143.JPG
138.JPG
135.JPG
140.JPG
136.JPG
134.JPG
132.JPG
133.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KoolMoeCraig.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#67 9 years ago

"But, but this is the company.....Vacation pinball...piece of shit....quality isn't going to be......the same....fake....not going to play like the original........1 small PCB in backbox.........William's Logo..........." - Blathering of every bitter MM owner on Pinside

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Thanks for the insightful post!

I'm glad you found it insightful but I was just going for humorous with a tinge of rabble-rousing.

How'd I do, cutie?

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You are special.
Always remember that.

I'm glad you think I'm special but I was just going for humorous with a tinge of rabble-rousing.
Mission accomplished.

#82 9 years ago

The $8000 price is definitely because "they can" and nothing more.

#92 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Then I would suggest you guys go for it. Build some cheap cabs and crank out some games -- easy millions, right?

No need. I was one of the first to order the remake.

That doesn't mean that I'm blind to the fact that $8000 was the price because that was the recent price established as "normal" by Wizard of Oz and the Stern "LE's"

The remake has swallowed up a ton of money from the collector market. That's the reason prices have dropped on almost every pin across the board. The next remake will definitely be lower in price.

#96 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

price-police.jpg 55 KB

"That joke would be so much better if there was actually a pinball machine in the bed." - Every person looking at that picture

#146 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

We have to remember our little hobby bubble is a fraction of what this type of market really is. Lets take a look at the Namco remakes. The brand new Namco Pac-Man machines are around $3000. You can get an original Pac-Man for like $300. To "us"...hobbyists...the NIB price is crazy...however, they're clearly selling! At least with MMr, it's selling for less than what originals cost!

Not really. To compare you'd have to say a fully restored Pac-Man which would be around $1500. Then factor in that it includes Galaga, a larger screen and warranty and there is more perceived value. Could probably get $2000 for a restored one with both games.

The best thing about the MM remake is the money it sucked out of the market causing prices to drop. I hope it continues.

#163 9 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

You are overlooking inflation. $1.00 back in 1997 is the equivalent of $1.46 now in 2014. Just that alone makes $8K in 2014 equivalent to $5480 in 1997.

And you are overlooking the massive drop in parts and component costs. Not to mention the design was already done.

Before Stern figured out he could soak people for LE's, games were around $5000 in todays dollars.

People need to stop trying to justify $8000 being a reasonable and "needed" price. It was $8000 because originals were going for $15,000 and the demand was there. Period. It's not because that's what they need to charge to make money. Give me a break. Hell, with how quickly they sold out, I bet they were kicking themselves for not asking $9000.

Also, GOOD FOR THEM! Everyone knew the demand was there and they were the only ones who took on the huge effort to get it done. The fact that they pissed off a bunch of greedy collectors is just icing on the cake for me.

I ordered one of the first hundred units and I'm looking forward to it. I hope Cactus Canyon is the next remake. I'm almost positive it is. It's the only Williams machine from that era that would allow a similar profit margin. In fact, I'll bet $100 that it will be the next remake. It'll most likely have to have a lower price as MMR has sucked a ton of cash from the market.

#171 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I was with you until you wrote that.

Well, I'll take that as an improvement in relations.

Back when it was announced, there were tons of "collectors" who slammed them for daring to remake a game that devalued theirs. To me I just think that the more people that have a chance to own a game they love, the better. To actively be against that is just terrible and greedy to me.

#180 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

And to actively take pleasure from others losing money like you did is just as bad.

Not only would I take pleasure, I would lick their salty tears.

Greed is despicable and it hurts the hobby(and everything else). Luckily, it didn't seem to be a majority. Most MM owners that I talked to had the attitude of "I love the game and would never sell it anyway" and "I'm glad people with less money will be able to afford one now".

To actually post on here, like some did, things like "I am getting out of this hobby if I cannot trust in my investment" means you couldn't care less about your fellow hobbyists. Buh bye and good riddance. Those douches were the reason for the run-up in prices to begin with and their exit is glorious. All they cared about was themselves.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 64.99
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KoolMoeCraig.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-home-run-my-visit-to-chicago-gaming-on-517?tu=KoolMoeCraig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.