Johns_phone_Pinball_006.jpg
Johns_phone_Pinball_046.jpg
Johns_phone_Pinball_022.jpg
20150320_223523.jpg
1426867996293-565501177.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-03-14 at 5.43.49 PM.png
image.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

This is the official MMr Fan Club thread, created with the unanimous consent of the moderators and Robin.

Everyone who wishes to post in this thread, please read below as this thread has rules peculiar only to this thread that the moderators will enforce.

This thread is for members only. By member we reference those people who are fans of PPS and the MM remake that is allowing so many pinheads to acquire this hitherto out of reach title. This thread shall be similar to the one created for WOZ a few months back: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only

The objective of this thread is to create an environment where people who are excited about MMr, are enthusiastic about the remake and don't care about the various issues that come and go may post without fear of being mocked, criticized, attacked, or brought into a debate/argument they don't want to be a part of. In short this thread is intended to be a safe haven for people that only wish to make positive observations and well wishes and express their positive enthusiasm for the project.

To be clear, MMr has without question been a title of much controversy. This controversy has taken on many shapes over the past ten months. We understand there will be controversy continuing from now until many months after the product has shipped to all buyers. We understand there will be people who are not satisfied in some or every way with MMr.

In no way are we, the moderator team, saying you can't express your views or dissatisfaction with PPS/MMr or ask the tough questions, we are merely telling you that you cannot do so in this particular thread as . . . this thread is not designed to air your concerns, it is designed to be a safe haven for those that mostly lurk and afraid to say positive things. This thread is to be positive posts only.

-------------

Slightly changing topics, we expect those who are members of this thread to have a certain level of decorum and good behavior as well. There are some people who obviously will not be posting in this thread at all (the moderators are well aware of the people who have an issue with MMr) and this thread is expressly not a place for those people to be called out.

Similarly, one of the reasons MMr has received so much criticism is the shear public rejoicing many people expressed here on Pinside at those pinheads that had an original MM in their collection and lost perceived equity when the announcement was made. Do not use this thread to attack those people either, that would be a break of the rules. Do not use this thread to speculate on values of the original MM, that would be a break of the rules.

-------------

Anyway, if we are lucky perhaps Rick will post some things in this thread. If you do not like what Rick says you are certainly free to start another thread about it and discuss it there. Please do not bait Rick into an argument or debate, we are all happy to get information from Rick. Legitimate questions that are not passive aggressive will be allowed and legitimate non-negative discussion will be allowed but be advised there is zero tolerance to negativity in this one thread.

Finally, do not question the creation of this thread publicly in this thread. We intend to create similar threads with similar rules for any game from any manufacturer that has reasonably substantial controversy (if you are a manufacturer and want a similar thread for your game, PM me and I will start one for you with the approval of Robin and the other Mods). You can of course PM your displeasure or criticisms to me, another moderator, or Robin.

Thank you everyone in advance for making this thread the positive environment we all want it to be. So, who is the first member of the MMr fan club?

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I believe the last word that it was. When wasn't said, not at launch.

I may be wrong but since it comes with the full color LCD display, i believe it will only need a software update to be converted to full color? Or will there need to additional hardware as well?

4 weeks later
#95 9 years ago
Quoted from juanton:

Hmmm. Somehow I read this as Monster Bash is next.

You mis-read it then. BBB is what I saw.

#101 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

You guys would be really messed up if we had a few in parallel going ...

Nah, just really really broke!!!

#103 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

i'm in club
maybe we can get Robin to add an MMR to the pinball database so we can "(+) Add game link" to it, instead of the 1997 version?

I'm not sure if that will happen or not. We don't need MM to be ranked twice in database but maybe it can have its own designation without a separate ranking.

3 weeks later
#132 9 years ago

And I'll take his Joust.

Really glad to see this thread has stayed on topic and within the guidelines set forth. This is a fan club for fans of MMr only. Keep the posts good and positive gang.

1 year later
#252 8 years ago

People asked for an MMr safe haven thread; this one is it. I am bumping it per request.

2 months later
#275 8 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

I spoke with someone in tech support who said that the color DMD upgrade should be available very soon. He wouldn't give me a specific date but did confirm that it would be a free software upgrade.

There is zero chance this will be free in my view. There was some misunderstanding with the person you spoke with I am guessing.

#285 8 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

Usually when you purchase a device which contains software, you are entitled to free software upgrades for at least a year. Developers are constantly updating and adding new features but existing customers under maintenance/warranty are not charged for these features.

Gosh, I wish that was the case for video games I buy. They charge through the nose for DLC.

Anyway, this is a fan club thread, not the place for this discussion per se. A new thread should be started to discuss this issue.

1 week later
#290 8 years ago

How many of the LE's (approximately) remain to be ran?

3 weeks later
#305 8 years ago

All seems to be going well on the MMr front. Anyone know when they will be releasing those awesome 16 bit graphics? That is going to drive some sales I think.

4 months later
#311 7 years ago

Good to see the full color upgrade now becoming a reality. Congrats to the owners.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 64.99
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-fan-club-members-only?tu=tigerlaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.