(Topic ID: 86670)

MMR if you had 8000.00 to spend would you buy the remake.

By 1BADTA

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 245 posts
  • 89 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by karmalord
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

main_2.JPG
sell.jpg
New Canasta.jpg
48026923.jpg
MMr Color Display.jpg
There are 245 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 10 years ago

Games coming out of HEP are decalled. I wouldn't call anything that made it's way through that shop downgraded.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Mine was screen printed, and I guess they arn't decals. Yes many have downgraded decal cabinets now.

#202 10 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

If you love MM and the money is not an issue I would get it.

If you love (Insert anything you can imagine here) and the money is not an issue I would get it.

#203 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Games coming out of HEP are decalled. I wouldn't call anything that made it's way through that shop downgraded.

Decals are decals. Still a downgrade. I think he clearcoats his decals to help them try and take a little more abuse.

#204 10 years ago

Sorry everyone... MM is one of my and alot of friends favourites

#205 10 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Sorry everyone... MM is one of my and alot of friends favourites

Ok I figured I'd try!! Can't blame me....

#206 10 years ago

Isn't the upside to decals that they can print at a higher resolution and level of detail that you can't do directly screened to the cab? Or was that an old Williams thing.

Decals are fine, lots of games had them, they might not be quite as durable but anyone buying this game is going to protect them. This is a non issue.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Decals are decals. Still a downgrade. I think he clearcoats his decals to help them try and take a little more abuse.

#207 10 years ago

they are the same printing on either. It's the fragile aspect and the leg crinkling that sucks and the bubbling, or peeling, or just losing the adhesive properties over time. I've had some with decals, that could be peeled off like piss poor wallpaper off an old house.

#208 10 years ago

I don't know anything about adhesive issues, but the new style Stern bracket protectors are genius and will be installed when I get the game. Along with Mantis protectors (if I can get them to fit), and clear plastic protectors.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

they are the same printing on either. It's the fragile aspect and the leg crinkling that sucks and the bubbling, or peeling, or just losing the adhesive properties over time. I've had some with decals, that could be peeled off like piss poor wallpaper off an old house.

#209 10 years ago

the plastic ones are garbage all around. The ones that extend outside of the edges of your legs, will do more damage in areas that can't be covered.

But I agree the metal stern ones that go inside the legs will protect and solve crinkle issues. They are fantastic.

#210 10 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Yer, my original also never gets played................. now that I have AC/DC. METLE, STLE

I agree and feel the same, except I would never say never....its great to have that same old feeling again.

#211 10 years ago
Quoted from 1BADTA:

Ok I figured I'd try!! Can't blame me....

Good thing PPS is remaking them, mine is here for life

Quoted from BenetBoy78:

I agree and feel the same, except I would never say never....its great to have that same old feeling again.

Just since the new code came out on Metallica & getting a STLE 2 weeks ago

#212 10 years ago

I set my personal limit at what I would pay for a new game at $7500 last year when Stern started their crazy pricing. I am going to stick with that limit. With that in mind Hobbit will probably be my last NIB game.

I'm done with these new higher prices.

1 week later
#213 10 years ago

I can't find any information about machines actually being sent to people that have bought in. When should people begin to expect to receive their machines?

#214 10 years ago

I heard mid to late Q4.

Anyone know if LE preorders are still obtainable?

#215 10 years ago
Quoted from wilsonza:

I heard mid to late Q4.
Anyone know if LE preorders are still obtainable?

Yes. Contact Automated. They have an ad on Mr. Pinball Classifieds in MM/Pa sales (just looked, Last one on the list). I believe they haven't changed the price on it either. Don't get confussed with suppliers that are selling MMr Standards for the same price (Pinballstars Amusements).

#216 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

If you love to play MM and have to have one to play but don't care about future value than get one…

No… as soon as you plug it in kiss some cash goodbye.

1000's… way too many. 1000 LE's and plenty of Standards. No real difference between the two.

As far as playability it sounds like its close but if you're concerned at all about collectibility its not even close...

Newer but never better… who knows what issues lie ahead.

Not so much anymore… where have you been?

Teekee your sorta right about the collectibility it wool actually be worth more than the original and more collectible hence its the same game just way better and you don't have any say what the market will do let's see what happens in the next 6 months I think your gonna look back at all your dumb comments and think to yourself I should of bought a MM 14 and guess what you will be paying more for it a year from now
YOU ARE A BUZZ KILL!

#217 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

If you love to play MM and have to have one to play but don't care about future value than get one…

No… as soon as you plug it in kiss some cash goodbye.

1000's… way too many. 1000 LE's and plenty of Standards. No real difference between the two.

As far as playability it sounds like its close but if you're concerned at all about collectibility its not even close...

Newer but never better… who knows what issues lie ahead.

Not so much anymore… where have you been?

Haha we have a Debbie Downer...repeat, we have a Debbie Downer.

$8,000 for a brand-new, mint condition MM is a deal to many. Furthermore, there are plenty of people who really don't care if the MMr goes down in value, or doesn't jump to $12k NiB within a few months: they just want one to enjoy.

