New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 100172)

MMr Fan Club - Members Only

By TigerLaw

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 313 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Drewblood419
  • Topic is favorited by 38 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 34 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

th_(resized).jpg
P1000721.jpg
P1000722.jpg
P1000725.jpg
P1000724.jpg
P1000727.jpg
P1010330.jpg
image.jpeg
Johns_phone_Pinball_006.jpg
Johns_phone_Pinball_046.jpg
Johns_phone_Pinball_022.jpg
20150320_223523.jpg
1426867996293-565501177.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-03-14 at 5.43.49 PM.png
image.jpg
image.jpg

There are 313 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.
#199 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

You seem very preoccupied with a game you aren't getting.

My interest in MMR is pretty well documented.

I have a pristine MM that I bought NIB in 1997 that is dialed in perfectly and still looks brand new. The only parts that aren't original are new rubbers, a ColorDMD, and a beautiful custom apron.

You, on the other hand, don't and have been spending your time waiting for MMR seemingly obsessed with my posts here and over at PPS. So, I hope you get your game soon to have something constructive to do ...

#200 5 years ago

Please go away

Quoted from jfh:

I have a pristine MM that I bought NIB in 1997 that is dialed in perfectly and still looks brand new. The only parts that aren't original are new rubbers, a ColorDMD, and a beautiful custom apron. Of course its dropping in value every day and sadly will be worth very little compared to a new game.

#201 5 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Didn't you read TaylorVA's post? MMR=MM.

(And I was one of the first members in the MMR Fan Club - announce day 2013. Once a member, always a member ...)

#202 5 years ago

Correct you are a "Member" : )

#203 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I have a pristine MM that I bought NIB in 1997 that is dialed in perfectly and still looks brand new. The only parts that aren't original are new rubbers, a ColorDMD, and a beautiful custom apron.
You, on the other hand, don't and have been spending your time waiting for MMR seemingly obsessed with my posts here and over at PPS. So, I hope you get your game soon to have something constructive to do ...

Oh my god my eyes rolled out of my head, I think they're under the fridge

#204 5 years ago

I was watching the captains auction in LA going on right now. MB just sold $10,250 plus tax and tip.. Hopefully PP takes note..

And to to keep it on topic, I called and my MMR pin is not in the 1st batch.

#205 5 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

I was watching the captains auction in LA going on right now. MB just sold $10,250 plus tax and tip.. Hopefully PP takes note..
And to to keep it on topic, I called and my MMR pin is not in the 1st batch.

holy cow !

#206 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I have a pristine MM

image.jpg

#207 5 years ago

whatchu talkin' 'bout willis ?

Screen Shot 2015-03-14 at 5.43.49 PM.png

#208 5 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Correct you are a "Member" : )

What are you, twelve?

You guys must realize by now I don't give a damn about your juvinile taunts and jabs. I don't know why think that your obsessiveness with my posting is going to result in anything other than my amusement.

#209 5 years ago

You must give a damn because your posting about it.
I think it's time you go play some games on your pristine MM.

#210 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

thanks, I do too

#211 5 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Here they are:image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Looks like # 36, #40, and #43 are built

#212 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Are you all getting gold trim?

Yes, gold.

Robert

#213 5 years ago
Quoted from larrys1:

Looks like # 36, #40, and #43 are built

Good eye.

#214 5 years ago

And my number is #27, which is hopefully in the back of a truck, heading towards buffalo new york Tomarrow! !

Yeah baaabbbby! ! I'll let you no when I officially get my pro number, they said tomarow it's shipping!! Keep the faith peeps! I love you all!!!

#215 5 years ago

Carriers just called me! I will have medieval maddness #27 in my basement tomarow! I will keep you guys posted after I plug it in.

Yeah baby!!

#217 5 years ago

Congratulations! I am looking forward to hearing what you think about it.

#218 5 years ago

#27 is in the building! Welcome to my realm!!

Will add more later, lockbox is scrached, not sure
if it bothers me yet? It's gonna happen reguardless, working on legs then leveling etc, very happy!!

1426867996293-565501177.jpg
#219 5 years ago

Lock down bar, not box, lol

#220 5 years ago

Does it come with the stern leg cabinet protectors?

#221 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Does it come with the stern leg cabinet protectors?

