IMG_20160626_230502111_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160626_230345691_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160626_140339269_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png
IMG_20160626_152250_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160626_151430396_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160626_151402506_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160626_140339269_(resized).jpg
There are 257 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
#101 7 years ago

Just curious, going to MicroCenter tomorrow to pick up a class 10 micro sd card. Just in case it matters, what exactly are the differences between a HC & a XC Micro SD card?

Also, the directions from CGC say use a 8gb or greater card. Anything concerns about going big rather than just getting a 8gb card?

#102 7 years ago
Quoted from BagAJellyDonuts:

Also, the directions from CGC say use a 8gb or greater card. Anything concerns about going big rather than just getting a 8gb card?

Bit of a warning. I tried to use an 8gb card and got an error saying the card wasn't big enough when I started to burn the image. It worked on the other 32gb card I had though.

#103 7 years ago

I just installed the update and it seems to work fine. The sound seems clearer to me but nothing else seemed different.

My iMac dual boots to windows 7 so I was able to use the windows imagine utility recommended by Chicago gaming, but the .7z file required some research and a download of a utility to decompress the file to the .img file.

Obtained a 64gb micro sd card with sd adapter from Costco today for ~$20 on sale.

Took about 90 seconds to do the update per the progress bar on the game display.

#104 7 years ago
Quoted from BagAJellyDonuts:

Just curious, going to MicroCenter tomorrow

I picked this one up this morning, worked great.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/431733/16GB_microSD_Class_10_-_UHS-1_Flash_Memory_Card_with_Adapter

LTG : )

#105 7 years ago
Quoted from erak:

So 3 different SD cards, downloaded it again.
No go on the update. I guess I have a faulty board or SD card slot on the beagle.
Because nothing works.
Weirdest thing is it sits blank for about 3 minutes then boots. But no update. Every time.

Did you format your sd card to fat32 prior to writing the image file to the SD card? If not try that first then follow the imaging steps and see if it installs. I had something similar happen on my game when I tried to install the beta code a few months back and reformatting the sd to fat32 helped.

#106 7 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

Did you format your sd card to fat32 prior to writing the image file to the SD card? If not try that first then follow the imaging steps and see if it installs. I had something similar happen on my game when I tried to install the beta code a few months back and reformatting the sd to fat32 helped.

Yup, tried fat 32. And NTFS. Nothing works.
Filed a ticket. I think my beagle board must be the issue. Because it just sits blank. Then finally boots normally.

#107 7 years ago

I purchased a 8g card only to find out it was really 7.8g so back to walmart to get a 16g.
Seems 8 really isnt an 8.

#108 7 years ago

I bought this at Bestbuy and it worked fine

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#109 7 years ago

The brand of SD I bought was a Pony cheap brand from walmart it was a 8g* after failing to load three time I checked the space and it was 7.8 usable too small.

#110 7 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

I purchased a 8g card only to find out it was really 7.8g so back to walmart to get a 16g.

Yup, binary 2-bit math is hard. You always format less than the overall capacity.

#111 7 years ago

So far I've tried 3 16 GB cards and 1 64gb card.
I give up. Now extremely pissed off. The long wait. Now this!

#112 7 years ago

I bought a 32gb card, it was like 10 bucks more than the 8gb card. What a pain in the ass to figure this one out. Got it to work though....

You would think there would be an easier way....I know....pinball is hard.

#113 7 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Sorry man. Contact CGC and see what they can do to help you.

Marc

#114 7 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Because it partitions the SD card once you burn the image to the card.
I tried to file a help ticket but all I get is a 404 error from their website. WTF? Arrgh!!!!

CGC's webform has been up and down (mostly down) for many months, usually they are totally uncontactable and even if you can email them they will just ignore you anyway. I would not be surprised at all if they disabled the contact form this time on purpose just before releasing the update so they didn't have to put up with customers asking questions.

#115 7 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

CGC's webform has been up and down (mostly down) for many months, usually they are totally uncontactable and even if you can email them they will just ignore you anyway. I would not be surprised at all if they disabled the contact form this time on purpose just before releasing the update so they didn't have to put up with customers asking questions.

It's time to stop, rat. You're really insufferable at this point. The release of this code is a good thing. I think you need to take a break from MMR threads since you cannot seem to help yourself. There is no great conspiracy.

Marc

#116 7 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Well at least we finally have some progress.
I normally don't support piracy but after being led to believe colour was included with the le, in this case I will make an exception if someone cracks this thing.

didn't find it crappy at all

#117 7 years ago
Quoted from erak:

I had a dickens of a time. Scott Tiesma helped me. Downloaded a 7z unzip thing - http://www.7-zip.org/download.html used that and then the rest was easy. Took maybe a half hour to install on micro sd card, a few minutes to put in the game.

I started with winzip, and couldn't get the whole thing loaded to micro sd card.

#118 7 years ago

So glad this is finally here. Any first impressions anyone?

#119 7 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I think you need to take a break from MMR threads since you cannot seem to help yourself.

