus $2000 if they hate the new one that much.

#65 9 years ago

And ill give you the IPB repro PF with it.

#66 9 years ago

Brilliant. I very rarely lol out loud. I did then. Haha!

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from xrayman:

Disagree fully. Didn't meet you Friday evening and also have witness to event.

You said PPS staff ... please let me know exactly who from PPS that was, as I was the only person from PPS at the show.

#68 9 years ago

If the folks who built the machine don't pay enough attention to detail to even set it up properly, then questions about what other details they may have overlooked are totally fair and valid in my humble and uninformed opinion.

#69 9 years ago

Rick, my apologies if I am confusing pps with cgc staff.

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from xrayman:

If the folks who built the machine don't pay enough attention to detail to even set it up properly, then questions about what other details they may have overlooked are totally fair and valid in my humble and uninformed opinion.

Folks at a show and the people making sure its 100 ready to ship are not usually the same people. Regardless you already heard it was adjusted the next day.
Move on! Now that being your only experience and 7k more due, take a trip and go play one first or just sell your spot. Folks have been looking. Buy one later.
Not sure what else you want to hear at this point.

All I can add is I played an old one at the show and then the MMr and not only was it clear to me that its awesome but my friend with a nice older MM immediately started talking about making the move to a new one.

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

All I can add is I played an old one at the show and then the MMr and not only was it clear to me that its awesome but my friend with a nice older MM immediately started talking about making the move to a new one.

Are you talking about Tad because I tried buying that back and he doesn't want to sell?

As for leveling at expo, it was finally leveled correctly but the next day it wasn't again. I took pictures of it and posted it here on pinside.

To the op, move on. You clearly have a bias.

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from xrayman:

Rick, my apologies if I am confusing pps with cgc staff.

You are confusing alot of stuff and I would appreciate removal of any misleading statements from any of your posts concluding that. You can not just state things on a public forum that are flat out wrong and then just say 'sorry' ... oy.

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from xrayman:

pps/cgc were dismissive at expo regarding our concerns about the MMr setup at expo Friday night.
They said that their expert had set it up the way that was correct and best.

xrayman it's really beginning to seem like the purpose of this thread was not to ask a question but to assert your point of view.

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

You can not just state things on a public forum that are flat out wrong and then just say 'sorry' ... oy.

LOL. Says who? This isn't pps's forums. He apologized. That's more than a lot of people would do here.

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from xrayman:

How does it play out of the box?
At Chicago expo it felt Stern like. Descriptors would include light weight, overly wobbly and nudgeable with little effort, overly slick on play field with absurd levels of ball slide.
Bad setup or is this what this game truly is?
Got to know before I spend another 7k.
Thanks.
Disclosure I'm in already 1k on this game with pps..

Welcome to Pinside. You're gonna do great.

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Are you talking about Tad because I tried buying that back and he doesn't want to sell?

Yes. Like of all of us we go back and forth. But he loved the new one. Now his is exceptional and loaded with great mods so I think that made him stay. Its like my LOTR. If they made a new LOTR and I did not have one I would buy it over an older. But now the one I have is so done with I want that I can't start over. In too deep.

Short answer is played an old one, played the new one. New on felt the same but new. Obviously that made it play better.

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

LOL. Says who? This isn't pps's forums. He apologized. That's more than a lot of people would do here.

Controllers gonna control...

#78 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

- Leveled like ass, super shallow playfield meant they didn't play well (and Rick knew it since he complained about the people bitching. FFS man, take the 5 minutes to fix it!)

Quoted from PPS:

That's bullshit. That Saturday morning I got under the machine to level it, as I thought this was not OK. Total fabrication, I was not dismissive as I complained to CGC who set it up.

rick

Rick, why attack the OP? Is it only an outright lie because he's new here?

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

You are confusing alot of stuff and I would appreciate removal of any misleading statements from any of your posts concluding that. You can not just state things on a public forum that are flat out wrong and then just say 'sorry' ... oy.

Rick,

You were not the only person in your booth the whole weekend (I know I saw more than a few different faces). I would certainly assume that all the people there were PPS staff. I would also assume that anyone around or working on the MMr games were also PPS staff since PPS is the one selling the games. So, like it or not, you are ultimately going to be pointed at for the actions of those representing your booth or your games. So, I can't blame the OP for his assuming those people were part of your group...

Jaz

#80 9 years ago

Its a pps - Williams parts, but different electronics

Stern is only providing the skilled labour to put them together, and it will be probably way better than a fresh bunch of people assembled for the project.

I dont see why people attack pps like this, I thank them for making it happen! I cant wait to get a mmr someday, I just have to wait for our dollar to hopefully come back a bit otherwise I would have already been on board :\

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

It's easy to judge your intent. Pure trolling. Seriously, this is the stupidest thing I've read here in a few days, and that includes dozens of pages of Predator bullshit.
Same legs, same bolts, same levelers, same cabinet, and (lol), same tilt mech. All performed exactly as they did on a WMS MM. Levelers were fixed after a day and the games slid around on that carpet just fine.

But are they the same legs? It seemed to me the Sterns ARE more "wobbly" because the legs are either thinner, softer metal or both. This was very apparent when I first got LotR and had a fresh experience to compare to all my other games. It was so prominent I was worried the legs might collapse. Really, they were that flexible. No BS.

#82 9 years ago

I feel like this thread was created only to troll. It looks like it was only started to get a negative back-and-forth going, and isn't really serving much of a purpose.

Also, the way everything is worded...it's just not a healthy conversation.

I can't keep it open.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.99
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 9.95
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-is-it-a-williams-or-is-it-a-stern/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.