MMR Chance of another run?

By mr-aize

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Hi everyone, so after dreaming about it for years, finally in a position to get a pinball machine and wouldn't you know it, I missed the last run of Medieval Madness, my absolute number one choice. I emailed CGC and got a very speedy and polite reply stating that they 'hadn't announced plans for another run but that they were looking at the market on all pinball machines and that there was a chance for it's return'. I guess that leads me to the question, is there enough demand for them to make another run?

#2 2 years ago

Of course there is.......CGC should be rerunning all of their games.

#3 2 years ago

I would probably buy an MMR if more is coming, maybe even a MBr

#4 2 years ago

You already asked CGC and they told you the would if there is enough demand. Pinside opinion doesn’t really matter in this case.

I don’t think it’s likely in the short term as they are working on releasing title #4. Probably a year long run. CGC is notoriously slow to build games. Get in touch with a distributor and if there is another run in 2022-2023 get in on it early but be prepared to wait a long time to get it. Took 9-10 months from deposit to delivery for me.

The small runs tend to pre-sell fairly quickly.

#5 2 years ago

I actually called CGC the other day. I was told there are no plans for any reruns of their previous titles at the moment and they are concentrating on the next remake.

#6 2 years ago

So what is the history with regards to their previous runs? As in, did they put out a release, then do another, then re-release the first one or was it more like put out one, then do a couple of runs, then move onto the next? Sorry if this info is all readily available somewhere, am a complete noob to the scene as you might guess... (Also, MrMikeman, good call on contacting a distributor. Definitely will be doing that)

#7 2 years ago

Doubtful another run for years…I wouldn’t hold your breath

#8 2 years ago

Well that sucks if they don't. I sure wish I could get on board with a monster bash remake that isnt 1 billion dollars from automated services.

#9 2 years ago

They are about to drop Cactus Canyon and then Pulp Fiction; reruns are likely out of the question. Pickup a nice used one

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from mr-aize:

So what is the history with regards to their previous runs? As in, did they put out a release, then do another, then re-release the first one or was it more like put out one, then do a couple of runs, then move onto the next? Sorry if this info is all readily available somewhere, am a complete noob to the scene as you might guess... (Also, MrMikeman, good call on contacting a distributor. Definitely will be doing that)

They initially made 1000 LEs, which started to ship in 2015. They also made “standard” editions for a while until AFMr. I think they made more MM before MBr, and then the Royal Edition recently.

I’m sure they’ll make more after they get CCr out…why wouldn’t they? It’s free money at this point.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I’m sure they’ll make more after they get CCr out…why wouldn’t they? It’s free money at this point.

Ah well, just have to wait and keep hoping I spose.

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from mr-aize:

Yeah, if it happens it won’t be this year.

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from mr-aize:

Sounds like you know what your missing.

#14 2 years ago

I think they will, I have to believe that their new games have been on the line since the last AFM run last year. I

1 week later
#15 2 years ago

I’ve been trying to find out the same info too. Check out this video of Ryan White at Southern Fried Gaming expo’s presentation:

He confirms of a new run of MMR CE & SE, plus the add on upgrades in early 2023! I missed out on the last run too, so happy to get another change at owning my grail pin

#16 2 years ago

Oh I am so in for a MMr!! This is my favorite game of all time and was late to the game when it came to owning one.

Question is, which version makes the most sense? And do you get them from a dealer or directly from them?

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

Oh I am so in for a MMr!! This is my favorite game of all time and was late to the game when it came to owning one.
Question is, which version makes the most sense? And do you get them from a dealer or directly from them?

It’s recommended to use an official distributor see link:

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/distributors/26.

The SE comes with the XL screen & speaker upgrades pre installed. But I think you still have to fit the playfield rgb yourself. Plus the optional topper & shaker. I’m leaning towards the SE because it’s less things to fit myself but it’s up to you

#18 2 years ago

Yeah definitely looking like the SE is the way to go.

#19 2 years ago

Go for the SE for sure. I upgraded mine with the large screen and it's a must have.

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from W25ARE:

It’s recommended to use an official distributor see link:
https://www.chicago-gaming.com/distributors/26.
The SE comes with the XL screen & speaker upgrades pre installed. But I think you still have to fit the playfield rgb yourself. Plus the optional topper & shaker. I’m leaning towards the SE because it’s less things to fit myself but it’s up to you

According to this https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/medieval-madness the RGB is included in the SE.

The only thing missing is, the powder coated trim, King of Payne Topper, Cabinet Side Mirrors, and Shaker motor.

8 months later
#21 1 year ago

I hope Chicago Gaming does another Medieval Madness remake. I missed out previously and this game is on the top of my list.

#22 1 year ago

At the Texas Pinball Festival, I spoke with them about this. They plan to do another MMr run "sometime in 2023".

I mentioned that I had missed out on the previous run, and he said "a lot of people did, that's why we'll be making more".

I would recommend getting on the waiting list with your preferred distributor, to avoid being disappointed again.

#23 1 year ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

At the Texas Pinball Festival, I spoke with them about this. They plan to do another MMr run "sometime in 2023".
I mentioned that I had missed out on the previous run, and he said "a lot of people did, that's why we'll be making more".
I would recommend getting on the waiting list with your preferred distributor, to avoid being disappointed again.