Yeah you are right, not all my posts are negative though, I have been helping people with answers to their questions when I can here and at the PPS forum. But CGC have obviously got under my skin and when I see others having trouble with them also I can't help but join in. I will try to back off a bit and tone it down.

#120 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I had a dickens of a time. Scott Tiesma helped me. Downloaded a 7z unzip thing - http://www.7-zip.org/download.html used that and then the rest was easy. Took maybe a half hour to install on micro sd card, a few minutes to put in the game.
I started with winzip, and couldn't get the whole thing loaded to micro sd card.

Thanks but tried that too. Nothing is working. It just sits blank then boots normally.

So far 3 different SD cards WinZip, 7zip.
And also tried on my win7 and win10 computers.

Same results every time. NOTHING!

#121 7 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Thanks but tried that too. Nothing is working. It just sits blank then boots normally.
So far 3 different SD cards WinZip, 7zip.
And also tried on my win7 and win10 computers.
Same results every time. NOTHING!

OK -- lets work through this. You're doing this from Windows, right? Which app are you using to burn the SD card?

Marc

#122 7 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

So glad this is finally here. Any first impressions anyone?

Of what? We're locked out of the color animation until we buy the security chip.

#123 7 years ago

IMG_20160626_140339269_(resized).jpgIMG_20160626_140339269_(resized).jpg

Quoted from pintechev:OK -- lets work through this. You're doing this from Windows, right? Which app are you using to burn the SD card?
Marc

Win32diskimager.

I tried unpacking with WinZip. And 7zip.
Formatted in FAT32 before burning image.
All 16 GB or higher formatted class 10 SD cards.

Tried in win 7 and win 10 laptops.
Downloaded the Mmr2.0 file a few times and checked against each other. No corruption in download.

Game off insert SD. Turn on.

Every time it's the same result. It sits blank for a couple min. Then boots normally.
No update screen etc.

Like this for 2-3 min IMG_20160626_140339269_(resized).jpgIMG_20160626_140339269_(resized).jpg
Then this.IMG_20160626_230345691_(resized).jpgIMG_20160626_230345691_(resized).jpg
Then this.IMG_20160626_230502111_(resized).jpgIMG_20160626_230502111_(resized).jpg

#124 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Yeah, but did you actually pay for the color display or is the cost to upgrade buying rights to the color display??? Give up, they'll charge 200-300 to upgrade and I am fine with that

It's insane that you can't understand the simple concept between buying a new physical product and owning a product already and receiving support.

You may have pride in being bent over, and while I and others may buckle and take it - we won't pretend to like it. It will be the last dollar PPS and CGC ever see from me. Shame, they made a great product. Too bad they can't be bothered to respect the customers who've spent a lot of money & had an unbelievable amount of patience with them.

#125 7 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Win32diskimager.
I tried unpacking with WinZip. And 7zip.
Formatted in FAT32 before burning image.
All 16 GB or higher formatted class 10 SD cards.
Tried in win 7 and win 10 laptops.
Downloaded the Mmr2.0 file a few times and checked against each other. No corruption in download.
Game off insert SD. Turn on.
Every time it's the same result. It sits blank for a couple min. Then boots normally.
No update screen etc.
Like this for 2-3 min
Then this.
Then this.

You do not need to format the card. The .img is a bitmap for an entire OS and laying it down will format the image. Can you try a different program to burn the image? Other than that, I am not sure what could be going on here other than something funky with your bbb.

Marc

#126 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's insane that you can't understand the simple concept between buying a new physical product and owning a product already and receiving support.
You may have pride in being bent over, and while I and others may buckle and take it - we won't pretend to like it. It will be the last dollar PPS and CGC ever see from me. Shame, they made a great product. Too bad they can't be bothered to respect the customers who've spent a lot of money & had an unbelievable amount of patience with them.

Agree ! I will never buy another product from them again. To have a physically capable color display in my machine, then told I need to pay to enable it via software, is BS. I am done with PPS and CGC as well.

#127 7 years ago

I successfully upgraded to 2.0 tonight with Marc's help. I can send the micro SD card tomorrow if someone wants it. Hit me up at [email protected]

#128 7 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

You do not need to format the card. The .img is a bitmap for an entire OS and laying it down will format the image. Can you try a different program to burn the image? Other than that, I am not sure what could be going on here other than something funky with your bbb.
Marc

The first time I burned the image I just used a new blank SD card and used the disk manager to burn the image. So are there any programs you can suggest I use besides the one the instructions say to use. I honestly feel like I've tried everything that tech support would suggest.

I would love to try a known working card. But I think it's more of a problem with the micro SD slot on the beagle.

#129 7 years ago
Quoted from erak:

The first time I burned the image I just used a new blank SD card and used the disk manager to burn the image. So are there any programs you can suggest I use besides the one the instructions say to use. I honestly feel like I've tried everything that tech support would suggest.

I am not a Windows guy at all

Try this: http://support.jerseyjackpinball.com/downloads/utilities/unetbootin-win.exe

Should also burn .img files.

#130 7 years ago

I'm holding off installing until I see what is happening with the lighting issues that people are starting to report with 2.0 on PPS forum.

