Topic Stats

• 313 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Drewblood419
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 34 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

th_(resized).jpg
P1000721.jpg
P1000722.jpg
P1000725.jpg
P1000724.jpg
P1000727.jpg
P1010330.jpg
image.jpeg
Johns_phone_Pinball_006.jpg
Johns_phone_Pinball_046.jpg
Johns_phone_Pinball_022.jpg
20150320_223523.jpg
1426867996293-565501177.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-03-14 at 5.43.49 PM.png
image.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider netman63129.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#262 4 years ago

I have one of these. When is MMR going to be added to the database so that I can post a review?

#265 4 years ago

That's an interesting view on it that I hadn't thought of. Still, I think that it should have it's own rating and let the chips fall where they may. I'm not sure how this differs from LOTR and LOTRLE released six years later (splitting hairs I suppose). In addition, I expect that we will see other remakes since this one has been so profitable and popular, which is fine with me

1 week later
#266 3 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

...and better dots (when the color DMD is released)....!

Do we have a date on the release of the color DMD? Will owners be notified automatically? I've read that it may be a free upgrade?

1 month later
#273 3 years ago

I spoke with someone in tech support who said that the color DMD upgrade should be available very soon. He wouldn't give me a specific date but did confirm that it would be a free software upgrade.

#280 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

There is zero chance this will be free in my view. There was some misunderstanding with the person you spoke with I am guessing.

It is just software so no reason why it should not be free for those who already paid for MMR
Besides, if it is software, what is to keep anyone from copying it once released? It doesn't' make sense to charge for this.

#282 3 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

1) Software is work. It's not free
2) Software piracy is wrong, and the only thing that will stop folks from breaking the law is their morals or some sort of copy protection (which has not been discussed yet)
It makes sense to charge for it if they spent a considerable amount of money on it.

Usually when you purchase a device which contains software, you are entitled to free software upgrades for at least a year. Developers are constantly updating and adding new features but existing customers under maintenance/warranty are not charged for these features. This is common industry practice. Besides, I think that it is poor customer service to charge someone 8K for a device and then hit them up again a few months later for a software upgrade.

5 months later
#310 3 years ago

I don't usually care for extra figurines but that is cool!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Brownsburg, IN
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider netman63129.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside