(Topic ID: 136653)

MMr - Colorization Pricing and Availability...Finally!

By eharan

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,467 posts
  • 303 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by fosaisu
  • Topic is favorited by 44 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

556441-2 (resized).jpg
Medieval Madness Color (resized).jpg
Trolls color (resized).jpg
Damsels color (resized).jpg
Tall And Fat (resized).jpg
IMG_2328 (resized).JPG
PPS (resized).jpg
ptb (resized).jpg
Dale Carnegie Jr (resized).PNG
IMG_2327 (resized).JPG
20160820_110220 (resized).jpg
MMRLE-dmd-shift-1 (resized).jpg
dumb-and-dumber-to-sea-bass-sequel-fbpic_(resized).jpg
Phone_(resized).jpg
belushi-1_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pablito.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 8 years ago

In defense of Rick, I don't think he ever claimed it would be free. I think most of us assumed it would be included because the game was introduced with a color screen and it was mentioned at a future date that multi color animations on the screen would be supported. But I remember that they were going to "try" to include it at no cost but no promises. From my discussions with CGC, I've heard there has been a ton of time spent from a programmer on the color because of the way they have to color each animation. It is also going to have smaller dots that will lead to more crisp animations. With the vibrant colors on that start up screen, I think it's going to look bad ass. As for the cost, I definitely think they should hook us LE buyers up a bit with a discount or a minimal fee as a "Thank you" for sticking with this through all the delays.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

You're f'ing right he said it would be for free. He outright stated it! I'm too lazy to dig up the old threads but it is in there, several times actually.

I don't remember it being stated as free. I could be wrong though. That has happened once or twice in my life.

#31 8 years ago

Well then. Anyone got an extra pitchfork and torch?

1 week later
#629 8 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Congrats to the work of those involved in programming these animations as they do look great, but then the question might be why stick with dots at all? Why not go full blown with vectorized graphics at high resolution? In a way this is using what ColorDMD pioneered as an advertising tool, albeit a different product. Nonetheless, it does look great.

Personally, I like that they kept dots. Gives it the same retro pinball feel but with a nice upgrade. Doing it with full on HD video graphics would have taken away from it. They got it just right which explains all the praise they have gotten for it so far. Hell, they even have some of MMR's biggest critics admitting it looks nice. Crushed it.

#642 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Not at all. Its impressive but its still just a display. Very secondary when it comes to pinball.

Unless of course the topic is screen tearing or glare on the MMR that is being discussed. Then, the "problems" on the LCD are too much to overcome and buyers should head for the hills right?

8 months later
#1056 7 years ago

I played one game on it at PAGG. It was on display because it was for sale but Don was nice enough to let me play a game on it. Looked freakin awesome. Takes a micro SD card and one of those chips at the bottom of the playfield needs to be swapped. I'm hoping for a release soon.

#1094 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

That being said, if everybody took the "wait and see" approach, the games would never have gotten made in the first place.

And now you have discovered TeeKee's motive for his comments. He is not saying this stuff in remake threads as a consumer advocate. If he cared that much about people saving money, and getting screwed for buying "new", he'd be sitting out front of a car dealership handing out pamphlets on new car depreciation. Theres a lot more $ lost there. He would love nothing more than to see remakes go 1 and done. To save all of us remake buyers all of that hard earned $$$ of course.

As an owner of MMR, with insert fade, I can say I'm extremely happy with the purchase overall. I wish the fade issue would have been handled better. But oh well, it is what it is. If they offered me all of my money back to return my machine, I wouldn't do it. Me, my family and friends love the game too much.

Now back to the topic. Give me my color code already!!! And just for TeeKee, I'm ready to SEND MONEY NOW!!!

1 month later
#1527 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

CGC has told me the color upgrade does include the SD card with the updated software.

I haven't put the latest version of the s/w on my machine yet. Just so I'm clear, once I buy the kit, i just plug in the sd card and install the chip, and i'll be good to go with color and all the latest features from the patch that was recently released?

2 weeks later
#1863 7 years ago

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion,[3] often for their own amusement.

Welcome to the internet Wacky. Its a fascinating place full of interesting people.

1 week later
#1964 7 years ago

Rick, Will the new batch cover all outstanding orders? Just wondering if mine will be one of those since I ordered last Monday.

#2148 7 years ago

Well I just installed color last night and wow, what a difference. Very happy with my MMR. Don't sweat the small stuff guys. Go play your games and have fun. Life is too short.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.99
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bettendorf, IA
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.95
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pablito.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-bad-news-on-colorization?tu=Pablito and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.