(Topic ID: 136653)

MMr - Colorization Pricing and Availability...Finally!

By eharan

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,467 posts
  • 303 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by fosaisu
  • Topic is favorited by 44 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

556441-2 (resized).jpg
Medieval Madness Color (resized).jpg
Trolls color (resized).jpg
Damsels color (resized).jpg
Tall And Fat (resized).jpg
IMG_2328 (resized).JPG
PPS (resized).jpg
ptb (resized).jpg
Dale Carnegie Jr (resized).PNG
IMG_2327 (resized).JPG
20160820_110220 (resized).jpg
MMRLE-dmd-shift-1 (resized).jpg
dumb-and-dumber-to-sea-bass-sequel-fbpic_(resized).jpg
Phone_(resized).jpg
belushi-1_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shastings.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#198 8 years ago

Mods, please issue a thread eject to Vid. Voices of reason are NOT permitted in MMR threads.

Quoted from vid1900:

We had the MMr and MM in the shop at the same time for 4 days while we put Mylar down in the normal wear spots, and moved the slingshot brackets back on the MMr.
The MMr plays a little bit faster.
The shaker on the MMr adds greatly to the game experience.
The sound was clearer on the MMr too.
We played a ton of games on both tables, trying to find differences.
Nothing looks or feels cheap on the MMr, believe me.

#609 8 years ago

I wonder if this will devalue the original even more now? If a buyer is comparing a mint MM original plus $400 ColorDMD to an MMR plus $x CGC-DMD you would have to think most would pay hundreds less if not a $thousand +. This upgrade is just that good.

#632 8 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Truely upgraded graphics for the remakes is fantastic. Leveraging them as an upgrade for the originals is even better (and it would greatly expand the market for those assets.

Wishful thinking. Putting aside whether it is even technically feasible, it would make no business sense to engineer this for the old machines. CGC is in this to sell as many remake machines as possible and this is a BIG additional selling point for the remakes. Heck, if I had an old MM these graphics woud seriously make me think about upgrading, and I'm sure a number of people will do this (hence downward pressure on the old machine prices).

8 months later
#1061 7 years ago

According to my distributor, it is definitely AFMR next.

1 month later
#1188 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The flow and shots were there. It was the sound and lights that were out of sync. If they can fix that I'll give it another shot.

The sound is in sync with the one I played - maybe it's you who is out of sync

3 weeks later
#1655 7 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I don't have the time to read all these damn pages but I can't understand why everyone is all upset at them charging for colorization. I mean, I just don't get it. Bunch of whiners

You answered your own question - they are whiners. Apart from the trolls, who are just whining trolls.

2 weeks later
#2056 7 years ago

I will add to the voices of reason, ie the vast majority who actually have the machine and are happy with it, as opposed to those throwing oh-so-repetitive barbs from the sidelines who either have long-standing grudges or too much free time on their hands. I have also had a very good experience with MMR - it required a few minor tweaks on arrival and hasn't missed a beat since. It still looks and plays like new after ~1500 plays. Yes, it could have been delivered earlier, yes it could have cost less, yes, the colour could have been given for free (and delivered earlier), yes my inserts are faded. But overall, I am extremely happy to be playing a fun machine, easily the most popular with friends in my small lineup. And the enhanced colour really takes it to another level.

1 week later
#2221 7 years ago

Not to bang on about the postage, but I just ordered a Sphero from the US to Australia. Weight about 3 lb, box dimensions about 200 cu. inches. Cost US$160. What was the postage? US$12. Tracking and insurance included.
Compared to a chip that weighs a few ounces at most and costs US$60 to send.
It feels PPS hasn't tried very hard enough on this issue for its international customers.

$60 postage cost$60 postage cost
$12 postage cost$12 postage cost

1 week later
#2367 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Is a troll anything like a company which does not honor its warranty on an 8K pinball machine?
Should the defective play fields have been replaced or did the diffuser suffice?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 64.99
$ 45.00
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shastings.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-bad-news-on-colorization?tu=shastings and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.