(Topic ID: 136653)

MMr - Colorization Pricing and Availability...Finally!

By eharan

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,467 posts
  • 303 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by fosaisu
  • Topic is favorited by 44 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

556441-2 (resized).jpg
Medieval Madness Color (resized).jpg
Trolls color (resized).jpg
Damsels color (resized).jpg
Tall And Fat (resized).jpg
IMG_2328 (resized).JPG
PPS (resized).jpg
ptb (resized).jpg
Dale Carnegie Jr (resized).PNG
IMG_2327 (resized).JPG
20160820_110220 (resized).jpg
MMRLE-dmd-shift-1 (resized).jpg
dumb-and-dumber-to-sea-bass-sequel-fbpic_(resized).jpg
Phone_(resized).jpg
belushi-1_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider superpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 8 years ago

That is unfortunate but hey even the original MM's didn't come with a color dmd and was a paid mod afterwards. Would have been cool if it was free though at least as a gesture of good faith to those that bought the LE's.

#9 8 years ago

The only promise I heard was from CG was that they were going to make a pin that looked and played exactly like the original MM. With that mandate they nailed it, to include "mods" in the remake would seem a bit odd unless stated at the outset. I just hope that CG's solution to color DMD is at least cheaper than the color DMD mod.

#57 8 years ago

Well that didn't take long for this or any other thread with MMr in the title to become this pro vs anti MMr love hate bash. The usual suspects are attracted to them like flies to sh*t. I really don't understand why people who don't even own an MMr or have an order on the way seem to feel the need to spew their brand of hatred for this machine. You will know who they are by the thumbs down they will give this post. The only commonality I can see is that they own an original or soon to be remade original and watched as the trending price of their precious originals dropped. Bashing MMr is not going to bring the MM prices back up, sorry you speculated and lost.

Back on topic. I think there is great potential for them to do a much better version of colorizing than color DMD with smaller pixels etc. I'm really looking forward to seeing what they come up with.

#154 8 years ago

All machines play differently. If anyone has played in pinball leagues they have heard of the curse of owning the game in that the neuromuscular memory of your own game hinders you when playing at a hosts house which, you guessed it, plays completely different. No 2 machines play the same way, that goes for MM's and MMr's, or TZ's or Addams Family etc.

Quoted from JeffF:

Now my 15 year old son on the other hand didn't equate the differences as negative. He just said it was different but he still enjoyed playing it.

The fact that an experienced MM player didn't like the MMr while the 15 y.o. felt it was different and enjoyed it can be explained by that neuromuscular memory. If the experienced MM player plays the MMr consistant and "rewires"the way the brain registers the shots for a long enough time the reverse will be noticed. I found myself saying and I'm sure many of us have said "I have this machine at home but this one plays completely different".

#157 8 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

MMr is only a game...MM is a game and a collectable.

I respectfully disagree, they are all games meant to be played and enjoyed period. Owners of MM or MMr are BOTH winners.

#322 8 years ago

If Stern has been contracted with the manufacturing of the MMr's and the manufacturing of the MMr's is slow, doesn't that mean that its Sterns' fault and not CGC/PPS?

#324 8 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Maybe PPS should look into licensing Spike from Stern to cut out the CGC electronics and produce future remakes directly.

This would have been a smarter move. Why reinvent the wheel.

#413 8 years ago

I can take any game and give it a super good cleaning and waxing of the playfield, replace balls to new ones and wax them too and any game will be 5-10% faster easily.

#433 8 years ago
Quoted from mcc:

I'm working now on thumbs-downing everyone in this thread who's talking about anything other than colorization...

I think we should work on thumbing down posts from people that have no dog in this race. Clearly this is news for the consumption of MMr owners and those that have purchased one and are still waiting. I don't understand why people who have absolutely no business commenting on this knowing full well that it does not effect or involve them in any way. Yet I'm astounded that they feel that their posts are somehow so important and profound that they need to share them with the rest of us. In the future I would hope that any news regarding MMr be posted in an owners/members thread where it actually benefits owners.

#437 8 years ago

dogless in Socal eh Rob?

#439 8 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

By that logic, does that mean the opinion of a person who bought two carries more weight than someone only buying one?

not really but you certainly have more at stake.

#445 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I've said it before several times, and I will repeat it again: saying someone can't post an opinion because "they have no dog in the race" is one of the dumbest things posted on Pinside on a regular basis.

Maybe I will go into the Spiderman thread and break their balls knowing full well I have no business commenting on it at all. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

#448 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

And since we're talkin' dogs, isn't it usually either "no dog in this fight" or "no horse in this race"? Or has that been tidied up since Michael Vick made a name for himself? Maybe I'll start using "no horse in this fight."

sorry I was thinking about dog racing

I was just on my way across the street to a corporation that I'm sure is conducting a meeting and I will sit in on it and comment on their business, whatever that may be. I will tell them that RobT feels that even though I have no dog in that race that I can still comment anyway.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bettendorf, IA
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 9.95
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider superpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-bad-news-on-colorization?tu=superpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.