Johns_phone_Pinball_006.jpg
Johns_phone_Pinball_046.jpg
Johns_phone_Pinball_022.jpg
20150320_223523.jpg
1426867996293-565501177.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-03-14 at 5.43.49 PM.png
image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 313 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
#249 8 years ago

Thanks for the reply guys! Any good recco on my sound issue? Its not a defect, I mean to say my problem with the quality. The music/effect drown out the voice over and shout outs. Super annoying. I feel like upgrading the speakers may work, but I'm not certain.

#250 8 years ago
Quoted from AdamTheHutt:

Thanks for the reply guys! Any good recco on my sound issue? Its not a defect, I mean to say my problem with the quality. The music/effect drown out the voice over and shout outs. Super annoying. I feel like upgrading the speakers may work, but I'm not certain.

I'm not sure you understand MMr, before it came out everyone already decided that it is in all ways better them MM and the sounds was going to of course be soooo much better then MM. Please stop questioning it and be assimilated.

#251 8 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

I'm not sure you understand MMr, before it came out everyone already decided that it is in all ways better them MM and the sounds was going to of course be soooo much better then MM. Please stop questioning it and be assimilated.

5 months later
#252 8 years ago

People asked for an MMr safe haven thread; this one is it. I am bumping it per request.

#253 8 years ago

I am very happy for all the new owners of the new MMR. Unfortunately, I decided to go a different way and refinance my house for 2.85% so I won't be getting MMR for 6-8 months.

#254 8 years ago

The wait sucked but I wanted to let you all know that the pin is great I have had mine for about a month now and the family is loving it.

John

Johns_phone_Pinball_022.jpgJohns_phone_Pinball_022.jpg

Johns_phone_Pinball_046.jpgJohns_phone_Pinball_046.jpg

Johns_phone_Pinball_006.jpgJohns_phone_Pinball_006.jpg

#255 8 years ago

Anyone replace their flipper bats or otherwise modify them? It seems like the lack of license "W" logo flipper bats is just begging to be modified, perhaps in some crazy way.

#256 8 years ago

I'm also curious what kind of crazy colors people have been trying out with the display. I'm seeing too many pictures with the stock green!

#257 8 years ago

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#258 8 years ago

Nice! Where did those sword flippers come from?

#259 8 years ago
Quoted from eyeguypec:

Nice! Where did those sword flippers come from?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mm-mmr-mods-from-hookedonpinballcom

Great quality mods!

#260 8 years ago

Got my black MMR yesterday! Besides the mantis protectors, what else are you guys doing?
Is there a mod to light up the trolls from underneath when they pop up? I really like how they did that on the Hobbit.
I was thinking of regular or gold mirror blades?

2 weeks later
#262 8 years ago

I have one of these. When is MMR going to be added to the database so that I can post a review?

#263 8 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

I have one of these. When is MMR going to be added to the database so that I can post a review?

Never, it's a MM with better sound. Review away!

#264 8 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

My speculation is that if Pinside did this, we would have quite a chaotic result. There would be 9-star and 10-star ratings for those who believe MMr is simply MM plus better sound and better dots (when the color DMD is released). However, there would be 1-star ratings from those who consider MMr the equivalent of a fake Rolex.

I would rather avoid seeing this drama played out in the reviews by keeping MM and MMr as a single title. Those who really want to see this drama played out can go here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mm-for-the-same-price-would-you-buy-original-or-remake

In the meantime, there's obviously a lot of enthusiasm for MMr in this thread!

#265 8 years ago

That's an interesting view on it that I hadn't thought of. Still, I think that it should have it's own rating and let the chips fall where they may. I'm not sure how this differs from LOTR and LOTRLE released six years later (splitting hairs I suppose). In addition, I expect that we will see other remakes since this one has been so profitable and popular, which is fine with me

1 week later
#266 8 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

...and better dots (when the color DMD is released)....!

