Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by DumbRecords
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Hi, I keep having an intermittent issue with my Medieval Madness Remake SE where the game will start spitting out balls like you're in multiball even tho you aren't.

I had this problem about 6 months ago, which led me down the path of testing the trough optic emitters and receivers. I learned how to do that with my phone camera and flashlight. I eventually couldn't find a fault and just replaced 2 new trough optic boards with new boards from pinball life, which worked fine until last week when the game started having the problem again.

I tested all the emitters and receivers again, and also I reflowed the solder on everything on the board, including the connector. It worked for a few days and then started having the problem again.

I figure I'm missing something. It would be easy if one of the optic leds failed the test, I could just solder in a new one, but this is turning out more puzzling than that. I'm starting to wonder if there is a problem somewhere else in the game that's causing this issue.

#2 1 year ago

Power off. Reseat the connectors to the ball trough opto boards.

Only 4 balls in your game ?

Balls not magnetized and rolling down the ball trough good ?

LTG : )

#3 1 year ago

I tested the balls to see it they were magnetized, they didn't pick up a paperclip or anything. Also I'm not seeing any divots in the trough.

I did think to reseat the connectors from the trough boards to the other boards which I haven't tried yet. I did that and the game worked fine for the rest of the night, so will see if it stays that way

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside