New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 137200)

MMR - Color DMD sneak peek

By Doug_Duba

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 318 posts
  • 136 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 36 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
    download_(2)_(resized).jpg
    colordmd_(resized).png
    image_1.jpg
    Peter_Griffin_crack_pipe.jpg
    beer.png
    beer_mask.png
    whole_castle.png
    fire2.png
    fire1.png
    castle.png
    dragon.png
    mask.png
    image.jpg
    Screen_Shot_2015-08-28_at_9.31.11_PM.png
    Screen_Shot_2015-08-28_at_9.31.55_PM.png

There are 318 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.
    #301 4 years ago

Ah, already read that but didn't remember. Thank you.

I don't understand the issue? This is what stern distrib's usually do... Take interest, if you want, you usually put a deposit in, unless you are friendly with your distrib. and then go forward with purchase. If you don't want to give money, do as he says and buy it from PPS or a distributor that has a game ready to go.

#302 4 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

I don't understand the issue?

Maybe the issue is that they want to deliver the games people are still waiting for from two years ago before they say the next one is ready and start collecting on that. I wouldn't be surprised if they go ahead and do that anyway though.

#303 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Maybe the issue is that they want to deliver the games people are still waiting for from two years ago before they say the next one is ready and start collecting on that. I wouldn't be surprised if they go ahead and do that anyway though.

......I'm still waiting....

I think they'll turn and copy what Stern does. Works better with less freak outs. Unlike JJP who seem to back log then sell to new orders asap......

#304 4 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

I don't understand the issue? This is what stern distrib's usually do...

Issue is Rick stated publicly (and repeatedly) the next game there would be no pre-orders. This was during the heat of battle when no games were being produced. Now they are practically done and he's ready to start this again. I know it must be nice to have a bank of orders, but is there any chance they aren't going to sell every single game they can build? And is there any indication that the games would be built faster than the trickle that was MMr production? Why would they want to put themselves through this again? The answer is simple of course.

And in fairness if someone put down money on Ghostbusters in April of 2014 you could compare this to how Stern does business. I know they take orders for games that aren't built but the wait is weeks or months, not years.

#305 4 years ago
    Quoted from viper001:

Issue is Rick stated publicly (and repeatedly) the next game there would be no pre-orders. This was during the heat of battle when no games were being produced. Now they are practically done and he's ready to start this again. I know it must be nice to have a bank of orders, but is there any chance they aren't going to sell every single game they can build? And is there any indication that the games would be built faster than the trickle that was MMr production? Why would they want to put themselves through this again? The answer is simple of course.
    And in fairness if someone put down money on Ghostbusters in April of 2014 you could compare this to how Stern does business. I know they take orders for games that aren't built but the wait is weeks or months, not years.

Sure, but after being paid in full for 2 years now... I will never pre-pay a game again. Just look, last month or so, PPS had MMR LE's waiting to ship to customers. JJP does it. If people are making the choice to pay before, then fine, they do not have to, games will still be made and sold. This really is all because of us stupid buyers

#306 4 years ago

Do you have to pre-order to get the free diffusers?

#307 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Do you have to pre-order to get the free diffusers?

I think they are sending them to current owners if requested?

#308 4 years ago

What do I have to do to get on the diffuser train? File a support ticket?

#309 4 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Sign in blood that you won't demand a new playfield.

#311 4 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Or you can wait for the next S/W drop, which is supposedly going to have an adjustment for LED brightness.

Robert

#312 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Please do so.
    LTG : )

Done. I think. I'm just guessing it's through the support page at CGC -- haven't actually done this before now.

#313 4 years ago
    Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Or you can wait for the next S/W drop, which is supposedly going to have an adjustment for LED brightness.
    Robert

the argument it's caused by LEDs being too bright is crap. This is just a bandaid to try to minimize the effect.

#314 4 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

the argument it's caused by LEDs being too bright is crap. This is just a bandaid to try to minimize the effect.

Yeah, Metallik posted some pretty damning pictures of his original MM with the brightest LED he could find behind the inserts - still black as night. The ink is just bad on the MMR playfields.

#315 4 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

I think CGC said to go through your distributor to get the diffuser. It was in one of the threads somewhere.

#316 4 years ago
    Quoted from Drewblood419:

I think CGC said to go through your distributor to get the diffuser. It was in one of the threads somewhere.

Not sure if I need it, but I filed a ticket and was told to contact my distributor. They got in touch with CGC and it's apparently coming.

I might install it, I might not. But if it's being offered to customers who ask for it, I like the option.

#317 4 years ago

I'd say go ahead and install it the installation really wasn't that bad it took about an hour and I think the overall appearance is much better regardless

#318 4 years ago

Sounds like CGC is at least trying to diffuse the situation.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 299.99
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 27.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 299.99
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 159.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Pinball Z
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos LLC
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos LLC
    $ 30.40
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Great American Pinball
    $ 34.95
    Playfield - Plastics
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 58.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Ramp-O-Matic
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 12.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 3.00
    Electronics
    Docent Electronics
    There are 318 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside