Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by nighttaco
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pezpunk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 10 years ago

1. I think the tech inside this game is anything but "old tech". in fact, it sounds like they are making some significant innovations regarding boards and wiring and ease of maintenance, etc.

copied from another thread:

I just played the prototype yesterday. It is awesome! It plays just like the original with their new electronics. It's still early in the stages but it is a phenomenal copy of the original. It is running with Williams software and their own new electronics. I will say from a technician's view, the new system is incredible. It will make service so easy. Connectors for switches, no lamp or switch matrix, interchangeable processor/driver boards, a reliable cpu, a lot less wires. Did I say a lot less wires, I mean like hardly any! As for reliability, these surface mount LED's and components have improved so dramatically with cell phones that there is no reason to ever consider building a pinball the old way. Let me ask, who's worried about the bouncing of their cell phone in their pocket? I really think the vibration issue isn't an issue at all. As for the LED's, they look great! Their light fill the lenses completely, with a perfect hue and no strobing at all. The cabinet looks better than any repro I've seen. I'm not just saying that, I'd stake my 35 years in the industry on it.

2. I'm saying this as a MMRLE buyer: I think it's irrational to expect its resale value to rise, particularly in the short term. I think it would be healthier for the hobby if it didn't. But I'm no oracle, so who knows.

3. This is my first NIB pin, and I had no plans to buy a Stern or JJP machine, so my money is totally new to the industry, and due to this repro. (I will say I think WoZ looks amazing and I'm not criticizing Wizard of Oz, but if they did a theme I happen to be passionate about, I would likely be in line for one of their machines as well)

#19 10 years ago

well, one good thing about the LEs selling out in three hours ... i'm pretty sure Chuck E. Cheese didn't get any!

#26 10 years ago

I thank you for your pedantic reply to my goofy joke.

#30 10 years ago

shaker is both a minor difference and a common mod. anyway, couldn't you just disconnect the lead to the motor and viola, original?

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from SwampMan:

Are you telling me that i'm wrong?

i'm telling you you're being an annoying poindexter by getting technical over a point everyone already understands, in response to a silly joke.

#35 10 years ago

Ten years is a long wait to bash some castles, in my opinion.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pezpunk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-hypothetically-if-i-bought-20-fs-at-8500?tu=pezpunk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.