(Topic ID: 136653)

MMr - Colorization Pricing and Availability...Finally!

By eharan

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,467 posts
  • 303 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by fosaisu
  • Topic is favorited by 44 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

556441-2 (resized).jpg
Medieval Madness Color (resized).jpg
Trolls color (resized).jpg
Damsels color (resized).jpg
Tall And Fat (resized).jpg
IMG_2328 (resized).JPG
PPS (resized).jpg
ptb (resized).jpg
Dale Carnegie Jr (resized).PNG
IMG_2327 (resized).JPG
20160820_110220 (resized).jpg
MMRLE-dmd-shift-1 (resized).jpg
dumb-and-dumber-to-sea-bass-sequel-fbpic_(resized).jpg
Phone_(resized).jpg
belushi-1_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider teekee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#50 8 years ago

SEND MONEY NOW!

#59 8 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Bashing MMr is not going to bring the MM prices back up,

no but the continued MMr issues will! MM originals $20k by Christmas!

Quoted from SuperPinball:

I'm really looking forward to seeing what they come up with.

Rick's really looking forward to more of your money!

#88 8 years ago

So is this the 6th or 7th "OUCH" regarding MMr… lost count.

#94 8 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Kudos to Rick for addressing this so quickly!

What??? He got outed! He addressed nothing! Man, some of you guys…

#101 8 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Why would a good business person cause a mass panic for something that may or may not occur..?

Oh, I don't know… because of threads like this maybe?

#147 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Maybe now would be a good time for you to sell the MMR and scoop up another MM?

Now that I agree with!

#204 8 years ago
Quoted from Imeh:

Overall, although I prefer the original, just because it is, getting a nib for 8k as opposed to paying at least twice that to get a comparable condition restored original, the MMr is a no-brainier.

Just so you know a comparable original is no longer 15-16k as you suggest. Nice originals are now changing hands for nearly the same price as NIB MMr's and many nicely restored originals with all the mods are changing hands for under 12k... some well under that.

MMr's were overpriced day one but now with originals coming down to more reasonable levels MMr's are more over priced than ever before.

#206 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

pssst ... the only reason originals came down is because of MMR.

pssst... no shit.

#218 8 years ago
Quoted from Imeh:

Just so you know, I'm well aware of what prices are now. At the time I made the decision to buy an MMr, prices were much higher and easily were in the 15k to as high as 20 k range for a good restored example. I'm sure you can remember that. I looked extensively for one prior to making the decision to purchase an MMr.

Understood... no longer applies today when making a decision though.

#312 8 years ago
Quoted from drgnlair:

Do I have to put a a ticket in for this fix for the screen tearing new fix Please advise.

Make sure you have your credit card handy…

#328 8 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

I agree. But as many folks that you found that are diehards and won't pay, as many more have said they are pissed but will pay (sorry, too lazy to quote them all but I know Rarehero for sure has said that). The problem is every time they do something like this there is a brief period of backlash, but then folks settle down and continue on (not asking for a refund, buying their own coin mechs, etc). That is what Rick is counting on, that the storm will pass and everyone will still lemming off of his cliff.

Agree! One thing after another… bitch, complain, "never again", "no more money from me"… new title is announced… SEND MONEY NOW!

#338 8 years ago
Quoted from hlazzer:

its pinball not an investment.

It can and should be both… if you're smart.

#384 8 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Well Rick, can I get a refund or no?

cRICKets…

#617 8 years ago
Quoted from Shastings:

I wonder if this will devalue the original even more now? If a buyer is comparing a mint MM original plus $400 ColorDMD to an MMR plus $x CGC-DMD you would have to think most would pay hundreds less if not a $thousand +. This upgrade is just that good.

Not at all. Its impressive but its still just a display. Very secondary when it comes to pinball. Personally I wouldn't want it for the original. The original is a 90's classic and needs to be kept a 90's classic with all the nostalgic features. Like putting a navigation system in a '66 Mustang… blah!

If MMr would have come with the option for a real back glass instead of a translite or a silk screen cabinet with some improved artwork or some cool new features in the gameplay now that would be cool… that's pinball. But a new fancy video game like display? Meh…

#659 8 years ago
Quoted from hlazzer:

I like the normal, but colored dots, it looks like how it was dove originally. If New machines came out and used the "new" MMr style I think it would look great on those games since I don't have a preconceived notion of how it supposed to look.

Pretty much the way I feel… keep the 20 year old classics original for the most part. Those that want all the pretty video game colors and graphics can have MMr. An updated display would look great on the new Sterns and new pins being made today but MM (and other classics) weren't meant for all this fancy crap IMO.

Like I said before the display is such a minor part of pinball IMO.

