View topic image gallery

143636.jpg
product_detail_black_lg.jpg
bbhigh.png
bblow.png
inside mmr.jpg
inside head mmr.jpg

#1 10 years ago

It was stated during the PPE seminar that he had numerous pictures of the completed Proto but had trouble uploading them to his computer. I would really love to see some additional pictures. Are we going to get a better look?

#2 10 years ago

bump and hoping to see

#3 10 years ago

Bump.

#4 10 years ago

Heh, one would think that in late 2013, pictures involving a multimillion dollar project would have been published by now.

#5 10 years ago

Shouldn't it look and play identical to the original? If I were buying one it had better...just sayin'.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Shouldn't it look and play identical to the original? If I were buying one it had better...just sayin'.

I am mostly interested in close ups of the new driver boards, electronics, etc. High resolution so we can see whats actually going on. If it is a legal thing, and Rick is waiting for WMS approval, that makes sense, but wish he would just mention that. I am in for the MMRLE and am very excited, and more pictures would just make the wait more bearable.

#7 10 years ago

Bump.

#8 10 years ago

Anything?

#9 10 years ago

C'mon guys. We are pretty early into this thing to ask for pics don't you think? We all know what a MM looks like, and there is obviously not a finished game in existance to take pics of. Lets not make more of this than it is.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

C'mon guys. We are pretty early into this thing to ask for pics don't you think?

Rick offered these pics but hasn't followed through yet. I hope this isn't a foreshadowing of things to come.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

C'mon guys. We are pretty early into this thing to ask for pics don't you think? We all know what a MM looks like, and there is obviously not a finished game in existance to take pics of. Lets not make more of this than it is.

People are just curious what it looks like under the hood. Rick did say he would get some pics posted, so I'm sure he will.

#12 10 years ago

C'mon, guys. Not everybody has a digital camera.

Oh, wait...

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

I would really love to see some additional pictures.

I'm still confused....I haven't seen ANY pictures yet.... link????

#14 10 years ago

It's only a big deal because he specifically stated pictures would be taken this weekend. It was assumed that they would be uploaded shortly after, which seemed likely. I guess not.

#15 10 years ago

Based on what Rick has said, there should be no delays in photos. He has said that there are pics. Hasn't mentioned that there are other issues (i.e. licensing, approval, etc). Seems really odd that no pics have been posted in the last few weeks. Its not that hard...

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#17 10 years ago

inside head mmr.jpginside head mmr.jpg inside mmr.jpginside mmr.jpg
#18 10 years ago

I love that little board...one thing I hate about B/W repairs is disconnecting 50 connectors and pulling those big boards out.

#19 10 years ago

As you mentioned it looks like a BeagleBoard, specifically the shape and color of a BeagleBone white. Looks like the upper right slot is micro SD, which corresponds to the photo below. However, I don't see the long chip with white text on it to the lower left of that slot. It's safe to assume the board is mounted face-down to interface directly with the custom motherboard below. I also see the micro HDMI cable at the top which loops back down to the LCD. That means there is a micro HDMI to HDMI adapter cable considering there are no micro HDMI LCD monitors that I know of.

Considering they also said it will be running the original software, they are running a WPC-95 emulator. I imagine they are only emulating the CPU and have implemented hacks for sounds and dots, as the A/V board ASIC would be much more difficult to emulate I imagine. Just have the emulator intercept the A/V calls and play an MP3 file, or a series of 128x32 PNGs, etc.

bblow.pngbblow.png bbhigh.pngbbhigh.png

#20 10 years ago

Hmm, I thought that by the cabling going to where it goes in that picture, it was a BeagleBone Black. I remember in the other picture they took from expo, it looked like a CAT5 going in the bottom and a USB going in the top. I could be wrong though.

Kinda makes me wonder how "different" this setup might be from the DMDExtender setup as the BeagleBoards are very similar to the Raspberry Pi's and they're both sending their signal to an LCD....

product_detail_black_lg.jpgproduct_detail_black_lg.jpg

143636.jpg143636.jpg
#21 10 years ago

Looks like the BeagleBone is plugged in upside down to interface with the motherboard, like with the Pi and DMD Extender.

#22 10 years ago

Looks cool, I am kind of surprised they even put a board in the back box, it could all just go underneath?

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Looks cool, I am kind of surprised they even put a board in the back box, it could all just go underneath?

If they didn't put a board in the backbox then people would be up in arms about the re-arranged weight distribution causing gameplay to be different, a shift in the poles, and the ultimate destruction of the ozone layer.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I love that little board...one thing I hate about B/W repairs is disconnecting 50 connectors and pulling those big boards out.

As much as I appreciate original hardware, this is a point that I just can't argue with.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Yeah, they should do that, and just fill the backbox with candy.

#26 10 years ago

We are building matter and anti-matter weight kits to insure that the weight is redistributed exactly the way it originally was to insure proper game play. The anti-matter kits are giving us a little challenge but we will get it soon ...

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

We are building matter and anti-matter weight kits to insure that the weight is redistributed exactly the way it originally was to insure proper game play. The anti-matter kits are giving us a little challenge but we will get it soon ...

Use a flux capacitor to get the harmonic wave inline with the anti-matter vessel which will then create a magnetic pulse to evenly distribute the weight so the overly anal (who are most worried about correct weight distribution) will quit whining and sleep better at night......jeez!

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

We are building matter and anti-matter weight kits to insure that the weight is redistributed exactly the way it originally was to insure proper game play.

You should take a break from that, grab a camera, and take some more detailed pics of the game...

#29 10 years ago

One thing's for certain, Rick:

If this is the setup that eventually gets approved for production, you've inadvertently opened up the MMR to a new market of collectors. Those with vehicles too small to fit a WPC DMD-era pin without removing the backbox!

Think about it. If all there is in the backbox is that little board with it's couple of molex connectors and what looks like a CAT5 and a USB, I can just imagine all those people with their compact-class wagons rejoicing that they can WAY more easily remove the backbox to transport the MMR in their car! It's no longer a "mountain too high to climb".

I think you may have just sold another 20.

#30 10 years ago

Just an observation, but if the back-box board that small why not stick it in the cabinet?

Thus making the removal of the back-box even easier, and I guess easier to put weights in to simulate the real back-box weight of the original...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs
Armor and blades
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 64.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods
Decals
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs
Other
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wolcott, CT
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-how-about-more-pictures and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.