Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 318 posts
  • 136 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    download_(2)_(resized).jpg
    colordmd_(resized).png
    image_1.jpg
    Peter_Griffin_crack_pipe.jpg
    beer.png
    beer_mask.png
    whole_castle.png
    fire2.png
    fire1.png
    castle.png
    dragon.png
    mask.png
    image.jpg
    Screen_Shot_2015-08-28_at_9.31.11_PM.png
    Screen_Shot_2015-08-28_at_9.31.55_PM.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jfesler.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#233 8 years ago

In both cases, one sells for what the market can bear. The primarily difference is in who's setting the price, and seeing if the market will pay for it.

- Pinball, NIB: Sellers set a price; hope the inventory moves. Pricing too low is a wasted opportunity. Pricing too high translates to lots of inventory on hand; and/or the sunk R&D costs being written off.

- Pinball, Auctions: Buyers set the price. Shill buyers raise the price to see what the buyer will do. This is a game of poker (or perhaps chicken) as the shill pricing things too high turns this into an *effective* no-sale, and sits on the inventory until the next auction (or finds another avenue to sell the machine).

- Online advertising: The buyers set the price. The buyer with the deepest pockets and the most willpower to claim the spot, in particular, sets the price. The moment that buyer goes soft, the #2 buyer steps up.

All of these cases: Nobody pays more than they are willing. The moment the price is higher than one is willing to pay, one walks. None of us give a rats ass about what it cost to produce (the games, or the adwords opportunity) - we care about what we get out of the deal, and what it will cost us. Nothing else.

So, really, I see frolic and dhalem being both quite right.

7 months later
    #288 8 years ago

I'm sure that someone who watches the planetary pinball forum will post here if there ever is an update worth noting. I'm not holding my breath.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jfesler.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-color-dmd-sneak-peek?tu=jfesler and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.