(Topic ID: 136653)

MMr - Colorization Pricing and Availability...Finally!

By eharan

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,467 posts
  • 303 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by fosaisu
  • Topic is favorited by 44 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

556441-2 (resized).jpg
Medieval Madness Color (resized).jpg
Trolls color (resized).jpg
Damsels color (resized).jpg
Tall And Fat (resized).jpg
IMG_2328 (resized).JPG
PPS (resized).jpg
ptb (resized).jpg
Dale Carnegie Jr (resized).PNG
IMG_2327 (resized).JPG
20160820_110220 (resized).jpg
MMRLE-dmd-shift-1 (resized).jpg
dumb-and-dumber-to-sea-bass-sequel-fbpic_(resized).jpg
Phone_(resized).jpg
belushi-1_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gangplank.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2386 7 years ago

I recall Rick saying something about LE buyers getting some "extras" with their game, among the mentioned was free colorization. Am I the only one who feels cheated out of MMR colorization because of this? It's not about getting it for free I assure you. I'd buy it if it wasn't so expensive. The color does look great and I would like to have it, but $200? For ONE chip? Come on! I thought at the MOST it would have been $50 and even that I hated to spend on this, I feel bad for standard buyers because they will be paying twice that, with that said I am going to pass on this probing for the time being. For the money I personally feel it's better to invest in spare parts as well as things like new balls, dust covers, and spare rubbers.

#2390 7 years ago

If you guys need some big boy pants, I know a guy...

Tall And Fat (resized).jpgTall And Fat (resized).jpg

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2391 7 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

This has been done to death in this and other threads. Are you being facetious? Anyway, I bought one and it was well worth $200. Hands down.

I suppose it has been done "to death in this and other threads", on the basis that I commented my opinions and moved on as one would do in any other community forum that is, to be clear I wasn't joking in my comment in the slightest, I was being dead serious.

I have nothing bad to say about the colorization itself, it looks great. I want the perk, but to me it just doesn't justify an additional $200 pounding, chances are I'll eventually give in, but for the time being I'd rather wait on it and acquire some spare boards and other parts to keep my game going should anything fail in the future. That's just me.

#2395 7 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Fair enough. I misread you. I thought you were provoking the trolls.
For me, another $200 after $8000 is less than I paid in sales tax for a literal game changer. But I respect your opinion too.

It's all good, I try not to cause trouble on forums for obvious reasons, but I do see how my comment could be misread.

I actually ended up ordering it 3 hours after posting (lol) once I watched Pinball Supernova's video on Youtube, I simply couldn't resist it after seeing more of it for myself! Sure they got me for another $200 but this should be the final expense of the pin as far as I can see. Besides, it's just so flippin' cool!!

1 week later
#2397 7 years ago

Well, I got my colorization yesterday, turns out it's actually much MUCH better in person, it's just so crisp, better then I could have imagined it to be! They did a great job picking colors for the game. It was well worth the money and I have absolutely no regrets, I am very pleased, with that said, as others have said some of the Merlin text is cut out in the color as well as a few other minor bugs, but that's all stuff that will probably be fixed! If you're on the fence about it, I say just go for it, you will not be disappointed and will be enjoying your MMR at it's maximum potential!

Here are a few pictures, though they are far FAR inferior to the true quality of the color upgrade in person.

Damsels color (resized).jpgDamsels color (resized).jpg

Trolls color (resized).jpgTrolls color (resized).jpg

Medieval Madness Color (resized).jpgMedieval Madness Color (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 64.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 85.00
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com
Toys/Add-ons
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
West Bloomfield Township, MI
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gangplank.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-bad-news-on-colorization?tu=gangplank and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.