Yeah, it comes with the metal leg protectors installed. Seen on a few peoples pics so far.

#222 5 years ago
Quoted from mjm697:

if it bothers me yet? It's gonna happen reguardless, working on legs then leveling etc, very happy!!

1426867996293-565501177.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Yikes that double stool action is spooky looking

#223 5 years ago

I am glad to see the MMR's in peoples homes but now I am more anxious than ever to get mine. I think I will be the 3rd batch give or take.

#224 5 years ago

I contacted JJP today, pre-ordered August 2014 in black - told I will be in the next 250 count batch after Stern moves, likly shipping late April. Damn.

#225 5 years ago

Now that MMR has started coming in, I feel its safe to order. Where can I still order an LE?

#226 5 years ago
Quoted from mjm697:

1426867996293-565501177.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Jeez what is it gonna take to get a picture of the plaque? Every photo seems to be strategically covering it!

#227 5 years ago

Try twisted pins (travis) that's where I bought mine, the black plastic leg protectors did not come with game, pin is all set up and playing, looking forward to the color dmd upgrade though, to early to comment on game play, but it's new and awesome with the 2 games I just played, will add some pics on the "unboxing thread". Gold is hot! Glad they messed up my color!!!

#228 5 years ago
Quoted from Ryu21:

Now that MMR has started coming in, I feel its safe to order. Where can I still order an LE?

PinballSTAR Amusements is an authorized distributor and we have a few MMR LE's left - sold a few yesterday... When gone we will only have standards... Email for info - Sales@PinballSTAR.com...

Thanks, Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
570-357-0042
This was in another post.

I ordered mine thru PPS

#229 5 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Jeez what is it gonna take to get a picture of the plaque? Every photo seems to be strategically covering it!

from the pictures I have seen the "plaque" is just a decal on the apron. Not much to see.

#230 5 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

I contacted JJP today, pre-ordered August 2014 in black - told I will be in the next 250 count batch after Stern moves, likly shipping late April. Damn.

Thanks....
Maybe I'll be in your group.

#231 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

from the pictures I have seen the "plaque" is just a decal on the apron. Not much to see.

You saw wrong, it is not a decal, it is a plaque.

#232 5 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

You saw wrong, it is not a decal, it is a plaque.

Can we get a decent pic?

#233 5 years ago

Well......actually, it's not a plaque per say, nor a decal, but rather a cheap pieace of plastic attached to the apron, as you can see from mine the silkscreen is already coming off on the top, lol, this is definitely a weak link in the machine, but regardless, everything else makes up for this shortcoming, lol

20150320_223523.jpg
#234 5 years ago

I see a MOD coming for LE owners...

cool plaque mod. maybe optional existing or new locations for it.

#235 5 years ago

Boy way to go over the top on plaque. Now you know what $1.05 of the bom is.

#236 5 years ago

Oh who cares the game looks beautiful. Let's get them fired up and hear about playing.

#237 5 years ago

Yeah, "who cares" only have 8400.00 into this pin, I've found nicer trinkets in a 50 cent gumball machine! But machine is "fired up" game play is awesome, before you light me up, im only teasing guys, but the plaque? Or whatever you want to call it? Is less than desirable, so let's just let it go for arguments sake, Lol.this is a remake and the original did not have a "plaque" so it really doesn't matter if it's there or not, it has absolutely nothing to do with game play, which is awesome. again, no disapointments! Truly an amazing remake, glad to be part of this.

Only one issue, as of game play so far, as seen from my 15 or so games this evening, the merlin shot, "bricks out" quite often? Not sure if this was normal to the origanal ?or a slight adjustment? (Doesn't look adjustable) but will report back after thorough inspection.

#238 5 years ago
Quoted from mjm697:

Yeah, "who cares" only have 8400.00 into this pin, I've found nicer trinkets in a 50 cent gumball machine! But machine is "fired up" game play is awesome, before you light me up, im only teasing guys, but the plaque? Or whatever you want to call it? Is less than desirable, so let's just let it go for arguments sake, Lol.this is a remake and the original did not have a "plaque" so it really doesn't matter if it's there or not, it has absolutely nothing to do with game play, which is awesome. again, no disapointments! Truly an amazing remake, glad to be part of this.
Only one issue, as of game play so far, as seen from my 15 or so games this evening, the merlin shot, "bricks out" quite often? Not sure if this was normal to the origanal ?or a slight adjustment? (Doesn't look adjustable) but will report back after thorough inspection.

