• Latest reply 8 years ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Voltar.jpg
#1 8 years ago

There is one on craigslist. I don't if this legit seems like a good price. Is this something I should entertain. I am looking at xmenle but I have always wanted a MM.
This could be a scam, I am waiting a call back but was looking for some more info. Also I haven't been following MMR because I was looking to buy until it settled down but what is up with the sling damage concern? Thanks, Mike

#2 8 years ago

The sling damage thing is a joke - ok some are really angry I get that for the price paid (thats it for the diplomatic me today) I looked at a friends MM that is in amazing condition it has the same damage… The game is fine the cracking has not spread and if I was lucky enough to buy it I would ask for $1.00 off because of it. However, I would be shocked if the price was already that low on the MMR because demand has not kept up with supply. however, somebody needs money fast the price could be in the real range.

On second thought - some sound problems does exist on MMR that I have read about and the patch is not in to my knowledge but its fixable and the warranty is not transferable, so your getting more risk on a secondhand one… 7K is fair but they could do better I think.

#3 8 years ago

well according to people selling them lately it should be 9k or up

but always watch out for the scams

#4 8 years ago

what's the sling damage?

#5 8 years ago

I guess I don't see how $7K is that out of line. The game has a potential unlimited supply (not just LE's being produced) and is $8K NIB. The only thing that could pump the price to stay at $8K or even go higher is just that people whom pre-ordered are still waiting for a machine. I see MMR taking the same route as 90%+ of pinball machines in that they depreciate vs appreciate just because of the supply.

It may be a scam but the $7K price just seems like someone looking for a quick sale with realistic expectations on where the market will go (or is going).

#7 8 years ago

Haven't heard back yet so we will see.

#8 8 years ago

Never heard back either its been 3 days. Be very careful.
Harley D

#9 8 years ago

I am going with too good to be true probably is.

#10 8 years ago

I emailed "Bill" with the mmrle craigslist ad 3 times over 3 days and got no response.

#11 8 years ago

You know it's a scam, so don't even give the troll the satisfaction of you emailing them.

#12 8 years ago

Since we know it is the scam, what is its purpose? To get cell numbers?

#13 8 years ago

I think the add is now gone.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Since we know it is the scam, what is its purpose? To get cell numbers?

It's just so someone can jerk off knowing they got your hopes up.

If you gave them your name, email or phone number, they are probably jerking off to your picture on facebook right now.

MMR is only a few months old, and not even all the first day orders have been delivered. So there is no chance that John Q Public just happens to have found one in their dad's basement.

The ONLY people who could have known to order one the first day are Pinsiders, so it would be listed here for 9K before it would ever go on CL.

#15 8 years ago

Whoever made that ad is a tool. IMO MMR resale value will eventually be in the $6500-$7000 range. It may take a year or two. Sit tight.

#16 8 years ago

The ad really wasn't out of line price wise. The people that are asking 9k are on crack.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I guess I don't see how $7K is that out of line. The game has a potential unlimited supply (not just LE's being produced) and is $8K NIB.

Never understood this argument. Virtually every pinball machine ever made, including any modern Stern or JJP, has "potentially unlimited supply". Personally I doubt they will make many standards and the run of let's say generously 1500 remakes will still be far fewer than the vast majority of pinball machines ever made, almost certainly fewer than what Stern is pumping out for each of their titles.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Whoever made that ad is a tool.

This.

#19 8 years ago

I am going to pick up an xmenle for 5,500 and that is limited to 550 between the two LEs and no premiums. I just don't see how when things settle down a huo MMR will be more than 7k. It is true some LEs hold value but if premiums/ standards are produced the price in General should drop.

#20 8 years ago

Comparing how a limited Medieval Madness holds it's value to an X-Men holding its value is like comparing how a BMW holds it's value as opposed to a Kia. X-Men is just a bad game, sorry, had to say it!!

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I am going to pick up an xmenle for 5,500 and that is limited to 550 between the two LEs and no premiums. I just don't see how when things settle down a huo MMR will be more than 7k.

You can't compare two different games.

Some of a game's perceived value is emotional.

They only made 350 of Bally's Voltan Escapes Cosmic Doom in 1978.

There are probably 50 left today.

You can buy it for $1500.

Voltar.jpgVoltar.jpg

#22 8 years ago

I am just saying those are limited and mm's are not limited. I guess time will tell but I think in a year to 18 months you will be able to pick up huo for 7k. I mentioned Xmen because it was actually limited with no premium.

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I am just saying those are limited and mm's are not limited. I guess time will tell but I think in a year to 18 months you will be able to pick up huo for 7k.

What if things go the other way?

What if Rick dies and CG can't see eye to eye with WMS?

What if Rick decides the whole MMr debacle is too much trouble after all?

What if the 193 games delivered end up being the only games delivered?

-

One can never know what the future holds in store for us.

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

What if things go the other way?
What if Rick dies and CG can't see eye to eye with WMS?
What if Rick decides the whole MMr debacle is too much trouble after all?
What if the 193 games delivered end up being the only games delivered?
-
One can never know what the future holds in store for us.

Then it becomes a one-off game with a non-standard board-set and limited support and the price drops further.

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Then it becomes a one-off game with a non-standard board-set and limited support and the price drops further.

That's what I'm saying, you can never know what the future holds.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I am just saying those are limited and mm's are not limited. I guess time will tell but I think in a year to 18 months you will be able to pick up huo for 7k. I mentioned Xmen because it was actually limited with no premium.

i still dont get it. were there no standard xmen? also there is the fact that xmen is no medieval madness. value is a combination of supply and *demand*.

#27 8 years ago

I dream of a day when we don't spend 80% of our time on Pinside discussing used pin prices. How about how great MMR is and how everyone who owns one is super happy.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I dream of a day when we don't spend 80% of our time on Pinside discussing used pin prices. How about how great MMR is and how everyone who owns one is super happy.

Because most pins are used. Most pins bought and sold are used. As soon as one game is put on that NIB game it is used. Most people here do not buy new pins and would never think of spending $8K+ on a pin.

I have been doing this for many years and I have bought HUO but never new. So the only thing I am interested in is what I can get a pin for after someone else paid to open a box.

I do have a friend who just got his MMr and he is very happy. I am happy for him. I am also happy he got the SS version. And if her ever decides to sell I wonder what price he will get, for his used pin.

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from DuckBrian:

Comparing how a limited Medieval Madness holds it's value to an X-Men holding its value is like comparing how a BMW holds it's value as opposed to a Kia. X-Men is just a bad game, sorry, had to say it!!

Agreed. Price is driven by rarity and demand, not just rarity. Way more demand for MM than Xmen.

#30 8 years ago

I am saying it is demand and rarity. As supply increases it should get to a point where it will meet demand and the price will fall.

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I am saying it is demand and rarity. As supply increases it should get to a point where it will meet demand and the price will fall.

I hope it reaches that point because I'd love to pick one up in the next year or two. It would be a no-brainer for me in the $6-something range.

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I hope it reaches that point because I'd love to pick one up in the next year or two. It would be a no-brainer for me in the $6-something range.

For it to sell for $6k, it would have to lose 25% of it's value over 2 years.

I can't think of any recent pins that have lost 25% of their value, let alone the most beloved game of all time.

-

Even a Xmen pro does not sell for $3100, and it's not anyone's favorite game.

#33 8 years ago
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 64.99
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-for-7k and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.