Thank you. I took your advice and signed up on a MMr waitlist with Carolina Pinballs. Their website provides the opportunity to sign up and I received an email with a confirmation number almost immediately.

1 month later
#24 1 year ago

Do we know how many are slotted to be made? Also if Carolina pinball is legit? Seems like it is brand new

#25 1 year ago

www.carolinapinballs.com is listed on CGC's website as a distributor, so I think it is safe to assume that they are real.

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/distributors/61

I don't believe CGC has stated how many more MMr machines (or which version) will be produced.

Since they seem to be moving away from "standard edition", and since they have promised no more "Royal Editions", I would hope that means they are planning on more "special editions". But they could also decide to do some sort of new "Monarch Edition" or something that is more high-end.

Until CGC makes another announcement, it's all just speculation.

#26 1 year ago

I can't believe the quality of my CCr now I'm kicking myself for missing MMr and AFMr! I hope they run both! I'm hooked on this company! Love MB as well but that darn kickout..lol

6 months later
#27 1 year ago

Right, it's now officially 2023. Now awaiting the promised next run update with baited breath.....

Seriously though, get it together Chicago... I'm desperate to own one.

#28 1 year ago
Quoted from mr-aize:

Right, it's now officially 2023. Now awaiting the promised next run update with baited breath.....
Seriously though, get it together Chicago... I'm desperate to own one.

It's happening, I'm so confident I almost ordered the alternate backglass today I was shocked they're still available. Couldn't pull the trigger I promised myself I wouldn't turn into "that guy".

#29 1 year ago

I think it is coming but more like 2025.

1 week later
#30 1 year ago

What the latest on this? Any timeframe or price?

#31 1 year ago

Any chance of another royal addition??

#32 1 year ago

I thought they decided to do twilight zone remake first…that would put another mmr run into late 24…

#33 1 year ago
Quoted from Notbychance:

Any chance of another royal addition??

They said no on any more royals from what I heard.

#34 1 year ago

SE and classic allegedly.

#35 1 year ago

Nice. I am hoping for a classic version.

#36 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Nice. I am hoping for a classic version.

Me too!

#37 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Nice. I am hoping for a classic version

Pretty sure they have said only the SE will be remade. Seems like the classic won't be coming back on MM and future remakes.

#38 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Pretty sure they have said only the SE will be remade. Seems like the classic won't be coming back on MM and future remakes.

Yes it is true

#39 1 year ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

I thought they decided to do twilight zone remake first…that would put another mmr run into late 24…

TZ is just a rumor at this point. CGC hasn't even hinted that it's coming, let alone any time soon, so not sure how it could have officially bumped MMr production.

#40 1 year ago

Think just SE’s and maybe more kits (RGB lighting, bigger screen, topper) to upgrade older machines.

#41 1 year ago

Pulp fiction may happen before MMr and certainly before TZ is the rumor.

1 month later
#42 1 year ago

I talked with Jim from CGC at TPF yesterday. He says that they still plan a run of MMr "near the end of the year".

1 week later
#43 11 months ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I talked with Jim from CGC at TPF yesterday. He says that they still plan a run of MMr "near the end of the year".

Appreciate it! Gotta find the money somewhere for when they eventually do this. I can't miss it this time.

#44 11 months ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

Appreciate it! Gotta find the money somewhere for when they eventually do this. I can't miss it this time.

Just put 100.00 away every month, you should have enough saved once the game is released.

#45 11 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Pulp fiction may happen before MMr and certainly before TZ is the rumor.

I want all three.

1 week later
#46 11 months ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Carolina Pinballs just blasted their waitlist that

Chicago Gaming Company has just conveyed that MMr will begin production late 2023. Currently, it is unknown what models are being produced and how many will be built during production.

Has there been any murmur from CGC on this directly to distributors or are they just regurgitating what you said almost three weeks ago?

#47 11 months ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

Has there been any murmur from CGC on this directly to distributors or are they just regurgitating what you said almost three weeks ago?

Heard at MGC: announcement towards the end of the year with plans for SE and Classic editions. Focus is Pulp Fiction right now.

#48 11 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Heard at MGC: announcement towards the end of the year with plans for SE and Classic editions. Focus is Pulp Fiction right now.

Did they happen to mention if topper kits would be made available or are they “officially” done making toppers for remakes?

#49 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

Did they happen to mention if topper kits would be made available or are they “officially” done making toppers for remakes?

Good question. I can’t remember if I asked. I thought I heard somewhere before that they’ll try to make sure everyone who wants one can get one. I hope that’s the case!

#50 11 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Good question. I can’t remember if I asked. I thought I heard somewhere before that they’ll try to make sure everyone who wants one can get one. I hope that’s the case!

Thanks and yeah it makes sense and I see no reason why they wouldn’t as they sure would sell, just wonder if they’d increase the price and by how much.

Well I hope this next run shows CGC that there definitely is a demand to rerun past remakes and just hope they would consider doing another AFMR run and follow suit with selling toppers.

I think it would be good if they would just do a classic for those who just want the basic game and then do what they did with CCR and do an SE+ that includes the topper.

Guess only time will tell.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Saint John, NB
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 26.50
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement
Other
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs
Armor and blades
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-chance-of-another-run?hl=crumbalimb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.