Merlin rejects are/were quite prevalent on the originals too. It is one of the few design flaws on the game.

#239 5 years ago
Quoted from mjm697:

Only one issue, as of game play so far, as seen from my 15 or so games this evening, the merlin shot, "bricks out" quite often?

If you mean it kicks back and right through to the pop area, this is normal on original. If it comes straight out back toward the flippers, never seen that.

Congrats, looks awesome. Look forward to trying one.

#240 5 years ago

You guys nailed it, it kicks back to the pop area, not towards the flippers, I guess they also successfully captured the original flaws as well,lol, great game, I can live with that, every pin, pops out once in awhile, part of game play, great pin, definitely part of my collection. Pps and stern really did a wonderful job on this one, but again the color dmd upgrade will really put on the finishing touches.

#241 5 years ago

Some video of gameplay would be great!
We love pinball!

#242 5 years ago
Quoted from mjm697:

Try a small piece of drop dead foam at the Merlin hole, it will help.

#243 5 years ago

Thanks, will look for the foam... I was contacted by a fellow pinsider in regards to mmr le purchase price, I paid 7995.00 period! No tax!

Pinsider said he found supplier that is selling le's for 8500.00?? Plus shipping!

I guess it's a free market? Pretty crapy if this is true? I bought mine from twisted pins (travis), not sure what he has availble?? But I assure you its not 8500.

Good luck, hope you all find what your looking for.

1 month later
#244 5 years ago

Hey guys, I just picked up my Gold this week in Toronto. I love it, but have a few questions for owners of the MMR. Sorry if they've been brought up, I skimmed through the 5 pages but didn't notice.

I was wondering if the following parts are fully compatible with the remake. I would assume so, but I don't want to eat those after spending a ton buying them, only to find they're off by a hair and don't fit.

I'm looking at getting Plastic protectors and the Merlin Cliffy from "Pinbits"
The complete cliffy set (which doesn't include Merlin one) from "Passion for Pinball"
Id love some Mirror blades, but again didn't know if the standard Williams ones fit.

Lastly, The voice over and call outs are really hard to hear at almost any volume level. The sound effects completely drown them out. Its a real disappointment. I love in games like Tron where you can change the volume of the sound effects to fix this issue. Anyways, are there any recommendations to fix that? New speakers?

Thanks!

#245 5 years ago

Nice to see people are getting their games. Hopefully the future games come quicker.
It's also great how this place is so all inclusive to everyone, as long as you don't ever disagree with people, this thread in particular.

Now before I get kicked or edited, I was positive about pps/mmr.Mods, I have not questioned your decisions either. this was clearly written before you ever did something about it.

#246 5 years ago
Quoted from AdamTheHutt:

The complete cliffy set (which doesn't include Merlin one) from "Passion for Pinball"
Id love some Mirror blades, but again didn't know if the standard Williams ones fit.

Cliffy and Mantis protectors will fit.

Mirror blades - same as standard Williams.

LTG : )

#247 5 years ago
Quoted from AdamTheHutt:

Hey guys, I just picked up my Gold this week in Toronto. I love it, but have a few questions for owners of the MMR. Sorry if they've been brought up, I skimmed through the 5 pages but didn't notice.
I was wondering if the following parts are fully compatible with the remake. I would assume so, but I don't want to eat those after spending a ton buying them, only to find they're off by a hair and don't fit.
Lastly, The voice over and call outs are really hard to hear at almost any volume level. The sound effects completely drown them out. Its a real disappointment. I love in games like Tron where you can change the volume of the sound effects to fix this issue. Anyways, are there any recommendations to fix that? New speakers?
Thanks!

I'd check the clearance before ordering mirror blades. It was extremely tight on my game.

#248 5 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

I'd check the clearance before ordering mirror blades. It was extremely tight on my game.

Agreed. You should do that on any game.

LTG : )

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
M&M Mods
$ 11.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Cambridge, MN
$ 89.99
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Columbus, OH
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Buffalo, WV
$ 139.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Bent Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Bent Mods
$ 39.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Concealed Art
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
8,000 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Drums, PA
$ 11.95
$ 209.00
$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Bent Mods
$ 229.99
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 313 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside