8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by RGman
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Settings.jpg
    #1 8 years ago

My MMRLE GI lighting is not always on. In fact GI lighting is only on when a castle is destroyed or multiball is achieved and only for so long as the flashers celebrating the accomplishment, then they go back out. The playfield therefore is very dark most of the time during play, illuminated by the flashers. GI tests show no error and GI lights work fine during tests. According to the MMR manual (p 1-20, para T.6) GI lighting strings 5 & 6 are always on, but not for me. Also the MMR manual says GI lighting brightness can be adjusted in the MMR system menu, but I do not see this option in the MMR system menu. All advice appreciated. TIA

#2 8 years ago

http://www.chicago-gaming.com/ Please scroll down to the Help Desk under Support and open a ticket.

A couple thoughts. This really sounds like a loose connector. Please look around the underside of the playfield and check or push connectors for power to GI.

To adjust GI brightness, please open the coin door, hold the ESCAPE button down 5 seconds or so, this gets you into the CGC menu for adjusting LEDs, coils, DMD base colors, etc.

LTG : )

#3 8 years ago

Lloyd, can you please shed some light on the gentleman's last point regarding the GI lighting brightness? I see where the brightness for the backbox is adjustable, but cannot locate the adjustment for playfield GI.

#4 8 years ago
    Quoted from RGman:

but cannot locate the adjustment for playfield GI.

Did you read this part ?

Quoted from LTG:

To adjust GI brightness, please open the coin door, hold the ESCAPE button down 5 seconds or so, this gets you into the CGC menu for adjusting LEDs, coils, DMD base colors, etc.

It's in the CGC adjustments.

#5 8 years ago

I did read that, but I do not see the setting. Below is a snapshot of the lighting adjustment menu. I don't see brightness for the playfield GI. What am I missing? Settings.JPGSettings.JPG

#6 8 years ago

The part that says INCANDESCENT EMULATION.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. That is the only thing you can play with for the GI and inserts.

#7 8 years ago

No worries. Yeah, I've played with the speed before but thought perhaps I was navigating the menu wrong when I couldn't find the brightness. I've seen where others have added spot lights to brighten up the playfield and think I'll go that route. Thanks!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-gi-lighting-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.