IMG_20160626_230502111_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160626_230345691_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160626_140339269_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png
IMG_20160626_152250_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160626_151430396_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160626_151402506_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160626_140339269_(resized).jpg
There are 257 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:Keith changed the WOZ default trough-kick strength in latest release, and I notice it's much nicer with it lowered. No big THWACK and less damage to the playfield. Assuming this is the same, I'd advise putting it at lowest value that can still serve consistently.

What is the trough-Kick strength? Is it the flipper strength?

#202 7 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

High scores still intact, and turn on shaker?

Yup, scores are still there...but if you changed any of your other CGC menu stuff (flipper strength, popper strength, etc) that will be back to default. I increase most of those a bit, so if you've ever changed those - write down your preferences before you update so you can remember & change them back again.

#203 7 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

What is the trough-Kick strength? Is it the flipper strength?

No, the flipper strength controls the flipper strength. The trough strength controls how hard the ball kicks out of the trough into the shooter lane.

#204 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yup, scores are still there...but if you changed any of your other CGC menu stuff (flipper strength, popper strength, etc) that will be back to default. I increase most of those a bit, so if you've ever changed those - write down your preferences before you update so you can remember & change them back again.

Cool - thanks again!

#205 7 years ago

I have an issue at 37 % with my win32disk. Says cannot find file....my SD card is FAT32...is that good ?

#206 7 years ago

may need to reformat it. updating was a breeze...

#207 7 years ago

On the 2.1 update go into the CGC menu and on the colorize menu press enter then up and it activates the color update, looks like CGC decided they would just give it us cool

#208 7 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

On the 2.1 update go into the CGC menu and on the colorize menu press enter then up and it activates the color update, looks like CGC decided they would just give it us cool

Now that would be funny, sadly did not work on mine.

#209 7 years ago

MPH_Man_Praisin_Hard_Made_You_Look-front-large_(resized).jpgMPH_Man_Praisin_Hard_Made_You_Look-front-large_(resized).jpg

#210 7 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

may need to reformat it. updating was a breeze...

The problem was solved by changing my adapter. It was a simple plastic USB that worked for 2.0. I wasn't able to transfer anything.

When to my store and bought a multi adaptor with a new 16 GIG Micro for 14 $. Done. Update worked and it seems now better than ever.

#211 7 years ago

Great!

...and now we wait for the dmd colorization...

#212 7 years ago

few more weeks won't hurt...we are already on the ground...

#213 7 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Some of the more progressive software companies have don't even use DRM anymore. It forces the honest buyer to jump through hoops for it to work and the crackers always find a way regardless. There are a lot of articles out there that break down the financial cost of implementing DRM vs. the amount they project it will save them from piracy. Typically, its negligible; but hey, whatever makes Rick feel better.

It depends on your audience and the price of the software. Microsoft is getting much more revenue from MS Office these days. In the old days I saw many, many small businesses that would have 20-30 people all using Office, and if asked for the disks they would go searching for the single copy they had bought.

#214 7 years ago

Does MMr take a sd card or a micro sd card?

#215 7 years ago

Micro SD

#216 7 years ago

should have known I'd buy the wrong type

Doh!!!!

#217 7 years ago

Ugh! Version 2.0 updated perfectly. Just followed the same directions and 2.01 bricked our MMR. Getting the dreaded install software setup failure. Opened a ticket and I'm sure Lloyd will help resolve the issue. Has anyone other than the one other report on PS have an issue?

#218 7 years ago

Tried a second new SD card, follow the directions, apply new image and receive the same install update failure message...

#219 7 years ago

Here is a pic of the SD card in the slot.
Who can spot which pins aren' really touching the card 100%.

IMG_20160630_003509_(resized).jpgIMG_20160630_003509_(resized).jpg

#220 7 years ago

I guess I should stop trying to update it with my USB adapter and the USB slot on the board......... Doh

#221 7 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Here is a pic of the SD card in the slot.
Who can spot which pins aren' really touching the card 100%.

If it wasn't a potato quality picture, I could try!

