(Topic ID: 272782)

MMr constant multiball

By DumbRecords

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Hi, I keep having an intermittent issue with my Medieval Madness Remake SE where the game will start spitting out balls like you're in multiball even tho you aren't.

I had this problem about 6 months ago, which led me down the path of testing the trough optic emitters and receivers. I learned how to do that with my phone camera and flashlight. I eventually couldn't find a fault and just replaced 2 new trough optic boards with new boards from pinball life, which worked fine until last week when the game started having the problem again.

I tested all the emitters and receivers again, and also I reflowed the solder on everything on the board, including the connector. It worked for a few days and then started having the problem again.

I figure I'm missing something. It would be easy if one of the optic leds failed the test, I could just solder in a new one, but this is turning out more puzzling than that. I'm starting to wonder if there is a problem somewhere else in the game that's causing this issue.

#2 3 years ago

Power off. Reseat the connectors to the ball trough opto boards.

Only 4 balls in your game ?

Balls not magnetized and rolling down the ball trough good ?

LTG : )

#3 3 years ago

I tested the balls to see it they were magnetized, they didn't pick up a paperclip or anything. Also I'm not seeing any divots in the trough.

I did think to reseat the connectors from the trough boards to the other boards which I haven't tried yet. I did that and the game worked fine for the rest of the night, so will see if it stays that way

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.00
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-constant-multiball?hl=dumbrecords and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.