Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 122 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by labnip
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MM_(resized).jpg
    MMr_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    2049250b476721868529b308954c8bae6c47c979_(resized).jpg
    fg_(resized).jpg
    afm2_(resized).jpg
    mmm_(resized).png
    delamination_(resized).jpg
    cloudy-afm_(resized).jpg
    CLOUDY-DIAMONDPLATE_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    th_(resized).jpg
    power_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jazzmaster.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#77 8 years ago
    Quoted from Slate:

This thread was started "to let people know about the updates" from CG.

Since that is the case, let's talk about how inconsistent CGC has been when addressing this issue with different owners who's playfield's have identical insert issues. Because, in reality, different owners who have open tickets with CGC have been given wildly different "updates". Apparently Some owner's have been offered playfields at cost, others have been offered free color upgrades and some, it would seem, have been given replacement playfields.

Everyone else is waiting on plastic inserts and a software fix which, by the way, I was told directly from CGC will not include the ability to adjust the brightness of the LED's. It will only dim them.

The real issue that I have with CGC is the inconsistency with which they are addressing these tickets. Those users who are recieving replacement playfields will have the future value of their machine protected while everyone else will take a hit.

#84 8 years ago
    Quoted from Slate:

Software coming out will allow users to dim or brighten as they choose.

This is in direct conflict with what I was told by Doug Skor at CG. When he told me about the software fix, I specifically asked if it would be a user changeable setting and he stated that the hardware in the MMr would not allow for this setting to be changed. He further stated that the issue had been addressed in game number two and the hardware was redesigned to allow for user defined LED brightness.

Quoted from Slate:

no one has gotten a PF or free color upgrade, etc.

How could you possibly know this for fact?

Quoted from Slate:

CG has stated over and over owners can get the fix when it comes out or return their game if they are un happy.

Please point me in the direction of where they have stated this over and over. I can't find a single instance of this being publicly stated by anyone and CG.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jazzmaster.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-inserts-update-from-cg?tu=jazzmaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.