The Negative Nancies whining about MMr appear to be a) those that have an MM and are concerned about devaluation (no offense to this group), b) those who are generally misanthropic about anything new, or Stern, or non Bally/Williams, or c) those who are embittered that they cannot afford these new pins and are trying to convince themselves that they won't be missing-out.

#218 10 years ago

In a few months when I put my new MMLE14 next to my old routed MM I'll think of all your posts TEEKEE and laugh at how wrong you were hahahahaha

#219 10 years ago
Quoted from rubberfist:

$8,000 for a brand-new, mint condition MM is a deal to many. Furthermore, there are plenty of people who really don't care if the MMr goes down in value, or doesn't jump to $12k NiB within a few months: they just want one to enjoy.
The Negative Nancies whining about MMr appear to be a) those that have an MM and are concerned about devaluation (no offense to this group), b) those who are generally misanthropic about anything new, or Stern, or non Bally/Williams, or c) those who are embittered that they cannot afford these new pins and are trying to convince themselves that they won't be missing-out.

Rubberfist you are totally correct I couldn't have said it better myself well done!

#220 10 years ago
Quoted from Hondanut:

Teekee your sorta right about the collectibility it wool actually be worth more than the original and more collectible hence its the same game just way better and you don't have any say what the market will do let's see what happens in the next 6 months I think your gonna look back at all your dumb comments and think to yourself I should of bought a MM 14 and guess what you will be paying more for it a year from now
YOU ARE A BUZZ KILL!

Lol, you're definitely new here (or maybe just made a second account) and very naive… a lot to learn here and you're definitely not ready for a logical debate. Good luck and Happy Easter.

#221 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Lol, you're definitely new here (or maybe just made a second account) and very naive… a lot to learn here and you're definitely not ready for a logical debate. Good luck and Happy Easter.

Teekee once again, you're just concerned that the value of your collection will go down which it inevitably it will do. That's your only argument. I'll restate my point because you don't seem to be getting it.

When there was only 1 pinball manufacturer (Stern) the other pinballs like Bally & Williams were scarce and went up in value because no one ever thought they would be remade again. Now that there are multiple manufacturers in the business and the list is growing, the price of those machines are going to go down. Virtually, and I am prefacing virtually so that you know I'm not including everyone, everyone who wants to own a Medieval Madness could care less whether it's the original or not. What they care about is a machine that is an exact replica and plays without issues.

Also, quit insulting people and saying they are not ready for a logical debate. You don't know the person and have no business making remarks like that.

#222 10 years ago
Quoted from Hondanut:

YOU ARE A BUZZ KILL!

Holy mother of all run on sentences Batman!!

#223 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Attempting to undermine his arguements by attacking his join date or implying that he had to re-roll will not have the intended effect, aside from giving you an easy out. Calling him naive implies that you are wiser, so share some wisdom that isn't laced with a sh*t attitude.

Also, maybe launder your underwear and get the fiberglass out of them, and you won't project such a negative aura. You do realize that not everything about pinball machines is "collectibility", or "being better", or "resale", or "value retention"...right? That was rhetorical: obviously you don't.

Pinball is a comparatively cheap hobby compared to many, many others, thus the silent majority couldn't give a rat's arse if their MMr drops 8.93% in value because they plugged it in, or that MM is "better" than MMr because of a few differences, or even that MMr, or The Hobbit, or Stern_Title_X, will have an issue or 10 down the road...some people love pinball for what it is.

If fact, it's the untempered hoardists, flippers, value-Nazis, and vintage snobs that sour the hobby and forums...Debbie and Nancy...

#224 10 years ago

Teekee needs a...

main_2.JPGmain_2.JPG

#225 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

We all hope that we can sell stuff we buy for close to what we paid for it.
But the long term reality is that as our generation starts to pass away, the next generation will not have the fond memories of pinball that we did growing up. The values of pins will then start to decline .
Adjusted for inflation, only a handful of titles are now worth more than they cost new.

I would give you hope Vid, I think if you were to look at the demographic of todays pinball table ownership you'd find a growing percentage never had fond memories of playing pinball in their younger years. I know I'm one, and a lot of owners I've met didn't grow up playing them as kids either. Maybe we aren't the bulk of the resurgence but I think the effects of us 'noobs' is measurable. If nothing else, it would mean pinball won't disappear when this generation ends.

#226 10 years ago
Quoted from rubberfist:

yep, buy it. enjoy it..

#227 10 years ago

these things are toys. fantastic amazing incredible toys, but toys nonetheless.

you can't really play a rare stamp or coin or baseball card. all you can do is look at it and be like "yup ... that one's worth X thousand dollars ... " no offense, but that bores the shit out of me. I have a friend who collects star wars figures, his most prized ones still in the original packaging. I just find that depressing and misguided. what the heck can you do with a package? 1) look at it, 2) brag about it, 3) sell it. what a waste of time, ego and money.

