Topic Stats

• 313 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Drewblood419
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 34 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

th_(resized).jpg
P1000721.jpg
P1000722.jpg
P1000725.jpg
P1000724.jpg
P1000727.jpg
P1010330.jpg
image.jpeg
Johns_phone_Pinball_006.jpg
Johns_phone_Pinball_046.jpg
Johns_phone_Pinball_022.jpg
20150320_223523.jpg
1426867996293-565501177.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-03-14 at 5.43.49 PM.png
image.jpg
image.jpg

There are 313 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.
#149 5 years ago

Uncompressed high quality audio can enhance game play for some...

Quoted from jfh:

It may be better because it's newer, but I don't see how it can play better than a game it's copying.

#150 5 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Uncompressed high quality audio can enhance game play for some...

Sure, but when I see "plays better" I take that to mean better shots, rules and maybe mechanical (flipper) response, not it "sounds better".

#151 5 years ago

#152 5 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Was that at the texas show ? because I heard and saw the flippers looked very weak.

hi,

yes, at Texas Pin Fest earlier this year.
the flippers were great. i was able to nail every shot. Also, that tougher high-incline right ramp was much easier to get the ball all the way up & over on the new MMR's than on any original MM i've every played in about the last 5 years.

And when i played the 2 other original MM's at the show, you could see they (original MM's) weren't as strong, and they (original MM's) were both in use for the tournament.

ps. i don't own any stock or receive any form of equity or revenue from PPS (yet)

hope that helps.

#153 5 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

That was only when that whole row had line voltage issues. When I played it after hours, everything was great. I really did like it and am also pleased that the engineer took feedback I gave from that show and improved the lighting effects for the LEDs to make them ramp on and off, similar to the OCD LED board.
I look forward to playing labnip's!

come on down...

#154 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Can you explain why you think so?
It may be better because it's newer, but I don't see how it can play better than a game it's copying.

hi,

good question.
it could be a "newer" set of factors that lead to the "play better" take-away from the experience.
here's what i can think of:
a) shots were strong and powerful, making high ramp shots more successful than on all MM's i've ever played.
b) castle reaction to ball impact seemed more responsive (maybe quicker reaction time) than original MM's, and it looked/sounded really good in that action timing.
c) probably a well waxed new playfield helped.
d) probably new balls helped.
e) due to many of those factors, if seemed to be a faster ball game, while leveling felt good of the pin (and i watched them level both prior). think i have pix of that. I like my Tron LE a lot because of the speed of the game play, and the MMR has more of that speed feel to it. When you start hitting those successful shots, that single & multi-ball game action just gets fast and exciting. It was a very real rush.
f) Sound: i don't recall much about sound as it was loud at the TPF, but I could hear the game. Maybe could tell some differences in a quiet environment (but can't say anything about it at moment). The audio did seam well aligned to the physical action.

Each time I walked away from MMR, I had that adrenaline rush like I do from Tron. I had low to average expectations for it, knowing what playing MM is like (which I wanted to buy for years), but I have to tell you, maybe because it's new, maybe because of some tweaks, maybe because of what appears to be a much better light show, this game is a serious high-speed blast. After playing it at TPF this year, I can say, I'm very-very-very glad I've made this purchase. This is a keeper for sure that is going to get years of play and a few of my other pins are going to get really jealous.

here's some pix.

hope that helps,
b

_mmr-lights-1.jpeg
mmr_8.JPG
mmr_10.JPG
mmr_11.JPG
mmr_12.JPG
mmr_20.JPG
mmr_21.JPG
mmr_22.JPG
mmr_23.JPG

MMR-2.jpeg
mmr-lights-2.jpeg

#155 5 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

come on down...

labnip must already have his and is not telling anyone....

#156 5 years ago

#157 5 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

hi,
good question.
it could be a "newer" set of factors that lead to the "play better" take-away from the experience.
here's what i can think of:
a) shots were strong and powerful, making high ramp shots more successful than on all MM's i've ever played.
b) castle reaction to ball impact seemed more responsive (maybe quicker reaction time) than original MM's, and it looked/sounded really good in that action timing.
c) probably a well waxed new playfield helped.
d) probably new balls helped.
e) due to many of those factors, if seemed to be a faster ball game, while leveling felt good of the pin (and i watched them level both prior). think i have pix of that. I like my TRON LE a lot because of the speed of the game play, and the MMR has more of that speed feel to it. When you start hitting those successful shots, that single & multi-ball game action just gets fast and exciting. It was a very real rush.
f) Sound: i don't recall much about sound as it was loud at the TPF, but I could hear the game. Maybe could tell some differences in a quiet environment (but cay say anything about it at moment). The audio did seam well aligned to the physical action.
Each time I walked away from MMR, I had that adrenaline rush like I do from Tron. I had low to average expectations for it, knowing what playing MM is like (which I wanted to buy for years), but I have to tell you, maybe because it's new, maybe because of some tweaks, maybe because of what appears to be a much better light show, this game is a serious high-speed blast. After playing it at TPF this year, I can say, I'm very-very-very glad I've made this purchase. This is a keeper for sure that is going to get years of play and a few of my other pins are going to get really jealous.

Thanks for taking the time to explain.

(a), (c), (d) certainly made a difference compared to an average 15 year old routed MM when it comes to fast/strong, but don't think that's going to much different on a well cared for original. I've never had any trouble with the ramp shots (including damsel rescue) and sometimes I think that shot is too strong and going to break something.

f) is true on originals too, but I agree that volume needs to be turned up more than they seem to be on location.

MM is certainly a keeper and yes, your other pins will be jealous, so buy them all some new shiny PinGulps to distract them before you set up your MMR.

#158 5 years ago

The green castle lighting seems to be brighter / more pronounced.

Really wish I could read the time stamp on your phone ...

#159 5 years ago

Dammit labnip = you posting these pics may me want to buy one again. Maybe an alternate solution to your space woes is to store it in my shop. Its climate controlled AND I'll give you a key. Fair?

Tell you what, I'll build a walk in Humidor in the shop where you can have a large dedicated space. I'll also let you store your TOM. Deal??

#160 5 years ago

mmmmmm humidor

#161 5 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

mmmmmm humidor

cigar-1.jpg 24 KB

That's exactly what I want you to envision when thinking about this idea.

1 week later
#162 5 years ago

I hope I'm wrong, but with Halloween around the corner...nothing would be more frightning than MMRLE getting pushed back again. I was really hoping to see this in my house before Thanksgiving... now I'm worried before New Years.

#163 5 years ago

I hope there is an update to make the dmd use all colors. I'm just meh about one solid color...

1 month later
#164 4 years ago

I guess it's not going on the line this week, but according to the last update it's really really close.

#165 4 years ago

I'm having a pin party Jan 19th. Hope it is here before then!

3 weeks later
#166 4 years ago

I was in contact with Rick yesterday and I posted on the PPS website but just wanted to post here as well. The communication was very positive and I appreciated the openness and honesty. I am jdcdiffey on the PPS forum.

John

#167 4 years ago
Quoted from 1967Firebird:

I was in contact with Rick yesterday and I posted on the PPS website but just wanted to post here as well. The communication was very positive and I appreciated the openness and honesty. I am jdcdiffey on the PPS forum.
John

So are you saying that they are on schedule with starting production Jan. 12/15 as previously announced by Rick himself?

#168 4 years ago

I

Quoted from Nilroc:So are you saying that they are on schedule with starting production Jan. 12/15 as previously announced by Rick himself?

I will let Rick tell you all specifics but just wanted to report as a customer of Ricks he is doing everything he can to get the MMR out to everyone ASAP. It was a great conversation and I called him because my wife and I had a conversation and she brought up some great points and concerns and I communicated with Rick the next day.

John

1 month later
#169 4 years ago

Unboxing video. Anyone?

#170 4 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Unboxing video. Anyone?

Requires a box first.

#171 4 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Unboxing video. Anyone?

Rick's 2/17 update on the PPS Forum said Stern had finished the first 10 games and would be boxing them up this week (presumably for transport to CGC from whence they will ship), with another ~ 15 currently on the line. So it seems reasonable to expect that CGC will start shipping them out next week. If all that's correct, hopefully not too long until MMR starts arriving on people's door steps!

#172 4 years ago

PPS Update
Will be producing 35 per week to just under 250 units before Stern moves.

#173 4 years ago

Fan club thread Jfh!

1 week later
#174 4 years ago

Rick just posted an update on the PPS forum.

#176 4 years ago

Hot damn!!

#177 4 years ago

informative update. sounds like they will ship early next week.

(again)

#179 4 years ago

Sweet!!!

#180 4 years ago

Good news, but I'll try not to get excited. We black-trim folks have some waiting yet to do.

#181 4 years ago

Here they are:image.jpg

#182 4 years ago

4-realz ?

#183 4 years ago

woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as a pinhead of the '90s I can't even express how excited I am to open a NIB MM.

#184 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
as a pinhead of the '90s I can't even express how excited I am to open a NIB MM.

So excited you forgot a letter on MMR ...

Hope you don't have too much longer to wait ... Nothing like opening a NIB game!

#185 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

So excited you forgot a letter on MMR ...
Hope you don't have too much longer to wait ... Nothing like opening a NIB game!

nope, no omission on my part. It will be a MM in my lineup as no one that comes to play will give a shit.

#186 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

nope, no omission on my part. It will be a MM in my lineup as no one that comes to play will give a shit.

Wait, you think they'll be able to enjoy it with the new boards and no coin mechs? Inconceivable!

#187 4 years ago

I recently was asked to pay in full, as I was in the first 250 units.

No other info and no notice yet of mine being shipped, but it looks close new.

Robert

#188 4 years ago

Was contacted buy pps today, I'm in the first batch, he is hoping to ship it out monday!! I'm excited!! Best phone call of the year!!!

#189 4 years ago

Are you all getting gold trim?

#190 4 years ago
Quoted from mjm697:

Was contacted buy pps today, I'm in the first batch, he is hoping to ship it out monday!! I'm excited!! Best phone call of the year!!!

Will be awaiting unboxing pics and a review!

#191 4 years ago

Yes gold trim, pps called me today to apoligize with making a mistake with my trim color, I ordered black, but pps was absolutely awesome on how they approached that issue, lol, honestly I would take hot pink! I will keep everyone posted, I'm very excited! very cool being apart of this.

#192 4 years ago
Quoted from mjm697:

Yes gold trim, pps called me today to apoligize with making a mistake with my trim color, I ordered black, but pps was absolutely awesome on how they approached that issue, lol, honestly I would take hot pink! I will keep everyone posted, I'm very excited! very cool being apart of this.

I assume they said take this gold one now or the first black one they get later? I'm not sure you made the right choice...

#193 4 years ago

If I can't live with the gold, I can always paint the trim, saw one in purple and I thought it looked hot, I'll keep ya posted. I'm still happy.

#194 4 years ago

I really hope I'm in on the first 250. Congrats mjm697.

#195 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

You obviously have no understanding of the "smiley face" emoticons or a sense of humor. The good news is that MMR will have improved audio over the original so you can hear the funny stuff more clearly.

You can call your game whatever you like, but it's still MMR.

#196 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

You obviously have no understanding of the "smiley face" emoticons or a sense of humor. The good news is that MMR will have improved audio over the original so you can hear the funny stuff more clearly.
You can call your game whatever you like, but it's still MMR.

yawn

#197 4 years ago

I sure hope you get your game soon ...

#198 4 years ago

You seem very preoccupied with a game you aren't getting.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
There are 313 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside