image.jpg
image.jpg
MMR-PPS-all-3-colors.jpg
MMR-PPS-gold-3.jpg
MMR-PPS-gold-2.jpg
MMR-PPS-gold-1.jpg
MMRTrimX3-592.jpg
texas_pinball.jpg
There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 9 years ago

After seeing all three, I'm switching from black to gold. SS looked like a Pro, Shiny black is the Premium and Gold looked like the way I perceive a LE to be. Seeing which is the favorite with Pinsiders.

#2 9 years ago

I cant decide...seriously.....

#3 9 years ago

After all the howling for Black...that better be the winner!

#4 9 years ago

Let me add...while the gold looks ok in the pics...what color gold is it really? Mustard, brass looking, dull, shiny, cant tell from the pics....

#5 9 years ago

I was 100% going to go with the black on black, but now I'm convinced gold is the right choice!

#6 9 years ago

I agree with you ^^^ . I should have stated that this would be your choice when finalizing your order in a couple of weeks. Unfortunately, this is all that most of us can go by for now.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from molspin:

I was 100% going to go with the black on black, but now I'm convinced gold is the right choice!

+1

I showed my daughter and there was no hesitation on the gold.

#8 9 years ago

I think the gold looks great. I don't know if I have ever seen flat gold before, but it works for me on this pin. I am hoping to see and play one in person at CAX.

#9 9 years ago

I was gonna go with stainless to match all my other rare WPC-95 games, but now I'll probably stay with gold it will really stand out as "The Holy Grail of all Pins" just kidding ! I think the gold looks awesome and it is amazing the job Rick ,Chicago Gaming,Churchill cabinet and Stern are doing to make this awesome game even better than the original! Can't wait to receive mt NIB MM!

#10 9 years ago

Wait for all the "Hold on, it didn't look like THIS in the picture!" after they're delivered. (RE: Gold)

#11 9 years ago

Seems like gold is an early leader so far...

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

"Hold on, it didn't look like THIS in the picture!"

How will you be able to tell?

#13 9 years ago

Going for the GOLD!

#14 9 years ago

I really like black.

#15 9 years ago

Gold is still at 50+%...

#16 9 years ago

I'm going with Gold to match the wireforms/ habatrails.

#17 9 years ago

The guys I talked with at TPF all thought the gold looked pretty bad. I really wanted a nice gold trim, but the color came off as really dull. It looks like it's black by default for me or cancel my order. I wish I could have seen the black in person, to see if it has a deep rich gloss or a similar look to the gold. Tough decision. I voted black... for now.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

The guys I talked with at TPF all thought the gold looked pretty bad. I really wanted a nice gold trim, but the color came off as really dull. It looks like it's black by default for me or cancel my order. I wish I could have seen the black in person, to see if it has a deep rich gloss or a similar look to the gold. Tough decision. I voted black... for now.

LOL at cancel your order. Over trim color??

#19 9 years ago

i really like the gold, but i'm going with black for a couple reasons:
- i think it's the "safer" choice in that there is less risk that it will look weird in person.
- i suspect the black will blend in better in my basement.

#20 9 years ago

I was one of the guys bitching for glossy black but I did the trim on my TOM in glossy black and it really does show tiny scratches much more than any color, now I'm contemplating gold
Still like the look of black better, but not the durability.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from muddman:

Point of note: It won't match the wireforms. They're brass looking. The trim is not.

It may be a mighty fine color, but it matches the art on the cabinet/playfield more than it matches brass (Based on what's been said and photos).

#22 9 years ago

I personally feel like black legs and trim matches the gold in the game better than the gold trim. Also, blue/purple and black go better than blue/purple and gold. Is there a color black doesn't match? Blue and gold, purple and gold, there are a few colors that don't match well with gold.

My 2 cents. I probably prefer the standard silver, but it's a lot easier to switch the rails to silver than black or gold so I'm going to give black a shot.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

LOL at cancel your order. Over trim color??

Why not? 8K is a lot of money for a game, and I want to be 100% satisfied with my purchase. I'm already a bit on the fence though, as I will have to cut loose a game to bring this one in due to space constraints. And I'm really not looking forward to making that decision.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from muddman:

What color is the serial badge going to be ?!

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

After all the howling for Black...that better be the winner!

Quoted from cleland:

I was one of the guys bitching for glossy black but I did the trim on my TOM in glossy black and it really does show tiny scratches much more than any color, now I'm contemplating gold
Still like the look of black better, but not the durability.

Again, the final black is not the shiny black nickel that people were howling for, and the gold is not the brass everyone originally assumed. I think Rick went with a slightly less glossy black to help hide imperfections in the metal... unfortunately none of his pics are super clear though but should give an idea. Aside from cost issues, Rick also wanted it to be more durable for warranty purposes. It appears the backbox hinges are going to be black in all cases.

trim3.jpgtrim3.jpg

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

The guys I talked with at TPF all thought the gold looked pretty bad.

That's what formed my impression since I haven't been able to see it for myself. I'd be glad to hear the opinions of others who have actually seen the gold in person.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Again, the final black is not the shiny black nickel that people were howling for, and the gold is not the brass everyone originally assumed. I think Rick went with a slightly less glossy black to help hide imperfections in the metal... unfortunately none of his pics are super clear though but should give an idea

That's good to know, the powder coat I chose for my TOM was "Wet Black" and it is shiny but I agree with less a sheen you wouldn't see the slight scratches as much.