I doubt MMRLE will go up in value, but what do I know, I'm pretty new to the hobby. I'm getting one because it seems both cheaper than and superior to the original game, which I love.

some people think the MMR is a step backwards because it's replicating an old game, but I think PPS's platform has tremendous potential. it could be the biggest innovation since the changeover to solid state electronics. emulating all those old boards in software means you can do almost anything with the machine with merely a software update. someone once said MMRLE is like an old musclecar reproduction with a generic 4-banger under the hood. it seems more to me like an old musclecar with a warp drive.

#228 10 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

I have a friend who collects Star Wars figures, his most prized ones still in the original packaging. I just find that depressing and misguided. what the heck can you do with a package? 1) look at it, 2) brag about it, 3) sell it. what a waste of time, ego and money.

thats just your opinion. if your friend gets enjoyment out of collecting, spends a shitload of money on stuff he just ogle's, so be it ... hes got his moneys worth .... and hes got his money in something he obviously loves doing.

#229 10 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

these things are toys. fantastic amazing incredible toys, but toys nonetheless.
you can't really play a rare stamp or coin or baseball card. all you can do is look at it and be like "yup ... that one's worth X thousand dollars ... " no offense, but that bores the shit out of me. I have a friend who collects Star Wars figures, his most prized ones still in the original packaging. I just find that depressing and misguided. what the heck can you do with a package? 1) look at it, 2) brag about it, 3) sell it. what a waste of time, ego and money.

That's your opinion but people enjoy many things in many different ways. Collecting things is about as common and American as apple pie. You don't have to understand it but to call it depressing and misguided... well, that's just depressing and misguided.

#230 10 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

I have a friend who collects Star Wars figures, his most prized ones still in the original packaging. I just find that depressing and misguided. what the heck can you do with a package? 1) look at it, 2) brag about it, 3) sell it. what a waste of time, ego and money.

I still play with my Star Wars toys occasionally. They are all out of the packages though.

#231 10 years ago

I sold an NES cart for $55K. I still played it when I owned it. The guy who bought it from me got it encased in acrylic. To each their own.

#232 10 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

I sold an NES cart for $55K. I still played it when I owned it. The guy who bought it from me got it encased in acrylic. To each their own.

#233 10 years ago

I actually bought it from another Pinsider. He had played the game as well. We were the last 2 to play it and we had saved games on it when it was encased.

#234 10 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I still play with my Star Wars toys occasionally. They are all out of the packages though.

Did you see anything??? No sir, I didn't see you playing with your dolls again!

#235 10 years ago

I bet she gives great helmet!

Space balls would make an excellent pin!

#237 10 years ago

Well, a wise man once told me, "If you cant be good, be arbitrary!"

#238 10 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

I met a guy recently who claimed to own a prototype Sega Genesis Tetris cartridge. He said another known copy sold for $1M! Maybe we're all collecting the wrong stuff!

Edit: I just googled it and see that one was listed for $1M, but was only worth $15000-$20000. Even so, that's still a lot of dough.

#239 10 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I met a guy recently who claimed to own a prototype Sega Genesis Tetris cartridge. He said another known copy sold for $1M! Maybe we're all collecting the wrong stuff!

i mean ... if you're just looking for a solid financial investment ... don't buy a pinball machine!

#240 10 years ago

I met a guy recently who claimed to own a prototype Sega Genesis Tetris cartridge. He said the other known copy sold for $1M! Maybe we're all collecting the wrong stuff!

Well he's full of shit. Haha. I sold the only Proto of Zelda for NES, which was once owned by Howard Phillips and that was the largest amount ANY video game ever sold for publicly. But yes I've made much more money selling video games than pins. The worlds leading Proto expert is also a member here.

#241 10 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Well he's full of shit. Haha. I sold the only Proto of Zelda for NES, which was once owned by Howard Phillips and that was the largest amount ANY video game ever sold for publicly. But yes I've made much more money selling video games than pins. The worlds leading Proto expert is also a member here.

Very interesting. In case I ever stumble across one, how do you know a prototype cartridge when you see it?

#242 10 years ago

Very interesting. In case I ever stumble across one, how do you know a prototype cartridge when you see it?

It'll look like ass. Haha. But seriously here is a start.

http://www.nintendoplayer.com/protos

#243 10 years ago

After playing a NIB WOZ for the first time last night, I'd have to pass on the MMr and go for a WOZ at $8k... The WOZ was a blast to play and a beautiful machine.

#244 10 years ago
Quoted from Hudson:

After playing a NIB WOZ for the first time last night, I'd have to pass on the MMr and go for a WOZ at $8k... The WOZ was a blast to play and a beautiful machine.

Your damm straight!!! That WOZ is the best NIB out there now.. I have the Emerald City LE #103 I love it. It had a couple bugs I had to work with the sound card and filter but plays and looks awesome.. My next NIB will be LEMMr.

#245 10 years ago

To answer the op topic-No, not in my world anyway. If I had $8000.00 dollars to spend on pinball I would buy 3-4 $2000.00 pins instead.
The simple question I asked myself to get this answer was is MM $6000.00 more fun than my EATPM or JM when I owned it?
Nup

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 64.99
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 245 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-if-you-had-800000-to-spend-would-you-buy-the-remake/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.