Do we have a date on the release of the color DMD? Will owners be notified automatically? I've read that it may be a free upgrade?

#267 8 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

Do we have a date on the release of the color DMD?

Not yet. There have been hints that it's close, hopefully before the end of the year, but nothing definitive from CGC/PPS.

Quoted from netman63129:

Will owners be notified automatically?

Probably if they're charging for it. If it's free who knows?

Quoted from netman63129:

I've read that it may be a free upgrade?

Rick said this was a possibility in the early days after MMR was announced, but more recently has clarified that CGC spent a bunch of time and money doing the new color art. So there's basically no chance that anyone's getting it for free. On the plus side, it looks much cooler than anyone was expecting ...

#268 8 years ago

Are the playfield inserts very hard to read for your MMR? I just received mine yesterday and was taken back by the inability to clearly read the lettering on the plastic playfield inserts. At first glance I thought that it must be the led boards that are too bright but it almost looks like the lettering is to light of a black and that it's being washed out by the leds. Just wondering if everyone else's are the same and if there is anything to do about it? Thanks

#269 8 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

Are the playfield inserts very hard to read for your MMR? I just received mine yesterday and was taken back by the inability to clearly read the lettering on the plastic playfield inserts. At first glance I thought that it must be the led boards that are too bright but it almost looks like the lettering is to light of a black and that it's being washed out by the leds. Just wondering if everyone else's are the same and if there is anything to do about it? Thanks

It's possible there's a defect with your playfield, the ones I've played have all been perfectly readable. Any way you can post a picture?

#270 8 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

Virtually no one can say there is a difference between a NIB MMR and a NIB MM in terms of gameplay. Over 95% of Pinsiders never played an MM straight out of the box and the other 5% cannot convince me they have such a good memory they can compare the two. Just ludicrous.

#271 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

It's possible there's a defect with your playfield, the ones I've played have all been perfectly readable. Any way you can post a picture?

I tried taking some pictures and the only shot that comes close is the bottom insert in this picture and even this is better than in person. The clear inserts seem to be the worst.

P1010330.jpgP1010330.jpg

#272 8 years ago

Pictures of my MMr after unboxing! What a great game! The more I play the more I like! Just needs a display upgrade now. Anyone know when this will happen?

P1000727.jpgP1000727.jpg

P1000724.jpgP1000724.jpg

P1000725.jpgP1000725.jpg

P1000722.jpgP1000722.jpg

P1000721.jpgP1000721.jpg

1 month later
#273 8 years ago

I spoke with someone in tech support who said that the color DMD upgrade should be available very soon. He wouldn't give me a specific date but did confirm that it would be a free software upgrade.

#274 8 years ago

Hmmm. I certainly wouldn't complain if it was free. However, I'm counting on having to buy it.

#275 8 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

I spoke with someone in tech support who said that the color DMD upgrade should be available very soon. He wouldn't give me a specific date but did confirm that it would be a free software upgrade.

There is zero chance this will be free in my view. There was some misunderstanding with the person you spoke with I am guessing.

#276 8 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

There are 2 updates that need to be released. The pre-color update (w the tearing issue fixed and other bug fixes)...that will be free. It must be done first before the color update.

If the color upgrade is free too, that would
be a a fantastic surprise.

#277 8 years ago

I was told by someone at CGC that the color upgrade will NOT be free.

#278 8 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I was told by someone at CGC that the color upgrade will NOT be free.

Yea, that has been known for about 6 months.

#279 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

Yea, that has been known for about 6 months.

Apparently, not everyone knows. And btw, I knew about it 9months ago...so......

th_(resized).jpgth_(resized).jpg

#280 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

There is zero chance this will be free in my view. There was some misunderstanding with the person you spoke with I am guessing.

It is just software so no reason why it should not be free for those who already paid for MMR
Besides, if it is software, what is to keep anyone from copying it once released? It doesn't' make sense to charge for this.