Hopefully it is a couple of isolated cases that can be fixed somehow, but if not I might stay on 1.5.5 until 2.1

I hate to say it, but I hope this doesn't further delay the colour update release.

Just thought it was worth posting a heads up for people who are about to install, fingers crossed it turns out to be nothing to worry about.

#131 7 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I am not a Windows guy at all
Try this: http://support.jerseyjackpinball.com/downloads/utilities/unetbootin-win.exe
Should also burn .img files.

Should it be an ISO, or floppy? That's the only things selectable

NM tried both that program doesn't work.

IMG_20160626_233541531_(resized).jpgIMG_20160626_233541531_(resized).jpg

#133 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Of what? We're locked out of the color animation until we buy the security chip.

Like did it introduce any new issues, did it fix the date&time and other known faults, can the insert brightness or catapult strength be tuned down, did the menus change etc.
I know it's only a few days old but I'd think it's been tested quite extensively by pinsiders by now.

#134 7 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Should it be an ISO, or floppy? That's the only things selectable

Bummer - that's not going to work.

PM me your address. I'll send you mine which I know works on Tuesday.

Marc

#135 7 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Yeah you are right, not all my posts are negative though, I have been helping people with answers to their questions when I can here and at the PPS forum. But CGC have obviously got under my skin and when I see others having trouble with them also I can't help but join in. I will try to back off a bit and tone it down.

I thought your comment was dead on. People here expect you to be NOT negative towards this company after they *knowingly* sent you a factory second PF in your 8k machine? I know you were one of the "losers" in the PPS crapshoot lottery. That sucks.

It's easy for people to call you "negative" when they dodged a bullet. Yeah it's a *fantastic* company all right

#136 7 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Like did it introduce any new issues, did it fix the date&time and other known faults, can the insert brightness or catapult strength be tuned down, did the menus change etc.
I know it's only a few days old but I'd think it's been tested quite extensively by pinsiders by now.

Oh yeah. Well the tearing is gone. I'll assume the date and time thing is fixed - but that didn't happen to me initially for a few months, so who knows besides CGC's testers. Insert brightness is an option now, but I haven't tried it. The menu has an option for Colorization, but it's faded out and unselectable (until you install the security chip I guess). All the other options are the same. Shaker defaults OFF for some reason, so be sure to turn it back on after updating!

#137 7 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

a 16gig also, is not really 16gig either. : )

#138 7 years ago

I wouldn't bother updating yet. There is definitely a problem with the lights and the flipper buttons changing the insert lights.

#139 7 years ago

I really hope MMR owners get the peace of mind they deserve soon. In every MMR thread, there's always an issue or stress point experienced by owners. Not what anyone expected on an $8,000 remake. I hope they get their act together, fix all the bugs, get you guys the colored dots you deserve and finally finish this pin properly, once and for all.

As far as future remakes from these guys go...Who knows now. They didn't instill much confidence on the first go.

#140 7 years ago

I'm wondering if the color chip will be held up to fix this led issue (and possibly any other bugs that are found) or will they release the color chip and fix this bug after the color code has been out for a bit and confirmed to be issue free or not. and if so will the 2.1 code fix be addressed before game 2 ships in 2025?

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#141 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'll assume the date and time thing is fixed - but that didn't happen to me initially for a few months, so who knows besides CGC's testers.

Does the system hold power on so the computer can shut down safely/properly? If not, it's probably not fixed.

#142 7 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

I wouldn't bother updating yet. There is definitely a problem with the lights and the flipper buttons changing the insert lights.

What are you talking about? I havent noticed this on my game. Do you have a video or a link describing the problem?

#143 7 years ago

Wow, I just reproduced the issue on my game. When you press the Left flipper the lights blink faster than when you press the right one....what a clusterfk!

#144 7 years ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

Wow, I just reproduced the issue on my game. When you press the Left flipper the lights blink faster than when you press the right one....what a clusterfk!

Maybe a mini game like HOADC?

#145 7 years ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

#146 7 years ago

This game is a total fail thanks to PPS and CGC. Wish I never bought it and put a single dollar in their pockets, they have totally ruined their reputation in the pinball community.

#147 7 years ago

All ... CGC confirmed that a dev tool (the flipper 'issue' that is used for testing the light mangement) was included in 2.0, and it shouldn't have, so something of a human error in the compile process. So, not so much a bug but a compile flag that was not turned off.

SO - do not use 2.0, and CGC is expecting to have V2.1 this afternoon or tomorrow.

rick

#148 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

All ... CGC confirmed that a dev tool (the flipper 'issue' that is used for testing the light mangement) was included in 2.0, and it shouldn't have, so something of a human error in the compile process. So, not so much a bug but a compile flag that was not turned off.
SO - do not use 2.0, and CGC is expecting to have V2.1 this afternoon or tomorrow.
rick

They need to 'accidentally' make a human 'error' and enable colorization on our color screens instead of trying to get us to pay more for it!

#149 7 years ago

Why wasn't there a changelog or readme included?

#150 7 years ago

Hey Rick's back.

Quoted from PPS:

rick

So...August timeframe?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 45.00
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.95
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 257 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-code-update-6-25/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.