4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Gangplank
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
    100_0434.JPG
    image.jpg

#1 4 years ago

Big shout out to Mike Chestnut for another terrific plating job. Now it's an MMr Gold!

image.jpg
    #2 4 years ago

Looks much better.

That original mustard / bronzeish color sure isn't gold.

#3 4 years ago

So nice . Wear gloves

100_0434.JPG
    #4 4 years ago

I heard if a REAL professional does them you don't have to ear gloves

#5 4 years ago

Got to thank Vid1900 for the guidance on changing rails, went perfectly, no damage to the origional rails or cab. Thank you Vid!

image.jpg

#6 4 years ago

Any deals on sets yet anywhere?

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from Imeh:

Big shout out to Mike Chestnut for another terrific plating job. Now it's an MMr Gold!

Absolutely Gorgeous !!!

Congrats!!6

#8 4 years ago

wow. that looks great, just the way an LE should look.

#9 4 years ago

Nice. Mike is a freakin artist!

Beautiful pin bro.

#10 4 years ago

I would still like to see some gold trim around the front of the head, but it looks amazing!

#11 4 years ago

Looks awesome… shame you spend 8 grand for a remake and then have to spend another grand to make it look good!

#12 4 years ago

If you dont mind me asking, how much was it to have that done and were they new parts or did you have to send him your originals?

Looks great!

#13 4 years ago

That's how I originally envisioned the LE (except for coin door). You'll have to let us know how it wears.

#14 4 years ago

I thought he wasn't taking on any new work?

#15 4 years ago

Put MMr in a thread title and TeeKee will come on in crying about something...like clockwork.

Quoted from teekee:

Looks awesome… shame you spend 8 grand for a remake and then have to spend another grand to make it look good!

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from DocRotCod:

I thought he wasn't taking on any new work?

I think you are correct, I talked to him about another project and he declined, just too busy right now.

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from Imeh:

Got to thank Vid1900 for the guidance on changing rails, went perfectly, no damage to the origional rails or cab. Thank you Vid!
    image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Do you have a link for that vid?

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from teekee:

Beats $13k for a used up route beater needing everything.....
    (Prior to MMR announcement)

I know you don't care for remakes, but many do, they can buy them and enjoy. Those that do not enjoy them do not have to make the purchase. PPS is in the business of "remaking" original parts, seems appropriate they offer a game if there is demand, and it seems there is.

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from Imeh:

Looks very good, I did not realize the gold powder would be a good option to remove and plate, so I opted for standard trim to be plated, so I could do just that.....real plating.

This is brass right? Did you do wore forms as well?

#21 4 years ago

That looks like a huge pain. You are telling me MMRLE owners have to drill out nails to replace the side rails. I thought Rick said the side rails we're going to be re moved easily. looks like you could scratch up your new pin super easy.

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballpal:

That looks like a huge pain. You are telling me MMRLE owners have to drill out nails to replace the side rails. I thought Rick said the side rails we're going to be re moved easily. looks like you could scratch up your new pin super easy.

I recently removed my stainless steel side rails and replaced them with chromed side rails. See the URL below for all the sources that I referenced prior to replacing my side rails.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/side-rail-removalinstallation-for-decaled-tz

I received some good advice from several sources so you will have to make your own judgments as to which method of side rail replacement is the most applicable to your pin.

It turned out to be simpler than I thought and the end result was no damage was done to either the old stainless side rails which were removed or the cabinet decals.

Gord

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Looks very good, I did not realize the gold powder would be a good option to remove and plate, so I opted for standard trim to be plated, so I could do just that.....real plating.
    This is brass right? Did you do wore forms as well?

Yes, it's polished brass and the wire forms are already brass on the "Gold" L.E.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballpal:

The MMr rails don't have any nails, one bolt and one wood screw. The pain is getting the double sided tape that runs the length of it to let go and not damage the cab. I had communicated with Vid about removing mine and he was kind enough to start a thread to address rail removal for everybody and address the various methods used to secure them. The thread was not specific to MMr.

#25 4 years ago

Looks ok, too flashy for my personal taste, I prefer the powder coat gold, but that's just me! Congrats on getting this awesome machine!

#26 4 years ago

Chrome would look sick on a mmr, that gold is dead sexy too, great job!

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gangplank:

Looks ok, too flashy for my personal taste, I prefer the powder coat gold, but that's just me! Congrats on getting this awesome machine!

I think it's the coin door. If you left it alone the brass wouldn't come off so "blingy"

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pimp77:

Put MMr in a thread title and TeeKee will come on in crying about something...like clockwork.

Feels like a knitting circle sometimes. Do you guys ever google yourselves with your spare hand?

#29 4 years ago

Looks awesome! Not only is Mike a true craftsman he also has excellent customer service.

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from Imeh:

Now that is sexy!

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from RobKnapp:

So nice . Wear gloves

100_0434.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

Just curious ... do you really use gloves or require the use of them when playing that machine?

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tkaye:

I think it's the coin door. If you left it alone the brass wouldn't come off so "blingy"

It would definitely appeal to me more if the coin door was left alone, though I must be forthcoming and admit I am a big fan of the "stock" gold trim, I think it resembles a "pearl" or a "flat" gold from the pictures, but I haven't seen it in person yet to (dis)confirm this, when I look at images of the trim, it just reminds me of the finish on a Les Paul Gold Top, and that finish is damned sexy in my opinion, I know it would look great on MMR, I can't wait to get my game!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Interactive
    Pinball Z
    $ 20.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 44.95
    $ 109.99
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    Playfield - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 12,500.00
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Hardware
    CPR Playfields
    $ 79.00
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 35.00
    Hardware
    Filament Printing
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 999.00
    $ 209.99
    $ 74.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pin Monk

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside