(Topic ID: 126147)

MMR came a few weeks back. Wow, I love this game now!

By BlueAllen

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by whitey
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BlueAllen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Edit: I originally posted a rant about some the frustration I had while I was getting used to this game while it was breaking in.

I have edited the post and topic title to reflect my current thoughts on this game.

#27 8 years ago

Thanks for all the quick responses guys.

I honestly feel a bit embarrassed but I had to blow off some steam.

Indeed I did buy this game based on its reputation alone so I didn't know exactly how different the game was going to feel than what I was used to. I'm not giving up on the game yet though. I'm sure as I get more used to it I will adjust and start to play/react better. I guess I was not expecting to be going through the same level of terribleness as I did when I got my first pin all those years ago so I have been finding constant awful games a bit frustrating.

I just played my best game yet not 10 minutes ago actually and while still not feeling quite right it was very satisfying actually playing for a little while and getting to enjoy some of the game's features instead of ball drain, ball drain, ball drain within the first 2 minutes.

For the record the flippers seem to be lined up fine but I have not put any wax on since getting the machine so I will try that and hopefully the ball flows a bit smoother and doesn't just lose momentum mid travel.

Thanks for the understanding guys. Hopefully things just start to feel right after a few more weeks of playing and I have a really fun compliment to my LotR game.

#33 8 years ago

Even since I posted this topic my whole outlook has kind of changed. I was expecting to come into this game and do well based on my experience level with another machine and that led me to getting frustrated when I was doing awful. Taking all of the responses into account though I am now looking at this as a new challenge to master and already am enjoying it much more with that mindset. I think with a bit of time I could and probably will love this game every bit as much as my LotR.

Thank you guys for all of the responses. This is definitely a great community to be a part of. I'm used to forums full of people who would do nothing but insult me for a topic like this so all of your responses and tips have been really awesome.

2 weeks later
#72 8 years ago

Update:

I love this game!

The difficulty took some getting used to but the ball started moving more naturally after about 100 or so plays, just as pinballkyle suggested and that helped turn it from frustrating difficulty to very enjoyable difficulty.

As was suggested by others I'm glad that I have two games that seem so far apart on the spectrum. If I want a game that is going to last a while and the challenge comes from chaining shots well and trying to build to a large score and complete lots of modes I will play LotR and if I want a generally faster series of games I will play MMR. Also I like that one is a more serious theme and the other is really light hearted and humorous.

Thanks for all your feedback on this topic guys. It helped me get through my initial frustration.

#73 8 years ago

Current high score is just over 96,000,000. There are still so many modes that I have barely scratched the surface of, I love it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 64.99
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 9.95
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BlueAllen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-came-the-other-day-wow-i-hate-this-game-so-far?tu=BlueAllen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.