#222 7 years ago
Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:

Ugh! Version 2.0 updated perfectly. Just followed the same directions and 2.01 bricked our MMR. Getting the dreaded install software setup failure. Opened a ticket and I'm sure Lloyd will help resolve the issue. Has anyone other than the one other report on PS have an issue?

So, I need to think through this, but I wonder if I can help you fix it. The issue is that the beagle bone black isn't happy with the MMR boot image. I wonder if we can jump start it by putting a custom image on to make sure the beagle bone itself is working, and then side-load the MMR image again.

I have a spare beagle bone at home, let me play with this tonight/tomorrow and see if I can fix it. Feel free to PM me.

Marc

#223 7 years ago

No spring tension on these two pins.
Some others arent that great too.

Just a heads up of something to check if your MMr doesn't seem to be reading the card.

IMG_20160630_141943_(resized).jpgIMG_20160630_141943_(resized).jpg

Unfortunately I noticed too late. Maybe with a bit of fiddling it might have been ok.
From a side view the 4th pin doesn't touch the card at all.

#224 7 years ago

Updated mine - thankfully no apparent problems. Looking forward to activating the color!

#225 7 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

So, I need to think through this, but I wonder if I can help you fix it. The issue is that the beagle bone black isn't happy with the MMR boot image. I wonder if we can jump start it by putting a custom image on to make sure the beagle bone itself is working, and then side-load the MMR image again.
I have a spare beagle bone at home, let me play with this tonight/tomorrow and see if I can fix it. Feel free to PM me.
Marc

OK -- So I spent some time playing with this last night, and I cannot get this to break. Even if I shell into the beagle bone and remove the boot-loader from the NAND, I can still get it to boot up from microSD each time and refresh the OS. So, my guess without being at your place and seeing your board is that you are having a physical issue with the microSD and the pins which is causing enough packet loss in the data transfer to make the update fail. I would contact CGC for help (which I know you've already done), and they will likely have to swap out the beagle bone.

Marc

#226 7 years ago

Anybody notice the graphics have more detail after the 2.0 update? Looks a lot better than stock MM display, even without the color.

#227 7 years ago
Quoted from NonStopSwagger:

Anybody notice the graphics have more detail after the 2.0 update? Looks a lot better than stock MM display, even without the color.

Yep

#228 7 years ago

I wonder why..maybe there's something new in the code that separates the shading levels a bit more so they don't bleed together as much? I did notice that it looks richer...but couldn't place my finger on why.

#229 7 years ago

agreed...thought it was my imagination at first. Shadowing is better. It's the new graphic code, its 7+ gig... Looks great...can't wait 'til colorization.

#230 7 years ago

Finally updated mine. The micro SD card they recommended was too small of course so had to buy another one, oh well it happens I guess. The update was easy and pretty fast, and definitely a huge improvement. Can't put my finger on it but the game feels better, sound sounds better and the dots look better. Only minor complaint is that the call outs could be a bit louder. Now, all I need is the colorization. Come on CGC, hurry up!

#231 7 years ago

Hello All,

I made the image per Chicago Gaming instructions. I downloaded medieval Madness 201, used the Win32 disk image and according to it made the image successfully, but before I put it in my game, just wondered if my SD card is correct. It is a 16gb class 10 San Disk Ultra that after the image is done is now named boot, which I figure is correct. It says there is 56 mb free of 63.8mb. Also there are 4 folders and 9 files on the card only one of them has a date in 2016 and the date modified is 6/17/2016. that folder is .trash-100 another folder is named BBB, one file is named 3.8.20-bone20.zlimage which I assume is for the beagle bone board. I just want to make sure this is correct before I update it. Any help would be great.

Thanks!

#232 7 years ago

Did you unzip the download ?

LTG : )

#233 7 years ago
Quoted from jsandjs:

Hello All,
I made the image per Chicago Gaming instructions. I downloaded medieval Madness 201, used the Win32 disk image and according to it made the image successfully, but before I put it in my game, just wondered if my SD card is correct. It is a 16gb class 10 San Disk Ultra that after the image is done is now named boot, which I figure is correct. It says there is 56 mb free of 63.8mb. Also there are 4 folders and 9 files on the card only one of them has a date in 2016 and the date modified is 6/17/2016. that folder is .trash-100 another folder is named BBB, one file is named 3.8.20-bone20.zlimage which I assume is for the beagle bone board. I just want to make sure this is correct before I update it. Any help would be great.
Thanks!