#670 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Technology isn't for everyone

I love technology... as long as its moving forward. You won't catch me trying to install USB ports in my collection of original mimeograph machines.

#676 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I bet owners of the original MMs would go crazy buying the MMr colorization if it was available.

Some would, some wouldn't. I would't add it to an original MM if it were free which it won't be since nothing seems free with MMr. To me it doesn't match a 20 year old classic… too fancy.

Quoted from John_I:

MMr is here. It is what they said it would be.

Expensive with expensive add ons… MMr certainly is far from a bargain. A 20 year old remake more expensive than most new pins of today. PPS has done a great job convincing you that it is a bargain, what a joke!

Quoted from John_I:

People have them and love them.

Many do not have them… still waiting… waiting… waiting… and those that got them early now have chipped play fields… nice!

Quoted from John_I:

Original MMs lost a ton of value and are now priced reasonably as a direct result.

This is the good news as I was able to add an HUO MM for a price never thought possible… yes an original with original silkscreen cabinet, no crappy decals. Reliable boards that can be worked on. Not throw away boards with no track record. Bulbs that you can change with one hand in seconds. And it will always be the 'original' not a remake wannabe.

Quoted from John_I:

Haters need to just get over this and move on rather than digging deeper into complete irrelevance with each post.

Yes, you should stop hating on the original and move on and enjoy your remake.

6 months later
#769 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Do I hear $600?

SEND MONEY NOW!!!!!!

Bernie Madoff would have loved Pinside!

1 month later
#1012 7 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

MMr is pretty damn awesome, the way CGC handles things and the speed of progress is a fiasco

Why should they be in a hurry? They have your money. Speak with your wallet next time and maybe they will listen but like always most here will be SEND MONEY NOW... complain later.

#1026 7 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

It's easy to say Teekee that I should speak with my wallet and only buy stuff that's 100% ready. The problem is I wanted an MM, and a few years back they were astronomically expensive. Doomed if you do, doomed if you don't. I will say though, no matter what the second remake will be, I don't think I'll be interested in it due to the way CGC operates

The problem is us... SEND MONEY NOW! And we do. So whatever the outcome, issues, disappointments its our fault. You get what you pay for and since we don't actually know what we are getting but pay for it anyway... SHAME ON US!

#1029 7 years ago
Quoted from Topdog:

I will send more money when they announce game #2 !!!

Quoted from Manic:

You're quite the gunslinger aren't you? You dodged a bullet this time around and are now ready to gamble again. I bet you would raise holy hell in Vegas. I do like your confidence.

No, he's some PPS plant pumping his failing refake adventure. His account is a couple days old... desperation makes you do things like this! SEND MONEY NOW... since you may be the only one.

1 week later
#1065 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

If anyone buys AFM-r, just make a deal with Rick. For every month the game is late, subtract a $100 from the sale price. Pretty soon that $8k will be a sweet $6500.

Why buy it at all? Use your money on something available now and wait and buy an HUO AFMr down the road for cheaper... after all the bugs are worked out... no headaches dealing with PPS... so many good reasons to wait... but this is Pinside so I guess most of this won't make any sense for many.

#1086 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I doubt it. As soon as somebody mentioned AFMr would be the next remake, it was all happy city around here again. People bitch, but they don't care. They'll just keep on buying!

So true... bitch,bitch, bitch... SEND MONEY NOW!

26_(resized).png26_(resized).png

#1095 7 years ago
Quoted from Pablito:

And just for TeeKee, I'm ready to SEND MONEY NOW!!!

I think my new one will be... "SEND MONEY NOW BECAUSE I'M AN IDIOT!"

2 weeks later
#1128 7 years ago

Why should they care??? Most will fall for it all over again soon... SEND MONEY NOW!

#1136 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Those were the good old days.

They'll be back... this is Pinside.

1 week later
#1164 7 years ago

SEND MONEY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! C H E C K.

#1183 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

june 21, 2016: no news of colorDMD for MMR/LE release.

They know the release date doesn't matter. They know they are in total control and the money will flow whenever they decide to make it happen. All the bitching and moaning will turn back into cheers and tears of joy when they decide to release it.

shut_up_and_take_my_money__by_a_mad_russian_pony-d85j76y_(resized).jpgshut_up_and_take_my_money__by_a_mad_russian_pony-d85j76y_(resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#1211 7 years ago

SEND MONEY NOW!

#1213 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Not yet, we haven't been told where.

Nigeria... what does it matter? SEND MONEY NOW!

#1340 7 years ago

Most of you guys are all talk. Just get it over with and SEND MONEY NOW! You know you will and so does Rick...

p_(resized).jpgp_(resized).jpg

#1354 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Jesus Christ, the douchebags swarm to MMR post like flys to shit.

Glad you joined us!