#281 8 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

It is just software so no reason why it should not be free for those who already paid for MMR
Besides, if it is software, what is to keep anyone from copying it once released? It doesn't' make sense to charge for this.

1) Software is work. It's not free
2) Software piracy is wrong, and the only thing that will stop folks from breaking the law is their morals or some sort of copy protection (which has not been discussed yet)

It makes sense to charge for it if they spent a considerable amount of money on it.

#282 8 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

1) Software is work. It's not free
2) Software piracy is wrong, and the only thing that will stop folks from breaking the law is their morals or some sort of copy protection (which has not been discussed yet)
It makes sense to charge for it if they spent a considerable amount of money on it.

Usually when you purchase a device which contains software, you are entitled to free software upgrades for at least a year. Developers are constantly updating and adding new features but existing customers under maintenance/warranty are not charged for these features. This is common industry practice. Besides, I think that it is poor customer service to charge someone 8K for a device and then hit them up again a few months later for a software upgrade.

#283 8 years ago

Hopefully it's free to the folks that have had money tied up for over 2 years. Somthing like all LE customers get it free and standard customers pay a little extra for it

#284 8 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

CGC does not have a history of giving it's software upgrades away for free. Quite the contrary... see their Arcade Legends line.

#285 8 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

Usually when you purchase a device which contains software, you are entitled to free software upgrades for at least a year. Developers are constantly updating and adding new features but existing customers under maintenance/warranty are not charged for these features.

Gosh, I wish that was the case for video games I buy. They charge through the nose for DLC.

Anyway, this is a fan club thread, not the place for this discussion per se. A new thread should be started to discuss this issue.

#286 8 years ago

anyone install Trolls with LED eyes? PITA? Where did you hook up?

#287 8 years ago

Just sent my check in for an MMR standard. Though I'm sure not to get it for months, I'm really looking forward to it after playing it at shows and reading all the helpful MMR threads. Thanks for this thread in particular and the MMR NIB thread with all the solutions posted. A great community that helps keep me excited about the hobby.

#288 8 years ago

Didn't know you could pre order the standards already?

What's the release target on these? End of '16?

#289 8 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Didn't know you could pre order the standards already?
What's the release target on these? End of '16?

I ordered through a distributor whom I trust, but I have no idea when they'll ship (I said "months," but maybe it's longer), nor does the distributor. Maybe someone else on this thread can answer with more authority.

#290 8 years ago

How many of the LE's (approximately) remain to be ran?

#291 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

How many of the LE's (approximately) remain to be ran?

3-400 from my understanding.

#292 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

3-400 from my understanding.

Does anyone know about how many MM Stern builds (if parts are available) on average per week?

#293 8 years ago
Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

Does anyone know about how many MM Stern builds (if parts are available) on average per week?

Rick stated that they made about 150 in December, which was short of the goal. Production is definitely ramping up, and it seems they could crank out 150-250 per month going forward

#294 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

anyone install Trolls with LED eyes? PITA? Where did you hook up?

Yea I did, and it definately takes some time/work. You grab the voltage from the coils that lift the trolls.....

#295 8 years ago

Hey guys. When you press enter behind the coin box to enter testing, do your gi's flicker a bit? In game mode there is no sign of this. Thanks

3 weeks later
#296 8 years ago

Anyone who has received their MMR LE recently should read through this thread and check to see if your playfield is affected by this issue....
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-need-some-help/page/3

#297 8 years ago

I just received mine. It is a lot of fun. However, the left troll needs significantly harder hits to register a hit. Is there any possibilty to adjust the trolls in this regard.

Thanks for your feedback?

Eckhard

#298 8 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

I just received mine. It is a lot of fun. However, the left troll needs significantly harder hits to register a hit. Is there any possibilty to adjust the trolls in this regard.
Thanks for your feedback?
Eckhard

Yes. Each troll has a left switch behind it. See if you can make the gap a little tighter.

Marc

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 313 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-fan-club-members-only/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.