• Latest reply 7 years ago by Pin_Guy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20160627_180727_(resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

I've been one of the more critical people of CGC. They certainly deserve it, and so when one of the posts in my game broke (tightened a nut "too hard" and it snapped off) I contacted them expecting a full song and dance with a 2 month wait to get a replacement post.

I filled out a ticket online, got a reply the next business day. The guy basically said they could send a replacement, I just needed to complete the address info in my profile. I did and then asked him if they had any solutions for the ball occasionally flying off the left ramp return rail. He simply replied that they'd send a new rail. Not sure if that will help since I assume the rail will be exactly the same but willing to find out....

I received the replacement rail and post today via UPS, about 4 days after filling out the ticket. So at least one thing they seem to be pretty good at is parts replacement.

[The box included a UPS return label and instructions to return the old parts. Kinda weird, but OK, sure.]

#3 7 years ago

I did see that a few weeks ago. My existing ramp was already bent down on the left as it should be. Still had the issue though.

#4 7 years ago

I'll tell you about my recent experience.

Put a ticket in because my beagle bone had a bad SD slot and it bricked my machine trying to update. When 2.0 came out.

I was told a new board would arrive UPS in a few days. It didn't. I tried obtaining a tracking # from CGC. No response. I called UPS, they had no record of a package coming to my address. I tried contacting CGC again by email and phone but no luck. (I know Comcast outage had a bit to do with it)
It finally arrived close to 2 weeks later by standard mail.

I am supposed to return the old board to CGC. So I went to UPS to drop it off after work yesterday as it had a UPS use only barcode on it. But guess what? No paid return shipping label from UPS.

So back on the phone to CGC. They said they would email a return shipping label.

Well I got the email. But it's wrong, it says it is shipping to me from CGC.

So now I have to contact them again. Because if I send it out it will just come right back to me.
But it's also standard mail. So now I have to go to the post office to drop it off when finally corrected. But I still haven't heard back after letting them know by email that they made a mistake on the USPS label.

#5 7 years ago

I would just forget about sending it back. The list price of a new beagle bone is $45. Your broken one is worth considerably less than that. Not clear to me why they even want to pay to have it shipped back.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I would just forget about sending it back. The list price of a new beagle bone is $45. Your broken one is worth considerably less than that. Not clear to me why they even want to pay to have it shipped back.

Likely for analysis of the issue. I doubt they care if they could get it working but a good company will at least do a brief review to see if the same issue could happen to other customers or if it was an isolated case.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Likely for analysis of the issue. I doubt they care if they could get it working but a good company will at least do a brief review to see if the same issue could happen to other customers or if it was an isolated case.

It's just the pins in the SD slot. If you bent them in it would be fine, but since it failed 50% through the update due to pins not entirely touching the board it bricked my MMr. I noticed it too late, and thought the SD cards I tried or it was unpacked incorrectly they first couple of times I tried and it didn't read the SD at all. It finally started to update then failed. If they probably could have sent out a bootable software SD to fix it. Rather than a complete new board it would be fine if I bent the pins in a bit.

When it bricked this was what I got on the display.

As far as I know there is only one other case of a bad SD slot. Listed on the PPS forum with mine. And a replacement board was the solution to that too.

IMG_20160627_180727_(resized).jpgIMG_20160627_180727_(resized).jpg

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Put a ticket in because my beagle bone had a bad SD slot and it bricked my machine trying to update. When 2.0 came out.
I was told a new board would arrive UPS in a few days. It didn't. I tried obtaining a tracking # from CGC. No response. I called UPS, they had no record of a package coming to my address. I tried contacting CGC again by email and phone but no luck. (I know Comcast outage had a bit to do with it)
I am supposed to return the old board to CGC. So I went to UPS to drop it off after work yesterday as it had a UPS use only barcode on it. But guess what? No paid return shipping label from UPS.
So back on the phone to CGC. They said they would email a return shipping label.
So now I have to contact them again. Because if I send it out it will just come right back to me.
But it's also standard mail. So now I have to go to the post office to drop it off when finally corrected. But I still haven't heard back after letting them know by email that they made a mistake on the USPS label.

I'd just keep it at that point, let them reach out to you when they want it back.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

I've been one of the more critical people of CGC. They certainly deserve it, and so when one of the posts in my game broke (tightened a nut "too hard" and it snapped off) I contacted them expecting a full song and dance with a 2 month wait to get a replacement post.
I filled out a ticket online, got a reply the next business day. The guy basically said they could send a replacement, I just needed to complete the address info in my profile. I did and then asked him if they had any solutions for the ball occasionally flying off the left ramp return rail. He simply replied that they'd send a new rail. Not sure if that will help since I assume the rail will be exactly the same but willing to find out....
I received the replacement rail and post today via UPS, about 4 days after filling out the ticket. So at least one thing they seem to be pretty good at is parts replacement.
[The box included a UPS return label and instructions to return the old parts. Kinda weird, but OK, sure.]

It sounds like they will handle the super easy problems like yours, but the bigger problems they wont. Stripped bolt, sure!

Bad inserts... meh?

#10 7 years ago

Ship it back in 3 years and see how they like it!

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from erak:

I am glad you got your MMR up and running again!

Marc

#12 7 years ago

I worked with CGC several times for warranty repair on my LE and I found them to be very responsive and timely on shipping parts. The only downside is parts were sent several times because they were sending me boards for what turned out to be a problem with a single pin in a connector. I mainly blame myself for being lazy and not breaking out my logic probe right away, as the logic probe showed me exactly what was happening in minutes. Anyway, I received parts promptly and was provided return shipping labels all three times parts were sent to me so I have nothing to complain about.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 29.95
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-cgc-service-experience and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.