New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 100172)

MMr Fan Club - Members Only

By TigerLaw

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 313 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Drewblood419
  • Topic is favorited by 38 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 34 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

th_(resized).jpg
P1000721.jpg
P1000722.jpg
P1000725.jpg
P1000724.jpg
P1000727.jpg
P1010330.jpg
image.jpeg
Johns_phone_Pinball_006.jpg
Johns_phone_Pinball_046.jpg
Johns_phone_Pinball_022.jpg
20150320_223523.jpg
1426867996293-565501177.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-03-14 at 5.43.49 PM.png
image.jpg
image.jpg

There are 313 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
#99 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

You mentioned not wanting to pre-announce anything early in another thread, but I have no idea what that means.

image-368.jpg

#100 6 years ago

Ok Moto - how do you pre-announce anything early? By definition, a pre-announce would be early. And a pre-announcement would be announcement, so you are back to the infamous announcement of an announcement, the Pinside cousin to the dreaded corporate phenomenon meeting to set a meeting meeting

I just want to know what Rick meant (and by inference, what PPS learned) by his comment. All we can presume is that PPS thinks they may have announced MMR earlier in the development cycle than they should have. It doesn't give us any idea of what they see as the proper model going forward.

Is it like Stern does it? A deposit/payment plan option like JJP? Or something else entirely? Maybe they haven't figured it out, but just don't like something that was part of the MMR project timeline - who knows? Hence my question.

#101 6 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

You guys would be really messed up if we had a few in parallel going ...

Nah, just really really broke!!!

#102 6 years ago

i'm in da club

maybe we can get Robin to add an MMR to the pinball database so we can "(+) Add game link" to it, instead of the 1997 version?

#103 6 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

i'm in club
maybe we can get Robin to add an MMR to the pinball database so we can "(+) Add game link" to it, instead of the 1997 version?

I'm not sure if that will happen or not. We don't need MM to be ranked twice in database but maybe it can have its own designation without a separate ranking.

#104 6 years ago

ooo.... good point. forgot about that.

#105 6 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

save those dollars

Will do!

#106 6 years ago

I am in!

#107 6 years ago

I have a 7 year old daughter waiting on MB...

1 week later
#108 6 years ago

Can't wait to get my MMR. Hope I have it for Christmas.

#109 6 years ago

#110 6 years ago

Latest update (summarizing):
- Game is moving thru UL, no issues at this point (daily checkins), which is good as the game has been in the Labs for awhile.
- Stern preparing line for build, finalizing the many many details that need to be finalized
- Parts continue to be shuttled from CGC to Stern

Will update when there is anything major to update.

rick

#111 6 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Latest update (summarizing):
- Game is moving thru UL, no issues at this point (daily checkins), which is good as the game has been in the Labs for awhile.
- Stern preparing line for build, finalizing the many many details that need to be finalized
- Parts continue to be shuttled from CGC to Stern
Will update when there is anything major to update.
rick

Sweet, my confidence on deliveries starting soon just got a booster

1 week later
#112 6 years ago

So I read the update and they plan to have a few on the line at Stern during the Expo factory tour.
Have to admit first time at Expo/Stern and I could be looking at my very pin being built. Very exciting!

#113 6 years ago

I wonder if Stern would let you take pix of it and share with us goobers stuck at home this year?

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

So I read the update and they plan to have a few on the line at Stern during the Expo factory tour.
Have to admit first time at Expo/Stern and I could be looking at my very pin being built. Very exciting!

oh man if there is any chance that happens the trip is worth it for me. Stern plus MMR. Cool!!

#115 6 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Could you point me to where you read this? Because I just read the exact opposite of what you're stating. And, yes, I am a member of the PPS forum.

#116 6 years ago

Ummmmm the update says they will NOT be on the line during Expo.

Quoted from Skypilot:

#117 6 years ago

Wow, me bad, I apologize ,I misread the "not" followed up by there will be pre production games on the floor.

Excuse me while I call my optometrist .

#118 6 years ago

Sorry to disappoint guys, but I am more disappointed. The UL just need to finish (and there have not been any major UL issues fyi ... a couple of insulation, a switch they are testing, and wanting to dig into the transformer) ... the stuff they do to the game makes me wonder why I got so much pushback from others who do not do this testing.

#119 6 years ago

Hi Rick,
Please take your time on this and do it all right. I'm in no hurry to stuff it in my arcade. In fact, I need to sell a few more pins. I'd much rather have an MMR LE at a later date that you believe is top notch
Appreciate all the great work and effort being put into it. What an amazing success story !!