#1369 7 years ago
Quoted from Major-Havoc:

I would have bought an LE but we pre-sold out of all we sold immediately.

The LE thing was a joke anyway... real wood bottom.

Now the newcomers to pinball who weren't around in 2013 and would like to get an MMr now really get screwed. Should be one model with free colorization for all. Lord knows they made a ton of profit. $8000 for a remake of a 20 year old pin...

#1437 7 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

MMr is dope, when can I pay for MBr?

Anybody with this attitude is A dope IMO...

#1439 7 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

You are probably right, I should buy an old one from you for 14,000!

Much smarter... but I'm sure PPS would happily take more of your money now. MBr should only be 7-8 years away... if ever.

#1563 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I for one hope they never do another Refake...

Quoted from TaylorVA:

The little people that bought the refakes can probably decide for themselves how they want to spend their money.

Quoted from Zitt:

by squeezing every bit of money they can from you poor refake buyers.

So glad to see the term 'refake' is making a comeback!

#1610 7 years ago

At least WoZ was a major undertaking. A MM remake? A remake of a 20 year old game with pretty much all the parts readily available?

Some guys have built these from scratch in their basements faster and with many less problems.

MMr should have been smoother, cheaper and less painless but we all know it has been a fiasco... SEND MONEY NOW!

#1618 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I've heard PPS and CGC have reached out to teekee to get some manufacturing tips.

That would ABSOLUTELY be the smartest thing they could ever do! But from what I've seen they aren't that smart...

#1683 7 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

But guys are standing in line to spend 10K on a ghost busters LE

Obviously you just randomly make shit up?

Quoted from whitey:

And the build quality is not even close to a MMR

Lol, man some of you guys were brainwashed!

1 week later
#1767 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Why are people preordering color? It doesn't make any sense.

Dumb_and_dumber_soundtrack_cover_(resized).jpgDumb_and_dumber_soundtrack_cover_(resized).jpg

#1792 7 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

I would have bought it at $400, so they just lost $200 to make me happy.

8031877_(resized).jpg8031877_(resized).jpg

#1814 7 years ago

addtext_com_MTgwMTU4MzI0MDg5_(resized).jpgaddtext_com_MTgwMTU4MzI0MDg5_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#2018 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

do you guys actually believe the stuff you write?
rick

Many of them actually believed and continue to believe everything you write... you're lucky much of your customer base is made up of:

Dumb-and-Dumber-To-Harry-and-Lloyd_(resized).jpgDumb-and-Dumber-To-Harry-and-Lloyd_(resized).jpg

#2030 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Nice ... i guess insulting people is your way of validation and contributing to positive culture here ...

Insulting people??? Comparing them to two very successful and loved actors like Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels is insulting? What are you thinking?

#2031 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

you claim to ignore me, then.... don't?
I think there's something wrong with you.

Quoted from EricHadley:

oops, thanks for reminding me. Ignored now

I doubt this guy even knows where or what the ignore button is... let alone how to use it.

#2035 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

you said you wouldn't post any of our private photos together

Sorry, I guess I have a little of PPS in me...

#2073 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I'm sure PPS/Churchill will do the honorable thing here.

Why start now?

#2116 7 years ago
Quoted from PinScott:

So does that mean it cannot be improved further?

I assume if you send more money they will at least think about it...

#2121 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

There's another $100 I'm sure everybody will be happy to spend.

SEND MONEY NOW! Or maybe set up automatic monthly withdrawals?

#2152 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Think I'm going to wait for the Colorization to be completed before I order it.
Seems reasonable.

Quoted from o-din:

Are you sure the special deal for LE owners will still be available when that happens?

Will the world still exist when that happens?

#2162 7 years ago

The colorization is nice (for the most part) but it doesn't fit a 20 year old classic like MM... IMO

#2201 7 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

I politely asked Rick if there would be an update to the colour to fix the issues that had been reported and also asked if the update to the call-outs was happening.
In his answer he did not address either of my questions but instead told me he did not understand what my problem was and asked if I wanted to cancel my order, so I can only assume neither of these will be addressed.

Lol, that's so Rick! Anyone sending this guy any more of their hard earned cash gets EXACTLY what they deserve...

#2235 7 years ago
Quoted from Eors:

Who cares what it cost...it is certainly worth it

addtext_com_MTA1NTA0MTEzNTY0_(resized).jpgaddtext_com_MTA1NTA0MTEzNTY0_(resized).jpg

#2281 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

conference call with many ?

dumb-and-dumber-to-sea-bass-sequel-fbpic_(resized).jpgdumb-and-dumber-to-sea-bass-sequel-fbpic_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.00
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 64.99
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider teekee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-bad-news-on-colorization?tu=teekee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.