#28 9 years ago

Hard to believe even one person would choose gold! Just thinking about TAFG or LOTR LE makes me shudder.

#29 9 years ago

Afternoon Bump...

#30 9 years ago

I just made my final decision and caste my vote. I am choosing ss. The gold is just not moving me and crinkly black makes me think MMR pro. I do appreciate that Rick gave us options, that was nice.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

i really like the gold, but i'm going with black for a couple reasons:- i think it's the "safer" choice in that there is less risk that it will look weird in person.- i suspect the black will blend in better in my basement.

I agree. I'll add:
- The gold seems to be a visual districation from the playfield. The black doesn't
- The gold color doesn't seem to match anything on the playfield or side art

#32 9 years ago

I had ordered stainless from day one. It's what the game came with originally and always looked good.I didn't want to take a chance that I would open up the box and find out it looked like ass. Looking at all the options and the time wasted trying to make cheap paint look good, I still think stainless is the way to go.

#33 9 years ago

I can't decide!!! The pics make the gold look hideous but I'm not sure if the black will look dull. I will check it out in person at cax I guess. I believe the colours will be there. Why a mmr will not is beyond me though>

#34 9 years ago

If the original MM had stainless trim, I wonder why that is the least popular?

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from sixstring:

If the original MM had stainless trim, I wonder why that is the least popular?

Because in home use vs arcades folks like to make their games nicer. There have been few changes in life and pinball in the last few years ; )

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Because in home use vs arcades folks like to make their games nicer. There have been few changes in life and pinball in the last few years ; )

Again...why not go SS? It's the nicest, most durable, matches the silver on the playfield nicely, and is how the original came. Mustard gold? No thanks. Shiny black? Nice, but scratches easy and doesn't go well with the MM color scheme on the PF.

#37 9 years ago

Ugh not a fan of SS. Too old fashioned for me. I understand that it fits the nostalgia bill. Just not for me and not on any game in my home.

#38 9 years ago

After much waffling on my part, I think I'm just gonna go for the gold. It will contrast nicely next to my file cabinet grey METLE. I'm just not feeling the black, and wish I could have seen it in person.

nwa.jpgnwa.jpg

#39 9 years ago

SS (silver) all the way. Changed from gold after seeing it at MGC. Not a big fan of the yellow and green powder coat pins that people show on Pinside. Black just looks boring to me. I generally prefer the classic stainless steel look.

Exceptions are Stern pins since they are all painted any way. Love the hot rod red treatment that Matt does on IM.

And SS will be cleaner to get plated if I ever decide to go that route. No powder coat to remove.

#40 9 years ago

does anyone have pix of what the latest/newest/final gold color looks like?
i just got a call & need to provide my final color choice.
since txpinfest in march, my choice was going to be black. but has the gold color changed since then? any pix?

thanks.

#41 9 years ago

Was originally going Gold when I ordered it in Chicago, then when I saw it I was not impressed at all so I decided to Go black but it turned out not to be the Black I had imagined so I just confirmed my order with SS I can't wrong with that in my opinion. It will look good next to TZ, CV, ToM in my collection and SS is gonna be the easiest to Plate Gold if I want to in the future.

Joe(acejedi)

#42 9 years ago

Had to pick today. Took a gamble and picked gold. Hope it looks nice and like what an le should be. Worst case I guess I can switch it. If it looks nice ill add good blades too

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Had to pick today. Took a gamble and picked gold. Hope it looks nice and like what an le should be. Worst case I guess I can switch it. If it looks nice ill add good blades too

Adding the gold blades is what put gold as my choice over the top. It will look stunning with them, gives it that bling

#44 9 years ago

yeah... i pre-bought the gold blades when they were on sale.

#45 9 years ago

here's my pix from TxPinFest in March.
is this still the color "gold" that is being used?
in person it is a bit of a card-board-like dull brownish gold with a hint of mustard too.
it's not what i was expecting.

mmr_18.JPGmmr_18.JPGmmr_16.JPGmmr_16.JPG

#47 9 years ago

oy vey...

hmmmmmm....

well, found the pix on their site. the black kinda makes it look cheaper. not like an LE. i'm really torn here.
uhhgg. guess i'll go with gold, and maybe someone will come out with a cool after-market option?

i wonder if you order 'gold', if it comes with exactly matching gold cabinet/leg guards ?

#48 9 years ago

Went with black. The one pin I've owned with gloss black trim looked great. Here's hoping...

#49 9 years ago

i think the black actually looks a bit better, but for some reason it doesn't have an LE feel to it... i dunno what i'm talking about... where's the vino

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

oy vey...
hmmmmmm....
well, found the pix on their site. the black kinda makes it look cheaper. not like an LE. i'm really torn here.
uhhgg. guess i'll go with gold, and maybe someone will come out with a cool after-market option?
i wonder if you order 'gold', if it comes with exactly matching gold cabinet/leg guards ?

Gio at the pinball refinery has some kick ass armor kits if you don't like the gold

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-color-choice-poll and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.