#120 6 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Hi Rick,
Please take your time on this and do it all right. I'm in no hurry to stuff it in my arcade. In fact, I need to sell a few more pins. I'd much rather have an MMR LE at a later date that you believe is top notch
Appreciate all the great work and effort being put into it. What an amazing success story !!

I agree with you completely and I've already paid for mine in full back in July!

#121 6 years ago

CGC is really doing that, and having Roger and others playing, etc. The game is right, and now just in the final throes (sp?) of getting it out the door. I think CGC has learned what we learn with artwork - it ALOT harder to reproduce something that has been done before than to create something new (there are of course exceptions), but having something to live up to is a whole different ball game.

rick

#122 6 years ago

Keep the updates coming the family is very excited about MMR coming home.

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

... the stuff they do to the game makes me wonder why I got so much pushback from others who do not do this testing.

What does this mean? I'm not sure I would pay much attention to anyone thinking that UL testing is a bad idea.

#124 6 years ago

Hopefully someone takes video of the latest proto's of MMRLE game play at expo next weekend. Any chance I will have this game in my house before Thanksgiving ?

#125 6 years ago

how does everyone in that room not have a video camera in their pocket in the form of their freaking phone?

#126 6 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Hopefully someone takes video of the latest proto's of MMRLE game play at expo next weekend. Any chance I will have this game in my house before Thanksgiving ?

Crossing fingers for thanksgiving. Have friends from all over coming to visit and I promised a new game in the lineup.

#127 6 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Crossing fingers for thanksgiving. Have friends from all over coming to visit and I promised a new game in the lineup.

Hope you have a plan B - that might be a bit of an optimistic time frame, given that the game hasn't even been approved for production yet.

Even if final approval is done in the next week or so and Stern cranks out 200 a week, you would have to get one of the first games off the line (don't forget a week or so to get the game shipped to you) to have it in your line up by Thanksgiving. Christmas seems more likely than Thanksgiving.

#128 6 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

In fact, I need to sell a few more pins.

I'll take TOM or TAF.

#129 6 years ago

I think we're going to be lucky to have the game on the line before thanksgiving. Stern can make them quick, but I don't think we know yet how long it will take CGC to turn them and get them out the door. My guess is quick because they only have so much room but who knows.

Quoted from Ed209:

Crossing fingers for thanksgiving.

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I think we're going to be lucky to have the game on the line before thanksgiving. Stern can make them quick, but I don't think we know yet how long it will take CGC to turn them and get them out the door. My guess is quick because they only have so much room but who knows.

I forgot about shipping the completed games back to CG part of the process for inspection. That has to add some additional time over Stern doing it.

#131 6 years ago

I am fully payed up on an MMRLE and I can't wait to receive it. I think once Stern gets the go ahead, the assembled games should come off the line fairly quickly.
I wonder if once the UL approval goes through if the next game will go through approval a lot quicker? Especially since this is a new electronic configuration.

#132 6 years ago

And I'll take his Joust.

Really glad to see this thread has stayed on topic and within the guidelines set forth. This is a fan club for fans of MMr only. Keep the posts good and positive gang.

#133 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

And I'll take his Joust.

Unfortunately for you, that doesn't take up any room in his game room. Joust serves as a Buffet Table in the dining room.

#134 6 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

I'll take TOM or TAF.

Accepting offers from those with pre-approved loans from their Credit Unions
hehehe...

#135 6 years ago

You guys crack me up
I came home from work one day and saw this happen to joust last year.

joust-pin-xmas.jpg

#136 6 years ago

I changed my mind. I'm hoping to have the game in my house before thanksgiving.

Quoted from jalpert:

#137 6 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

You guys crack me up
I came home from work one day and saw this happen to joust last year.

joust-pin-xmas.jpg 199 KB

My gf is just getting into those.... I suspect they will be in my game room on the mantle... For everyone I said I get another pin

#138 6 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I changed my mind. I'm hoping to have the game in my house before thanksgiving.

Extra points if you have it before Expo!

#139 6 years ago

I won't have it before expo, and it won't be on the line either, but the Stern factory tour should be interesting...

Quoted from jfh:

Extra points if you have it before Expo!

#140 6 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I won't have it before expo, and it won't be on the line either, but the Stern factory tour should be interesting...

(Foghorn Leghorn voice on)

That was a ... I say, I say that was a JOKE son!

#141 6 years ago

I test played and helped tweak the next MMR LE test machine at Chicago Gaming yesterday. I am so stoked about this game. It plays just like the original. I was able to compare the new one next to an original. This one had all new production parts. 100% top to bottom. Honestly, the new one plays better, just like a new pinball should. I just can't say enough good things about this remake. Game play was tight, flippers felt strong and snappy. The flipper power is controllable and can be turned up stronger than original if desired. As a repairman, I love the new system. It will make repairs easier if needed. All the mechanical parts seem as well built as the original. I usually don't post any of the "things" I've seen that are still being worked on but they are getting so few, I'll list what I saw yesterday. The few things that were tweaked were minimal, thumper switch spoon adjustment, slingshot switch adjustment. Over all it was hard to find any issues with it. A couple of small issues being addressed are; one ball gate deflector's pilot holes might need to be moved a millimeter or so, one particular wire harness hangs a little low, the start up "bong" sound seems a little off. After an exciting afternoon, An exhausted Pinball Phil gives CGC and their crew another big thumbs up.

#142 6 years ago

I played MMR earlier this year.
It really does play better than the original,
And the light show seems much more impressive.

#143 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballphil:

I test played and helped tweak the next MMR LE test machine at Chicago Gaming yesterday. I am so stoked about this game. It plays just like the original. I was able to compare the new one next to an original. This one had all new production parts. 100% top to bottom. Honestly, the new one plays better, just like a new pinball should. I just can't say enough good things about this remake. Game play was tight, flippers felt strong and snappy. The flipper power is controllable and can be turned up stronger than original if desired. As a repairman, I love the new system. It will make repairs easier if needed. All the mechanical parts seem as well built as the original. I usually don't post any of the "things" I've seen that are still being worked on but they are getting so few, I'll list what I saw yesterday. The few things that were tweaked were minimal, thumper switch spoon adjustment, slingshot switch adjustment. Over all it was hard to find any issues with it. A couple of small issues being addressed are; one ball gate deflector's pilot holes might need to be moved a millimeter or so, one particular wire harness hangs a little low, the start up "bong" sound seems a little off. After an exciting afternoon, An exhausted Pinball Phil gives CGC and their crew another big thumbs up.

Cool thanks for the review / testing out the game that we are all drooling over ! The start up bong? I only know that reference from cheech and chong. Perhaps if they are still slightly tweaking the actual game, is that the real delay, and not UL ?! The only thing that I wish the lamp / leds weren't surface mounted directly onto the boards. I know that when one goes the other burns brighter etc.. but It would be nice to be able to individually change them. To my knowledge the DMD display is a Color DMD, will the code be ready to support that right away, I heard that might be one of the surprises at launch !? Did you take any pics / videos ? Hopefully and I'm sure lots of biased and unbiased MMRLE reviews / photos / videos will be provided at next weeks expo.

Quoted from labnip:

And the light show seems much more impressive.

Was that at the texas show ? because I heard and saw the flippers looked very weak.

#144 6 years ago

The delay is the UL testing, mostly with the transformer. My understanding is that big, heavy transformers are being built by less and less companies and are no longer needed for as many products as the used to be. This makes for a longer lead time, less suppliers, etc. The transformer in this machine had the wrong wire colors. The first one had a center tap incorrectly wired? Arghh, I can't imagine the headaches like this with so many different parts to deal with. The build sheet for this game was about an inch thick stack of 8/12 x 11 sheets of paper. Beside the build sheet, there are so many different stresses of a pinball building company that we as pinball players, collectors, hobbyist etc. can't even begin to understand. I commend CGC for their patience with all of us.
The lamps are surface mounted, good and bad. Probably more reliable. As far as changing them, my circuit board tech, said no problem, he can change them. I wouldn't attempt it but feel confident he could do it if I felt so inclined.
The display is color but will not be colorized at launch. The owner can choose an individual color. Green looks cool. I took a couple of pictures with my phone but they were too dark.

#145 6 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Was that at the texas show ? because I heard and saw the flippers looked very weak.

That was only when that whole row had line voltage issues. When I played it after hours, everything was great. I really did like it and am also pleased that the engineer took feedback I gave from that show and improved the lighting effects for the LEDs to make them ramp on and off, similar to the OCD LED board.

I look forward to playing labnip's!

#146 6 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

That was only when that whole row had line voltage issues. When I played it after hours, everything was great. I really did like it and am also pleased that the engineer took feedback I gave from that show and improved the lighting effects for the LEDs to make them ramp on and off, similar to the OCD LED board.
I look forward to playing labnip's!

yeah, the adjustable "incandescent emulation" stuff is huge in my opinion.

#147 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

yeah, the adjustable "incandescent emulation" stuff is huge in my opinion.

Agree- it can be a deal killer for me. I don't like to have headaches.

#148 6 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Can you explain why you think so?

It may be better because it's newer, but I don't see how it can play better than a game it's copying.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 11.95
8,000 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Drums, PA
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 89.99
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Buffalo, WV
$ 139.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Bent Mods
$ 64.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Vancouver, BC
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
€ 8.10
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Columbus, OH
$ 89.99
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Bent Mods
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 313 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside