(Topic ID: 136653)

MMr - Colorization Pricing and Availability...Finally!

By eharan

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,467 posts
  • 303 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by fosaisu
  • Topic is favorited by 44 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

556441-2 (resized).jpg
Medieval Madness Color (resized).jpg
Trolls color (resized).jpg
Damsels color (resized).jpg
Tall And Fat (resized).jpg
IMG_2328 (resized).JPG
PPS (resized).jpg
ptb (resized).jpg
Dale Carnegie Jr (resized).PNG
IMG_2327 (resized).JPG
20160820_110220 (resized).jpg
MMRLE-dmd-shift-1 (resized).jpg
dumb-and-dumber-to-sea-bass-sequel-fbpic_(resized).jpg
Phone_(resized).jpg
belushi-1_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Drewblood419.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#52 8 years ago

Glad I got AMH instead

7 months later
#903 8 years ago

Pinball DLC would be horrible for the hobby unless it cut the initial cost of a NIB game more than 1/2 what they cost now

1 week later
#917 8 years ago

Damn the crickets are loud.....

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#921 8 years ago

I actually prefer the new hardware so far. Last night when I was installing mantis protectors on my MMR it was apparent that removing some of the mechs is so much easier on MMR than dealing with a huge wire loom. 3 screws and one plug and bam the mech was out. Sure MMR has had its bumps in the road but I'd still take a brand new medieval madness over a 20 year old game with hacks and wear or a hep one for thousands more.

#925 7 years ago
Quoted from Dirk:

They are waiting for all the games to be delivered and then charge us a rediculous price

Sad to say but at this point you may be on to something. I could see some people wanting to cancel their orders if the color code update is too pricy. As for me personally I think the game is the tits and glad I bought one

#928 7 years ago

It almost seems at this point like it's going to be used to rejuvenate the interest in MMR standards once all of the LEs are delivered

1 week later
#939 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Please please please somebody decrypt the shit out of the colorized display code. I don't have an MMr but it'd feel good to see that

......and the wait just got longer

#988 7 years ago
Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

Sound sucks!!!
DMD tearing!!!! awful
Seeing a green circuit card through an insert!!!!
Waiting 2 years or longer,black trim anyone?
Can't read inserts,too bright,here's a sheet of plastic,Thanks!,,,,
Coin mechs!!!???!! Fugettaboutit
Ridiculous software up grades for a 20 year old game that literally had no issues upon release.
Incredibly disappointing.I was looking forward to more MM,AfM,MBs in the world.
There is a thread on here: MMr nib repair kit.that should be enough to scare anyone away.Especially at 8k,because I think,pinball buyers with enough experience and determination could find an original for the same money.Without the incredible amount of issues this release had,is having,will always have.

Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

Shame on you!!!! You should share that update with every owner.
Why won't they release it? Makes no sense. I call BS.
Honestly,if you have some top secret software fix for the tearing,share.
I've heard from a good source,just like you,that it can't be corrected.I think the whole redrawn color thing is a smoke screen ,and so did my friend,for the tearing.Remenber the color "upgrade" is redrawn.Which takes it right outta remake territory.

Have you read the repair thread? Most are just adjustments more than anything. As for the code I also have the beta code I was lucky enough to have downloaded it before the link was shut down and yes it did fix the tearing issue as well as the sound issue. I have had my MMR since January and do have the insert issue as well as the diffuser (which I installed and it was easy to do) I haven't had anything fail,break, or need much adjustment. The game is well built and plays amazingly well. As much as I agree that CGC could have handled things better with their customers I also see a lot of people here that are just here to join in on a witch hunt and blast CGC even people who don't have a MMR of their own or experience with any of these "issues" if you really want to compare things with a new machine go read the GB thread and all the issues that have arisen. Let's be real it's a new company with a new machine there wil be a few issues. Heck stern has issues and tweaks on every release they put out for about the first year. I've seen on stern threads playfieldld chipping, dmds failing, decals peeling, boards needing replaced etc etc etc. hell don't even get me started on WOZ and its headaches/issues. Aside from the light text on my MMR inserts I have had zero,yes zero issues on my MMR. Put it in perspective a bit and also realize the polarization of the game itself and the money that originals were selling for before MMR and how many original MMowners will be quick to jump on and exploit these issues to try to justify their machines being better than a remake which in my opinion aren't unless they are still in the box

#990 7 years ago

Yep I have had zero screen tearing or sound issues since I installed beta code 1.55 and a pair of coaxial speakers that cost $30 and 10 minutes to install I also connected it to the same external sub that is on my Metallica LE and my MMR sounds amazing. It rocks the house when the castle explodes

#1003 7 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

You have the current shipping version that everyone else has. The beta code was 1.5.5 if I remember correctly.

Yep beta is 1.5.5

1 month later
#1109 7 years ago

#colorblindmmr

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#1187 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I bet he wants to sell the mmre, can't make an easy sale without a good pf

Nope not looking to sell it at all I play it all the time and having a ton of fun with it. Just more of your pointless assumptions

Quoted from Mike_J:

I wonder why.
I thought he said the diffuser did a good job.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/early-production-run-mmr-owners-help-needed/page/7#post-3212158

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 29.95
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 64.99
Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Drewblood419.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-bad-news-on-colorization?tu=Drewblood419 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.