Yep, that is correct. The image CGC has distributed has one small windows readable partition and one large linux partition. Windows can only read the first partition, but the beaglebone will be able to read both. Just follow the instructions and you should be fine.

#234 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Did you unzip the download ?

I did.

Quoted from DeeGor:

Yep, that is correct. The image CGC has distributed has one small windows readable partition and one large linux partition. Windows can only read the first partition, but the beaglebone will be able to read both. Just follow the instructions and you should be fine.

Thanks for the help I'll give it a go.

#235 7 years ago

Update - Thanks to Marc and LTG, Doug confirmed a new thoroughly tested board is being shipped today for the defective one that bricked. Looking forward to playing MMR again, but super appreciative that CGC stood behind the defective board with great service.

#236 7 years ago

Sorry you had an issue in the first place! You'll be flipping again really soon!

Marc

2 weeks later
#237 7 years ago

I've not had any luck in updating my s/w. I tried to write to the micro SD card a couple of times.

The program indicates that it's written the *.img file.

But afterwards, when I look at the card, it's empty...except of the FAT32 system file.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Robert

#238 7 years ago

I've not had any luck in updating my s/w. I tried to write to the micro SD card a couple of times.

But afterwards, when I look at the card, it's empty...except of the FAT32 system file.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Robert

#239 7 years ago

Did you unzip the file with 7z and then follow the instructions to load it on the micro SD card ?

#240 7 years ago

The image will write two partitions to your SD card. One small windows accessible partition (Fat16) and one large linux partition. If you're trying to view partitions in windows you will only see the small partition which should have a few files in it. 3.7.10-x9.uImage, 3.8.13-bone20.zImage, 3.8.13-bone40.1.zImage, etc..

Pop it into your MMr and follow the instructions. If the installer doesn't come up, then you have done something wrong.

#241 7 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Any ideas?
Thanks.
Robert

You can have my installer image. I can mail it to you, or if you're near San Jose, I will give it to you personally. Please PM me.

Marc

#242 7 years ago

Well, I finally got the image to write. I used CCleaner to wipe the empty part of the card, and then retried to write the file and this time the file wrote the *.img.

Didn't do anything different than the last 5 or 6 times, but this time it worked.

Game is updated and seems to be working fine.

Thanks to all that IM'd me.

Robert

#243 7 years ago

Robert,

Great to hear that! Enjoy the fixes.

Marc

1 month later
#244 7 years ago

OK so I am still getting time & date being wiped after the latest update.

Anyone else getting this?

#245 7 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Yes, happened to me and others. Seemed like it hit us all around the same time after we updated. Has only happened once to me since the new release.

#246 7 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Anyone else getting this?

Yes, I also experienced this. I submitted a trouble ticket to CGC and was told to replace the 2032 battery in the board. I replaced the battery and it seems to have solved the issue. Hope that helps!

#247 7 years ago

I was asked to change the battery, which I did. Haven't seen it since, but the jury is still out there on whether that fixed it or not. I think it'll probably take a few months to have enough time to see if that really fixed it

#248 7 years ago

I could see the battery being the problem if it consistently lost the time and date, but it's very random. Also, I've only had mine for a couple of months, and it has lost its date and time a handful of times. It seems unlikely that my battery is dead already.

The issue is likely elsewhere.

#249 7 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I could see the battery being the problem if it consistently lost the time and date, but it's very random. Also, I've only had mine for a couple of months, and it has lost its date and time a handful of times. It seems unlikely that my battery is dead already.
The issue is likely elsewhere.

Ya if the battery was bad you would think it would lose all of the game settings........

#250 7 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Ya if the battery was bad you would think it would lose all of the game settings........

The RTC only keeps an increasing monatomic clock for the date and time backed by a battery. Other settings are stored in RAM/NAND.

Change the battery

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bettendorf, IA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

There are 257 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-code-update-6-25/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.