(Topic ID: 296712)

MMr first run flippers feel weaker than my MBr and AFMr...

By Richard-NBA-SF2

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brianbannon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 2 years ago

Might want to rebuild all the flipper wear parts on your MMr. 2000 plays really isn't that much for a set of flippers, yet it would be the first thing I would try. I have around 21,000 plays on my MMr and it is on its 4th flipper rebuild. Flippers seem just as strong to me at default settings as they are on both AFMr and MBr, both of which have under 10,000 plays. My MMr is a very early 2015 build. I remember making some physical flipper adjustments right after I bought it NIB because there was some slight binding. No flipper troubles since.

1 week later
#10 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Ok! What physical adjustments? Bending the piece of metal behind the flipper coil?
Thanks!!

IIRC, and it has been since 2015, the binding had more to do with not enough space between the flipper crank and the bottom of the nylon bushing. Of course, what I dealt with years ago may have nothing to do with your flipper issue. I would suggest making a physical inspection and see where something is not working as smoothly as it should. FlippyD provided some good suggestions above. By the way, I am sure I didn't bend the coil stop--piece of metal behind the coil. Not sure why you would want to bend the coil stop. You might want to post some pics in here of your flipper mechs so we can see if there is anything that might look wrong.

In your original post you mention two different problems, weakness and slower response time. If your response time is off, check the gap on your cabinet switches to see when the switch engages and the flipper responds. Are there some shots that you simply can't make? MM is a very forgiving game with lots of easy shots and I can't think of any shots that can't be hit from a dead cradle.

Parts are available from Pinball Resource.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bettendorf, IA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brianbannon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-first-run-flippers-feel-weaker-than-my-mbr-and-afmr?tu=brianbannon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.